Shoutbox

Need some Car ideas. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Need some Car ideas. (/showthread.php?tid=35287)

Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-06-2004 at 03:58 AM

I need some ideas for my car!

So, I'm working on my good Ol' Cop Car and I want your input!

What Mod/Add-on/Upgrade should I do to my car?

Heres the current stats on my car that I've upgraded/added-on:

Pioneer CD/WMA/MP3 200Watt Deck
760Watt Pioneer Amplifer
2 8" 300 Watt Sub-Woofers

Now, I've got the final part on order for my Car-puter!

7" Touch Screen, 1Ghz Athlon, 256mb Ram, 40gb HD, Geforce MX440 64mb, Sound Blaster Live 5.1, Tri-Wireless (3 Wi-Fi Cards).
It will play Music through the car's sound system, Video, GPS, Rear View Camera.

Now, What should I do next? I dont want to spend too much but I want to further the car. The two big options I've throught of are Fog Lights or Tinted Windows.... Any other ideas?

I'll say this much, Glass Packs, Are out of the question.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pr0xY on 12-06-2004 at 04:53 AM

Are you focusing on Audio stuff or  do you want Performance parts...?  Basically do you want your car to be all show no glow... or all about speed?

RE: Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-06-2004 at 05:25 AM

It can go either way but I dont want to go overboard on the speed/performance parts. Besides it's pretty fast as it is.

4.6L V8 - 240hp.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-06-2004 at 05:44 AM

I think some window tinting, or a good paint job that looks police-ish, but cool :banana:

RE: Need some Car ideas. by Weyzza on 12-06-2004 at 05:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
It can go either way but I dont want to go overboard on the speed/performance parts. Besides it's pretty fast as it is.

4.6L V8 - 240hp.
:|
How much gas do you spend in a week?

Anyways, I don't know if your car already has had a moon roof or not. But, if it hasn't, it could a good upgrade.

I really don't know if it is really a good idea though :p
But, in MTV's Pimp My Ride, I once saw a car that was modified to be having a moon roof, and a sensor that will close the moon roof automatically if it is raining :p
I just think that it's very cool :p

Oh, and btw, your "Car-puter" sounds very cool :gfdrin:

Any pics if it is done?
RE: Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-06-2004 at 05:50 AM

Paint Job!

Thats what I should do. Then I'll hook up the window tinting.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pr0xY on 12-06-2004 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj

4.6L V8 - 240hp.
:shocked: Shit!!! wj I hope you plan on running that on a drag strip, you'll prob run LOW 15's, maybe even high 14's. 

wj, what are you running in that thing, as far as the engine goes?
RE: Need some Car ideas. by sock on 12-06-2004 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
4.6L V8 - 240hp.
Seems like an old engine...

Anyway, I think this whole car modding business is silly. :P
RE: Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-06-2004 at 04:50 PM

It's a cop motor. and I get mid 14s :-P Last run was about 14.4 on the strip.

Old Engine? it's a 1995.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by CookieRevised on 12-06-2004 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Paint Job!

Thats what I should do. Then I'll hook up the window tinting.
Don't forget to put a nice touch of msgplus logo somewhere ;) small, but delicate ;)
RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-06-2004 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
It's a cop motor. and I get mid 14s :-P Last run was about 14.4 on the strip.

Old Engine? it's a 1995.

LOL :P 14.4 mpg? It gets less mileage than an H2 o.O :P

Anyways, could you post that pic. you posted in my old car thread? I'd like to do an edit to show you what I meant :banana: ;)
RE: Need some Car ideas. by Stigmata on 12-06-2004 at 05:21 PM

:o how many jobs do you have :S :o :O

anyway :)
all i can say is

nice paint job ( no flames etc cus its tacky )
nice Roar when the engine starts.

oh yeh, and it HAS to be a vw campervan :D

RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-06-2004 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

nice paint job ( no flames etc cus its tacky )

I agree that they're tackyon newer cars, but they look really good on old (re-built) Model T's and such.

[Image: 1930-Ford-Sedan-flathead-matte-black-le.jpg]

...:drool: :drool:
RE: Need some Car ideas. by azn angel on 12-07-2004 at 10:55 AM

NOS! coloured lights..dont know the technical terms but go watch 2f2f and you'll know what i mean

RE: Need some Car ideas. by MessEnGer on 12-07-2004 at 11:15 AM

HEy Wj how about a mufler ???

give some extra sound to the car eh ??

and also what about some nice alloys ?

hmm yeah i agree to azn angels idea how about having some lights under the car that'll look cool

RE: Need some Car ideas. by Wabz on 12-07-2004 at 04:03 PM

Slam it to the floor, Whack an induction kit on.  And a nice paint job with tinted windows

RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pr0xY on 12-07-2004 at 04:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
NOS! coloured lights..dont know the technical terms but go watch 2f2f and you'll know what i mean
NO... he wants to make it look good, not rice it out. 

