Shoutbox

an audio codec i cant find.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: an audio codec i cant find.. (/showthread.php?tid=35272)

an audio codec i cant find.. by megamuff on 12-05-2004 at 07:39 PM

Can anyone help me find the audio codec needed for this file? I cant seem to find it, I can only enjoy this file in Winamp but I want to enjoy it in Windows Media Player....

(Right click+Save Target As... -- or download manager... best to NOT open it in the browser.)

RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by Anubis on 12-05-2004 at 08:46 PM

The audio is a "DivX ;-) Audio" standard codec, most these files have a LAME MP3 codec as the audio for quality reasons. Download and install the K-Lite Codec pack which includes the codec you need

RE: RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by megamuff on 12-05-2004 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
The audio is a "DivX ;-) Audio" standard codec, most these files have a LAME MP3 codec as the audio for quality reasons. Download and install the K-Lite Codec pack which includes the codec you need

*sigh* not true, it is not divx audio, because i have the k-lite codec pack, and i have even tried it in divx player.. in fact i dont think there is a divx audio codec. because divx is video not audio. hence why without divx codecs, you get video only with no audio, and then idiots all over the fastrack network say their files have no video when they do..</rambling> ;)
RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by user13774 on 12-06-2004 at 12:12 PM

GSpot Codec Info says:

Audio:
divx (same as wma) (0x0161) DivX Networks

Bitrate:
64 kb/s (32/ch, stereo)

On my computer he found 3 compatible codecs (I ONLY have K-Lite Codec Pack Basic and WMP10):
- Windows Media Audio V2
- Windows Media Audio Decoder
- WMAudio Decoder DMO

And for the info:
I can play the movie with BSplayer and I hear the music

RE: RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by megamuff on 12-07-2004 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
GSpot Codec Info says:

Audio:
divx (same as wma) (0x0161) DivX Networks

Bitrate:
64 kb/s (32/ch, stereo)

On my computer he found 3 compatible codecs (I ONLY have K-Lite Codec Pack Basic and WMP10):
- Windows Media Audio V2
- Windows Media Audio Decoder
- WMAudio Decoder DMO

And for the info:

well, since they, for one reason or another, didnt come with windows 98, windows 98se (upgraded to this one..), windows 2000 (upgraded to this one later...), k-lite codec pack, divx player, or the 'codecs' that install with internet explorer 6.. can you send me the audio codec or codecs that you have that work with the file?

PS: that is great you got it to play in a media player nobody has ever heard of, but what about windows media player?
RE: RE: RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by Twan on 12-07-2004 at 06:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
quote:
Originally posted by Markus

And for the info:

PS: that is great you got it to play in a media player nobody has ever heard of, but what about windows media player?

BSPlayer is a media player you can play movies with subtitles in.. that's all I use it for.. (not that I like to use subtitles, more for my mother or sister)
RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by user13774 on 12-07-2004 at 12:05 PM

quote:
PS: that is great you got it to play in a media player nobody has ever heard of

BSPlayer is NOT a player 'nobody has ever heard of'.... but that doesn't matter. BSPlayer is just a player that can handle every file type, including avi.

quote:
Originally posted by Twan
BSPlayer is a media player you can play movies with subtitles in.. that's all I use it for.. (not that I like to use subtitles, more for my mother or sister)

I also use if for the easy keyboard controls.

quote:
but what about windows media player?

I tried it with Windows Media Player 10 and it works fine for me.
RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by CookieRevised on 12-07-2004 at 10:23 PM

I can confirm that the AVI plays very nicely in WMP10 (sound and video) and that the video codec is DivX 3.11 and audio codec WMaudio DMO (whatever that is).

You might want to (re)install your DivX codec.... http://www.divx.com/

RE: an audio codec i cant find.. by Maniac on 12-07-2004 at 11:17 PM

Actually only having the K-Lite codec pack isn't enough. I strongly recommen you install all the codecs you can seperatly, downloaded from their respective sites. K-Lite codec pack will make MOST files play fine but ive had problems with it. Especially with the 3ivX codec, it just wouldn't play properly with K-Lite Codec Pack. Since then i isntalled all the codecs i found seperatly and the ones i didnt with the Codec Pack and everything is fine :)