Shoutbox

Mouse problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Mouse problems (/showthread.php?tid=35145)

Mouse problems by Reaper on 12-02-2004 at 07:40 PM

this is a really odd problem. Only today has my mouse started playin up on me
Basically the problem is that, sometimes wen i clik once i double cliks instead, also wen i clik and drag, it doesnt stay draggin(if u understand me) instead it will either start a new drag or stop all together.

I have tried reinstalling my mouse, restartin my comp and updatin the drivers but it still hasnt worked. is there a solution to this.

thanx for help

Im using the mouse which came with my Dell Dimension 4550. Its a Logitech mouse but not sure wot model it is

RE: Mouse problems by Ash_ on 12-03-2004 at 01:16 AM

well you said that already reinstalled the mouse and drivers and stuff. so go steal one of the plug-n-play mouses from somewhere in your house or get a cheapo one from the shop and test if that one works. if it does its probably your mouse.

otherwise ctrl-alt-delete and make sure theres no processes with weird names that you dont know about. especially temp files. i dont know why a trojan or sometihng would muck around with your mouse.  but better look anyway.

Otherwise i don't know maybe wait for more reply's or get it checked out by someone.

RE: Mouse problems by matty on 12-03-2004 at 05:41 AM

Some more info about the mouse is needed thanks.

Is it optical? Is it optical and wireless? Is is a ball mouse?

If it is a ball mouse have you taken the ball out and cleared the crap in it?

RE: Mouse problems by Mike on 12-03-2004 at 06:07 AM

I also ha(d)ve the same problem...
First PC then laptop(external mouse).
With a ball mouse and a laser mouse or how they are called.
By the way they are not wireless...
What i did with the ball mouse:
Took a toothpick and then cleaned with the toothpick the left click...
It didnt do too much but...
By the way, i didnt do this with the "laser" mouse...

RE: Mouse problems by Reaper on 12-03-2004 at 02:36 PM

well, my mouse is and optical mouse WITH a wire. I have used another mouse and that works fyn. The mouse wich doesnt work is plugged in thru usb and the other one is plugged in thru the mouse port. im not sure if that make a difference

wud it help if i took apart my mouse and cleaned it?

RE: Mouse problems by Reaper on 12-03-2004 at 08:34 PM

I opened my mouse and cleaned it but it seemed to make no difference. I really dont want to buy a new mouse. I jus want a way to fix this >.<

RE: Mouse problems by ShawnZ on 12-03-2004 at 08:49 PM

you dident spill antrhing on it recently, did you? if you did, it may make the mouse move erraticly. Also, check to make sure there are no bite marks from your pets if you have any, they can cause the mouse to behave eratticly also.

edit: if its a laser mouse make sure it is not on a glossy surface, and make sure the surface it is on is not red in color. It is also recommended that you used a textured surface for a laser mouse.