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Slam it to the floor, Whack an induction kit on.  And a nice paint job with tinted windows
:) Glad to see some people know something about cars...
RE: Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-07-2004 at 04:27 PM

Not 14.4 mpg :-P Thats my time on the drag strip.

Blade, I'll shoot a pict of it today if the weather clears up, I dont know if I have the old pict any more.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by st0rm on 12-08-2004 at 01:05 AM

wellz i dunno much abt cars, basically i noe nuffin bout em, buh i do noe this, from experience hah, dun modify it sooo much that it looks like a massive hunk of rice. so modify it too look nice, and so that it actually goes somewhere wen u put ur foot down.

if u modify it soo much that it just looks like u spent 10grand on stupid lil things and the car isnt that much of a fast car, ur gonna get a lotta shit on the road.

u should put ur mind more to performance parts so u can get better times on the drag strip, like my dad did, hes got a '95 model R33 GTS-T Nissan Skyline, and it currently does 12.9's at the drags on a stock turbo, and thats all from spending weekends working on the performance, and buyin better performance parts.

buh in the end, its your car, if u want a good looking car that doesnt go anywhere, then go ahead, buh if u want a good looking car that doesnt look REALLY bad and goes somewhere then go ahead too, its ur car

lolz this coming from a lil girl tha doesnt know anything bout cars lolz

RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 03:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
wellz i dunno much abt cars, basically i noe nuffin bout em, buh i do noe this, from experience hah, dun modify it sooo much that it looks like a massive hunk of rice. so modify it too look nice, and so that it actually goes somewhere wen u put ur foot down.

if u modify it soo much that it just looks like u spent 10grand on stupid lil things and the car isnt that much of a fast car, ur gonna get a lotta shit on the road.

u should put ur mind more to performance parts so u can get better times on the drag strip, like my dad did, hes got a '95 model R33 GTS-T Nissan Skyline, and it currently does 12.9's at the drags on a stock turbo, and thats all from spending weekends working on the performance, and buyin better performance parts.

buh in the end, its your car, if u want a good looking car that doesnt go anywhere, then go ahead, buh if u want a good looking car that doesnt look REALLY bad and goes somewhere then go ahead too, its ur car

lolz this coming from a lil girl tha doesnt know anything bout cars lolz

Actually, a lot of the 'for looks' parts DO increase performance.

Rims - Lighter rims means a faster quarter mile
Hood - A Lighter hood, or a hood with intake will help the engine perform better/lighten the car
Spoiler (wing) - Decreases drag and/or keps the rear end from hydroplaning
Body Kits - Decreases drag and wind res.
Fresh paint - prevents rust (if done well)
Tires - grips the road better/perform better
etc.

PS
WJ, taking off the massive spotlight might lighten it a bit :P
RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pr0xY on 12-08-2004 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by st0rm
like my dad did, hes got a '95 model R33 GTS-T Nissan Skyline, and it currently does 12.9's at the drags on a stock turbo, and thats all from spending weekends working on the performance, and buyin better performance parts.
O_o umm.... ok.... where do I start.....
1.  the car you just said... the '95 Nissan R33 GTS-T Skyline, would run 12.9 with it being completely stock (besides taking the speed govener off).  I would think that car, with even some minor performance parts, would run better then that.  hmmm...... ohwell...

NEXT.....

quote:
Originally posted by blade
Actually, a lot of the 'for looks' parts DO increase performance.
Oh really?
quote:
Rims - Lighter rims means a faster quarter mile
That depend on what kind you get... if your dealing with cars, and you get rims any bigger then 18 inch's, your not leaving yourself enough rubber to really grab the ground, so basically you'd just sit there like a dumb ass spinning your tires.   
quote:
Hood - A Lighter hood, or a hood with intake will help the engine perform better/lighten the car
True....
quote:
Yes they do help with that, BUT your car needs to be a certain wheel drived, AND for the spoiler to have any affect while your racing, your car would have to be going over 140 mph, and 80% of the cars that have spoilers on them cant get past 120mph anyways, so spoilers are mainly all show...
quote:
Nope, it restricts the amount of air that can go underneath the car, and it adds some weight to the car. 
quote:
O_o wtf? yeah, only if the smell of the pain gets into the engine and helps out with the gas to make a bigger explosion for the piston...
quote:
nothing showy about tires, all of them look GREAT if you spend 5 minutes putting tire dressing on them. 
quote:
WJ, taking off the massive spotlight might lighten it a bit :P
oh hells no.... wj you keep that spotlight on there, thats pimp..... thats also what makes the car what it is, :D

RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 04:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY

quote:
Yes they do help with that, BUT your car needs to be a certain wheel drived, AND for the spoiler to have any affect while your racing, your car would have to be going over 140 mph, and 80% of the cars that have spoilers on them cant get past 120mph anyways, so spoilers are mainly all show...

Not true, you can change the angle accordingly.

quote:
quote:
Nope, it restricts the amount of air that can go underneath the car, and it adds some weight to the car.

Actually, Body kits do help if you get the proper ones.

quote:
quote:
O_o wtf? yeah, only if the smell of the pain gets into the engine and helps out with the gas to make a bigger explosion for the piston...

I mean re-painting a car with an aging paint job,

quote:
nothing showy about tires, all of them look GREAT if you spend 5 minutes putting tire dressing on them.

Not true, lots of tires look awesome, but that mostly depends on the rims.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pipish on 12-08-2004 at 05:08 AM

Show us a pic is sounds like ans awsome car put a good matalic paint job on it thats what i would do :)

RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 06:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
Show us a pic is sounds like ans awsome car put a good matalic paint job on it thats what i would do :)

^o) on a police car? ^o)
RE: Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-08-2004 at 06:28 AM

I'll take it back over to the carwash tommorow and snap a photo in the light.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pipish on 12-08-2004 at 09:28 AM

quote:
quote:

^o) on a police car? ^o)

police car o still would look ok  as long as it isnt like a real police car just the kind they use
RE: RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pr0xY on 12-08-2004 at 12:48 PM

quote:
quote:

quote:

Not true, you can change the angle accordingly. 

Blade, are you talking about a ricer spoiler, the ones that are put on like civics and other imports?  if so most of those cars dont need a spoiler, cuase they'll never go fast enough where it could make a difference. 

quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, Body kits do help if you get the proper ones. 
I dont care if there is a "slight chance that one would help, wj owns a old cop car, I doubt any company even makes body kits for it. 

quote:
quote:
quote:

I mean re-painting a car with an aging paint job,
Doesn't matter, it wont help, but yeah wj, do get a paint job.... :D

quote:
quote:
quote:

Not true, lots of tires look awesome, but that mostly depends on the rims.

Maybe I'll upload some pictures of the cars I worked on this summer, that way you might be more ampt to believe me with what I'm saying. 
RE: RE: RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Blade, are you talking about a ricer spoiler, the ones that are put on like civics and other imports?  if so most of those cars dont need a spoiler, cuase they'll never go fast enough where it could make a difference.

No, I am talking about Spoilers, PERIOD! :-/

quote:
I dont care if there is a "slight chance that one would help, wj owns a old cop car, I doubt any company even makes body kits for it. 

Didn't say for WJ's car, I said body kits in general :-

quote:

Doesn't matter, it wont help, but yeah wj, do get a paint job.... :D

Again, I didn't say for WJ, I said in general :-/

quote:

Maybe I'll upload some pictures of the cars I worked on this summer, that way you might be more ampt to believe me with what I'm saying. 

Oh ya?
Some examples of NICE tires:
[Image: 263456.jpg]
[Image: Hoosier-A3SO3.jpg]
[Image: zombie-max.jpg]
RE: Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-08-2004 at 04:42 PM

quote:

[Image: zombie-max.jpg]

That looks like a monster of a tire.

I want to get new wheels, but there SO DAMN expensive for the ones I want :-( I'd be looking at 800 just for the wheels and another 300ish for the tires. Bah...... Thats a little much.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
I want to get new wheels, but there SO DAMN expensive for the ones I want :-( I'd be looking at 800 just for the wheels and another 300ish for the tires. Bah...... Thats a little much.

