Shoutbox

Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? (/showthread.php?tid=35260)

Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by humanreflect on 12-05-2004 at 02:20 PM

soo???

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by brad__bomb on 12-05-2004 at 08:09 PM

Blasphemer makes StuffPlug-NG, people only critisize Blasphemer and StuffPlug-NG, Blasphemer stops making StuffPlug-NG. Just to sum it up.

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by Millenium_edition on 12-05-2004 at 08:12 PM

don't worry, he hasn't stopped developing yet. he just needs a break to think about himself... by the time i'm talking he's probably still working on SPNG ;)

i've got proof btw... the msn 7 version exists :p
http://www.stuffplug.com/SPNGMSN7.zip

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by humanreflect on 12-05-2004 at 09:52 PM

mmm ok. But i bet its just a few people who bug him :P.
well anyways yes i have the msn 7 stuffpplugng.. BUT i miss a lot the window open notifer, in msn 7 it doesnt work.. sniff...

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by RaceProUK on 12-06-2004 at 12:51 PM

There's a good reason for that.
MSN7 puts DPs in toasts, and to get those DPs, effectively starts a conversation and closes it once the DP is downloading.
Now, extrapolate this to, say, 30 contacts, and you sign in. There's a very real chance of drowning in toasts, as anywhere between 0 and 30 'conversations' are started.

Then again, TB's probably working on a solution...

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by humanreflect on 12-06-2004 at 11:16 PM

mmm ok ok get it now :), hope he finds a solutions :)

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by spokes on 12-07-2004 at 07:53 AM

couldnt he just use custom toasts?, and avoid the picture?

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by riahc4 on 12-07-2004 at 05:40 PM

I dont think hes working on the Window feature (at least from what ive talked with him....which is a little) but all is going well so dont worry about it that yes updates will still be coming...

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by CookieRevised on 12-07-2004 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
couldnt he just use custom toasts?, and avoid the picture?
that's not the issue/problem...

Like raceprouk explained: MSN Messenger 7 now displays the DP into the toasts. To do this MSN Messenger needs to have them first, so it effectively starts a conversation with all your contacts and closes it once the DP is downloading. Detecting this opening and closing is exactly what that "open convo notifier"-feature does. In other words, it can't differentiate anymore between a convo that is openend by your contact himself and a convo that is openend/requested by MSN Messenger to fetch the DP's...

Even in MSN Messenger 6.2 you see this effect: If you use a "open convo notifier" in MSN Messenger and you sign in, you could be notified that some people have openend a convo with you. However, these notifications don't come from those people, but from MSN Messenger 7 which they are using (because their MSN Messenger 7 requests my DP)...

Benefit from this: I can exactly see who on my contactlist is using MSN Messenger 7 :D
RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by Derwan on 12-08-2004 at 05:21 AM

Messenger sends info for the "User is typing a message" indication at the bottom of the message window.  Why not use a combination of "Message window opened" and "user typing a message" to display the message window opened notification (toast).  This would actually be more useful anyway, because you would only be notified if the user is actually typing something to you, rather than just having opened the message window.

RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by CookieRevised on 12-08-2004 at 05:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Derwan
This would actually be more useful anyway, because you would only be notified if the user is actually typing something to you, rather than just having opened the message window.
Some people like to know when someone is just opening their convo, with or without writing a message...
(although if that is the limitation, I think many people can live with that)
RE: Why no more StufPlugin Ng updates??? by kri on 12-08-2004 at 01:29 PM

Just wantet to say that I hope Blasphemer doesn't stop developing StuffPlug-NG! It's really good!