Shoutbox

Remove advertising banner - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Remove advertising banner (/showthread.php?tid=35162)

Remove advertising banner by groovegal on 12-03-2004 at 01:59 AM

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been covered but why wont the new messenger plus for msn 7 include a hide advertiser banner?

This is something that really bugs me about msn and I loved the fact that I could hide it before.

What happened?:(

RE: Remove advertising banner by Hank on 12-03-2004 at 02:02 AM

Originally posted by Patchou
I removed it only now because the technical change in Messenger 7 forced me to reconsider the feature.

Please, try to understand, I know some of you really don't like this but it is final (and its not like mess.be didn't offer alternatives).

(...)

I assure you that Microsoft never asked me to remove this option from Messenger. But again, they want Messenger 7 to start generating some real revenue for them and I'm not going to cause them troubles. There will always be other addons/patches to do that anyway so you'll always have an option, one way or the other.

RE: Remove advertising banner by groovegal on 12-03-2004 at 02:21 AM

Okay forgive me but that sounds  a little elusive.  It seems to me that the reasons for leaving this feature out havent really been explained more dismissed. 

RE: Remove advertising banner by Hank on 12-03-2004 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
There will always be other addons/patches to do that anyway so you'll always have an option, one way or the other.

as stated

quote:
Originally posted by groovegal
Okay f

RE: Remove advertising banner by sacrific on 12-03-2004 at 09:19 AM

in other words this f****** banner can't be removed .... but if i have understood, we can remove it thanks to an addons/patches
omg is there any solutions ???

RE: Remove advertising banner by Dansha on 12-03-2004 at 09:54 AM

This was recently answered, about a day or two ago. The forum has a search function, it's probably the quickest method to get the answer you're looking for, but i'll say it anyway.

Yes there are valid reasons why Patchou has decided not to add the banner removal feature in Messenger 7. Those reasons he has already stated. He obviously understands that banners are an important source of revenue, and he does not want to be the one taking that away.

Yes there are other ways to remove the banner, other patches. Those patches are available at www.mess.be. Have a look and you will find a section for Messenger 7 with the patches that you are looking for.

RE: Remove advertising banner by Hank on 12-03-2004 at 10:00 AM

look @  Cracks/patches for MSN7

RE: Remove advertising banner by gnownoskcid on 12-03-2004 at 10:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
look @  Cracks/patches for MSN7
bah that's not even english! Just go www.mess.be
RE: Remove advertising banner by Hank on 12-03-2004 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid

bah that's not even english! Just go www.mess.be

But the Crack when downloaded is in English if you l00k hard enuff
RE: Remove advertising banner by user36611 on 12-03-2004 at 10:36 AM

nooo+o(
I realy liked that about Msgplus! But if thats what Patchou wan't to do then OK.
But im still going to use Msgplus! I love it! (NOT "LOVE", BUT I LIKE IT, hehe:))