I know what you mean.
Your best chance is to give the salesman the impression you can get them for *amount here* less over at *store here* and EVEN LESS at *store here*. You'd be surprised how much cheaper things suddenly become :P
RE: Need some Car ideas. by user27089 on 12-08-2004 at 04:50 PM

quote:

[Image: 263456.jpg]

That wheel looks the worst but its the best out of all three, it would be amazing for handling in sunny weather, but if that baby hits some water then it'll slide cause there will be nowhere for the water to go :)...

quote:
police car o still would look ok  as long as it isnt like a real police car just the kind they use

Well, I don't really know, police cars are a little bit dodgy to be honest, it may look good or it may not, 50/50 chance really :-/.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by CookieRevised on 12-08-2004 at 10:49 PM

All those shown wheels are illegal to drive with on normal roads! If some cop catches you with that you can be sure that you have to pay a huge fine... And with such wheels your car will even be sacked if you need to go to the motor vehicle inspection.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by kangie on 12-08-2004 at 11:38 PM

NOS and neons :D:D:D

n wtfs all this about not making your car look like a bit of rice?! :/  if you want a car to look uber nice, put neons on, and like, a vinyl... if you want it to go fast, NOS, if you want a normal car, then none of the above :)

RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pr0xY on 12-09-2004 at 04:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
That wheel looks the worst but its the best out of all three, it would be amazing for handling in sunny weather, but if that baby hits some water then it'll slide cause there will be nowhere for the water to go:) ...
yeah thats a risk I'd take.  Like cookie said, the only place you'd see a car with those tires on it would be the track, and no one would even bother racing if it was raining out. 

HERE are some great tires...
[Image: RadialDrag.jpg]
And...
[Image: tirespage.gif]

They pwn your tires Blade...
RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 05:13 AM

quote:

They pwn your tires Blade...

Mine was a quick 1 minute google search tos how you tires can look good 8-)
RE: Need some Car ideas. by wj on 12-09-2004 at 06:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
All those shown wheels are illegal to drive with on normal roads! If some cop catches you with that you can be sure that you have to pay a huge fine... And with such wheels your car will even be sacked if you need to go to the motor vehicle inspection.
The race tires yea. I really wanna get a set of these:
[Image: 10302003CVwheel01-med.jpg]

RE: Need some Car ideas. by sock on 12-09-2004 at 01:51 PM

Some replies to what you've been talking about here... :P

Thinner tires give a better grip. Thicker tires are better for performance, fuel consumption and ride comfort (less noise too). "thinner/thicker" refers to the ratio between the base width and side width (I don't know the English terminology). Every tire is a compromise, there's no perfect tire.

The rim size by itself doesn't mean anything except for aesthetics (it will mess up the speedometer tuning though). Lightweight rims will slightly decrease the car's unsupported weight, which has some small advantage I forgot. In road cars though, they're mainly for aesthetics reasons too.

What's more practical is the tires' air-pressure. Higher pressure (in the allowed scale!) gives better grip, performance and fuel consumption, while lower pressure gives better ride comfort.

Spoilers increase the tires' friction as speed grows, to slightly improve performance, fuel consumption and grip. However, they're only effective in high speeds. But they are also mainly an aesthetics thing (in America at least), just like those body kits that decrease the car's drag for the same purposes...

Anyway, as I said before, I think this stuff is silly... If you want a faster, better-gripping car, get a Miata with a big engine (or if you can, a Boxster or a BMW 3:drool:). If you want a better-looking car, well, get a French car. :refuck: (see examples below:chrongue:)

Peugeot: classic aesthetics.

[Image: nc985.gif]

[Image: PEUGEOT_407_01-2004-26.jpg]

Renault: wonderful creativity.

[Image: megane3.jpg]

IMO, those simple, clean designs are much more aesthetic than all those mumbo-jumbo "sportive" mods, and creative body shapes are much more attractive. :P OK, that's all.

RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 04:25 PM

* .blade// thinks the Renault looks like a Ford focus that needs ass lyposuction :refuck:

Anyways, WJ, have you got  the pic. yet? :-/

RE: Need some Car ideas. by user27089 on 12-09-2004 at 05:42 PM

quote:
* blade thinks the Renault looks like a dor focus that needs ass lyposuction :refuck:

Anyways, WJ, have you got  the pic. yet? :-/

agreed about the renault dude ;) ;).. I hate the renault megane, the peugot 206 is a young womans car and the other peugot is just ugly to be honest ;).

I prefer cars like the mitsubishi evo 8:
[Image: evolution8la05.jpg]

Check out that spoiler, the rims.. 4 wheel drive.. the colour :drool:

Nissan Skyline:
[Image: nissan%20skyline.jpg]

Check out that beast.. For some reason, I just love done-up cars thats are sort of like salloons but not if you know what I mean :p

Wj, get some pictures, that way, we could advise you easier ;).

