Shoutbox

Messenger beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger beta (/showthread.php?tid=35207)

Messenger beta by jcarolina121 on 12-04-2004 at 02:33 AM

hey! i need someone to answer me a question.....is it possible to change the main background(the main window where the contact's list is at)in the beta 7.0? please help me out because i'm tired of seeing the same white background all the time.....thanx;)

RE: Messenger beta by user27089 on 12-04-2004 at 02:38 AM

No yyou can't change this i'm afraid without using a res hacker, and this is illegal to do, so I would advise against it.

RE: Messenger beta by gnownoskcid on 12-04-2004 at 04:08 AM

i thought you just have to save the background file as lvback.gif and put it in your "msn messenger" folder just like in 6.2

RE: Messenger beta by GameGuy on 12-04-2004 at 04:16 AM

^ lvback.gif is only for MSN Messenger 7 I believe and it doesn't change your Background Color. It add's a image with the background on the bottom right above the search bar ;)!

RE: Messenger beta by gnownoskcid on 12-04-2004 at 04:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GameGuy
^ lvback.gif is only for MSN Messenger 7 I believe and it doesn't change your Background Color. It add's a image with the background on the bottom right above the search bar ;)!
first of all lvback.gif can be used with 6.2, I'm sure cuz i use it
secondly, you can use lvback.gif to change the background color by making lvback.gif filled with a single color
thirdly, jcarolina121 never said he wanted a plain background with a solid color