RE: Need some Car ideas. by CookieRevised on 12-09-2004 at 06:13 PM

quote:
the peugot 206 is a young womans car
lol, define "young women" then....

Peugeot 206 reacing model (RC car model, but in real it looks the same)
[Image: nikko-peugot-206-rc-camera-car.gif]
btw, this RC car model has an inbuild camera :D

Peugeot 206 (cabrio)
[Image: DI004Clo.jpg]

Peugeot 206 (cabrio, some other model)
[Image: peugot-206-cc-2-0-490820.jpg]

Peugeot 206 (5 doors)
[Image: DHY04Clo.jpg]

Peugeot 206 (3 doors) <= maybe you meant this model
[Image: DHT04Clo.jpg]

My point, you can't define a car by its type only...

Also, Peugeots (French cars in general for that matter) are know to have a very robust chassy and body. They are build for long term use and don't go all rusty after a year. If you had an accident with a  Peugeot, chances are that your car isn't total loss and can be fixed and it will drive like before (unlike some other brands which go rusty relative quick and are ready for the scrapyard after even the smallest bumb).....

quote:
Originally posted by sock
IMO, those simple, clean designs are much more aesthetic than all those mumbo-jumbo "sportive" mods, and creative body shapes are much more attractive. OK, that's all.
I can't agree more with sock. All those "mumbo-jumbo" mods are major sillyness and waste of money, and most of the time they look awfull, only the "Johnny-level" of the car will sky rocket...
(dunno if "Johnny-level" is an international term though, lol, people from the Benelux will know what I mean)

eg: modded cars (or models like Traxor have shown) are nothing more then looking "good". Performances? pfff, like you will benefit of the performances on a normal public road. Go to the racetrack or roadshows if you want such cars.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 06:23 PM

Want some REALLY nice cars?

Ferrari 360 Spider:
[Image: ferrari_360_spider_1_1024x768.jpg]

Ferrari Enzo (now out of production :():
[Image: ferrari.enzo.1.jpg]

Koenigsegg CC, the mos powerful production car:
[Image: koenigsegg_cc.jpg]

And to top it all off :banana::
McLaren F1, the  fastest production car:
[Image: MClaren%20F1.jpg]
[Image: McLaren%20F1.jpg]

Oh, and here's a bonus for you off-road lovers:
Lamborghini LM002, only 301 made:
[Image: lamborghini-lm00201.jpg]

RE: Need some Car ideas. by user27089 on 12-09-2004 at 06:26 PM

quote:

You dnt know something I know!!!! They've stopped That from production... maybe a new ferrarri is in production .. hint?

I'm not really into the 'flash' super cars, I'm more of a street car guy myself, that have good handling, good acceleration and look nice... Mitsubishi ;)
RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 06:28 PM

quote:
quote:

You dnt know something I know!!!! They've stopped That from production... maybe a new ferrarri is in production .. hint?

I didn't say there weren't new ferrari's in production, I said that the Enzo was out of production, HINT 8-).
RE: Need some Car ideas. by user27089 on 12-09-2004 at 06:33 PM

quote:
I didn't say there weren't new ferrari's in production, I said that the Enzo was out of production, HINT 8-).

8-).. by the way, a new ferarri enzo model is on its way... in case you couldn't take that hint lol... I found out from my super duper stuff, (the nuts magazine) ;). Either way, def. not my type of car ;).

RE: Need some Car ideas. by saralk on 12-09-2004 at 06:46 PM

quote:
I'm not really into the 'flash' super cars, I'm more of a street car guy myself, that have good handling, good acceleration and look nice... Mitsubishi

wtf, ur younger than me, definatly not old enough to drive.

Anyways, when I can learn to drive (only a year and 1/2 to go!), i want to get just a nice car, that has loads of stuff inside (gps, dvd, surround soud, heated seats etc...). The people who have modded cars just look really stupid IMO, you almost never get to use all the mods, so ur just wasting your money.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 06:48 PM

quote:
quote:

8-).. by the way, a new ferarri enzo model is on its way... in case you couldn't take that hint lol... I found out from my super duper stuff, (the nuts magazine) ;). Either way, def. not my type of car ;).

No it's not :P The Enzo was a special car, 1000 made, 1000 sold, end of production. Any car RESEMBLING an Enzo is still not an Enzo.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by user27089 on 12-09-2004 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:
I'm not really into the 'flash' super cars, I'm more of a street car guy myself, that have good handling, good acceleration and look nice... Mitsubishi

Anyways, when I can learn to drive (only a year and 1/2 to go!), i want to get just a nice car, that has loads of stuff inside (gps, dvd, surround soud, heated seats etc...). The people who have modded cars just look really stupid IMO, you almost never get to use all the mods, so ur just wasting your money.

you're 15, and i'm 14, I'm 1 and a half years younger than you according to your information in that post.

When Will you ever afford a car like that at your age when you'll learn to drive, think realistically here, you'll be 17, your insurance will be really high anyway, it'll cost more than you car possibly multiplied by two when you get your first car. You won't be able to afford that unless your family have won the lottery or something.  Why do people with modded cars look really stupid, If you learn how to use them properly, which a lot of people will, then its logical to be honest... Putting a dvd player in your car is a waste of money, a gps is okay.. but a dvd player, its just silly, you won't be able to watch it, only your passengers will be able to benefit, why have something in your car that you will never use :-/.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by Jhrono on 12-09-2004 at 06:55 PM

[Image: img-1498-small.jpg]

http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.phtml?p=1498

Coool;)...put those things...dunno the name...like flames or smthng on the side of the car...(they allways put it on Pimp My Ride :P)

btw
i have a t-shirt my father bought me in france... it says...

"Ferrari ain't a car...it's a lifestyle"

:P..anyway does anyone know Bentley continental GT...It rules:)

RE: Need some Car ideas. by sock on 12-09-2004 at 07:16 PM

You seem to have an "American" taste, trax. :P Especially when saying that the 206 is a young woman's car. :dodgy: The 206 has the best handling in its category. It's a driver's car, which *happens* to look better than any other supermini. The 206 GTI is the best GTI of these days, and it is arguably more pleasuring than your faster and better-gripping EVO.

I agree that the Megane II's design is hard to digest, but that's exactly what makes it so special... It stands out.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Also, Peugeots (French cars in general for that matter) are know to have a very robust chassy and body. They are build for long term use and don't go all rusty after a year. If you had an accident with a  Peugeot, chances are that your car isn't total loss and can be fixed and it will drive like before (unlike some other brands which go rusty relative quick and are ready for the scrapyard after even the smallest bumb).....
Funny, the common belief in Israel (and America probably) is just the opposite... They seem to believe that Japanese and Korean ones are more robust and reliable. But the differences in quality between modern cars are quite small really, that shouldn't be a reason to choose one car or another...

quote:
Performances? pfff, like you will benefit of the performances on a normal public road. Go to the racetrack or roadshows if you want such cars.
I disagree about that... performance can be pleasuring, and used in responsible ways. BUT, many people care only about performance, just to show off. That's a wrong, childish use... Such people don't understand the joy of driving. :P

blade, of course exotic Italian cars look amazing, but my point was that those French cars are affordable, they're a rational alternative to that modding business. By the way, the Peugeot 407's design is based on old Ferrari design concepts.
RE: Need some Car ideas. by Pr0xY on 12-09-2004 at 07:18 PM

:drool: Shit.... too many beautiful cars.... I just cant resist....
:pound:

RE: Need some Car ideas. by saralk on 12-09-2004 at 07:26 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
quote:

you're 15, and i'm 14, I'm 1 and a half years younger than you according to your information in that post.

When Will you ever afford a car like that at your age when you'll learn to drive, think realistically here, you'll be 17, your insurance will be really high anyway, it'll cost more than you car possibly multiplied by two when you get your first car. You won't be able to afford that unless your family have won the lottery or something.  Why do people with modded cars look really stupid, If you learn how to use them properly, which a lot of people will, then its logical to be honest... Putting a dvd player in your car is a waste of money, a gps is okay.. but a dvd player, its just silly, you won't be able to watch it, only your passengers will be able to benefit, why have something in your car that you will never use :-/.

in car media systems can be added after you have bought the car, and arent that expensive, and dont affect the insurance costs (afaik).

RE: RE: Need some Car ideas. by CookieRevised on 12-09-2004 at 08:06 PM

quote:
But the differences in quality between modern cars are quite small really
true

quote:
quote:
Performances? pfff, like you will benefit of the performances on a normal public road. Go to the racetrack or roadshows if you want such cars.
I disagree about that... performance can be pleasuring, and used in responsible ways. BUT, many people care only about performance, just to show off. That's a wrong, childish use... Such people don't understand the joy of driving. :P
Also true. But what I meant with "performances" are the so called boost in performances with all the mods (rims, wings, lowered body, etc...), Not the differences in performances in normal "public road" cars...