Shoutbox

PSP Final images and spec.s! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PSP Final images and spec.s! (/showthread.php?tid=35330)

PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-07-2004 at 12:03 AM

I have lots of images so I'm going to link to most.:

Today I found a LOT of images of the final PSP unit (which comes out in Japan on Wednesday and in the USA and Canada in March):

[Image: psp_front.jpg]
PSP (Red Screen)

[Image: psp_overview.jpg]
In box

[Image: psp_box.jpg]
PSP's box

[Image: psp_box_inside.jpg]
PSP's box inside

PSP A/C Adaptor
PSP's Case
PSP battery
PSP Headphones
PSP Mem. card
PSP Mem. card slot
PSP back
PSP Bottom
PSP Top
PSP vs SP vs DS
PSP vs DS (top)
PSP (off)
PSP top (UMD slot open)

PSP PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

PSP CPU Core

PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1~333MHz)
32MB Main Memory
4MD Embedded DRAM

Media

UMD Drive (Playback only)
Region Code
Parental Control

Format

PSP Game
UMD Audio
UMD Video

Input/Output

IEEE 802.11b (Wi-Fi)
USB 2.0 (Target)
Memory Stick PRO Duo
IrDA
IR Remote (SIRCS)

5V DC OUT
Terminals for charging built-in battery
Headphone/Microphone/Control connector

Control:
     Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
     Analog pad
     Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
     Left, Right keys (shoulder buttons)
     START, SELECT, HOME
     POWER On/Hold/Off switch
     Brightness control, Sound Mode, Volume +/-
     Wireless LAN On/Off switch
     UMD Eject

Size Details

Dimensions: Approxately 170mm ( L ) x 74mm ( W ) x 23mm ( D )
Weight: Approximately 260g (including battery)

Other Specifications

Screen: 4.3 inch, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD
     480 x 272 pixel (16.77 million colors)
     Max. 200 cd/m2 (with brightness control)
Built-in stereo speakers
Built-in lithium-ion battery
AC adaptor
128 bit AES encryption
Individual ID for each PSP hardware unit

Accessories

Stand
Headphone with remote commander
Headphone with remote commander and microphone
External battery pack
Case
Strap
USB Camera for PSP (E3 Prototype only)
USB GPS for PSP (E3 Prototype only)
USB Keyboard for PSP (E3 Prototype only)

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by user13774 on 12-07-2004 at 11:42 AM

I have seen some screenshots of it in the game magazine I read. I looks nice, and will rock mobile gaming world :P. But the battery time is way to short... :dodgy:

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Pr0xY on 12-07-2004 at 04:27 PM

:drool: Its so beautiful...

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-07-2004 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I have seen some screenshots of it in the game magazine I read. I looks nice, and will rock mobile gaming world :P. But the battery time is way to short... :dodgy:

^o) The battery life is 10 hours, and the value pack (which I'm buying) includs lots of extra things, including an extra external battery.

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
:drool: Its so beautiful...

I agree :drool: :drool:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by user13774 on 12-07-2004 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
The battery life is 10 hours, and the value pack (which I'm buying) includs lots of extra things, including an extra external battery.

10 hours what? Listening to music I guess. Watching movies will be less then 10. But I will stop complaining. The PSP rox :tongue:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-07-2004 at 07:42 PM

quote:
10 hours what? Listening to music I guess. Watching movies will be less then 10. But I will stop complaining. The PSP rox :tongue:

No, 10 hours playing games, 12-13 listening to music. For some reason it's only like 3 hours for watching movies :-/
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Maniac on 12-07-2004 at 10:00 PM

quote:
quote:

No, 10 hours playing games, 12-13 listening to music. For some reason it's only like 3 hours for watching movies :-/

Maybe cause movies use up more battery :p

Anyways, look at the beauty.... the beauty that'll cost Sony a loooot of money :) I predict its gonna awefully flop. Don't bash me, it's my personal prediction.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-07-2004 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac

Anyways, look at the beauty.... the beauty that'll cost Sony a loooot of money :) I predict its gonna awefully flop. Don't bash me, it's my personal prediction.

Why? :-/

Everyone thought the Xbox would be a flop, and is it? No!
The only reason the Sega Gamegear flopped was bcz of it's huge size and mass, but the PSP is actually SMALLER than the DS, and everyone I know wants one + thinks the DS is gay.

IMO, the DS is for 13 and under, the PSP is for 14+
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by lizard.boy on 12-07-2004 at 11:00 PM

no blade it wont play halo :P
ds is kinda cool but i wouldnt get either. i prefer console gaming and pc gameing. (nfsu2 is takeing massive chunks of my time recently :D)

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-08-2004 at 01:25 AM

>>>No, 10 hours playing games,

Sony's latest official figure was four to six hours without WiFi anf full brightness, 2-4 hours with full brightness, volume and WiFi on.

Watching films on UMD will be 2.5 hours. MPEG-4 playback from the memory stick will likely be longer, but figures haven't been released/discovered yet.

giant_frying_pan

RE: RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Maniac on 12-09-2004 at 05:26 PM

quote:
quote:

Why? :-/

Everyone thought the Xbox would be a flop, and is it? No!
The only reason the Sega Gamegear flopped was bcz of it's huge size and mass, but the PSP is actually SMALLER than the DS, and everyone I know wants one + thinks the DS is gay.

IMO, the DS is for 13 and under, the PSP is for 14+

IMO the DS is for 10 and up and the PSP is trying to act like its for 20 and up (while both of them can obviously be for every one of us considering the machine itself cant do jackshit about age targets cause its the games that will affect that ;) )

I should have explained myself better though talking about flops. True the Xbox has done great compared to many predictions but i still consider it to be somewhat "floppy" because of all the money Microsoft lost on it. What i mean is the PSP will certainly sell a lot but i think Sony will have to make changes for it to catch on which will hurt it.

Seriously, the only company that has really profitting from the console business is nintendo and they are far from selling the most...
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Concord Dawn on 12-09-2004 at 06:25 PM

I love Nintendo for their console, and Xbox and PS2 for their games. I think that a PXCube would be the ultimate! It would rock my socks lol.

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by user27089 on 12-09-2004 at 06:47 PM

quote:
IMO the DS is for 10 and up and the PSP is trying to act like its for 20 and up (while both of them can obviously be for every one of us considering the machine itself cant do jackshit about age targets cause its the games that will affect that ;) )

I should have explained myself better though talking about flops. True the Xbox has done great compared to many predictions but i still consider it to be somewhat "floppy" because of all the money Microsoft lost on it. What i mean is the PSP will certainly sell a lot but i think Sony will have to make changes for it to catch on which will hurt it.

Seriously, the only company that has really profitting from the console business is nintendo and they are far from selling the most...

I agree about the ages, IMO, it has nothing to do with the console itself, its more to do with its contect etc ;). You wouldn't make a film 15 from a 12 because it had a more adult looking cover :-/. At the moment, thats the only way I can compare it ;).

To be honest, microsoft did make a 'flop' at the beginning of the xbox's console life, but as the time has gone, microsoft have made billions producing the xbox and the games for the xbox. I don't think that any hand held console will be popular in Britain much, yeah, they're interesting, but they've never really caught on over here in my opinion, the gameboy color was ok, then it died down, the place for handheld consoles is Japan and China. The shape of it is a little bit dodgy, to me, it looks like an oversized GameBoy Advance :-/.

I think by the whole profit thing you mean, handheld consoles from nintendo are only making profit, I have to agree with this one, GameBoy is and probably always will be the best hand held consoles around, the way the look, the ergonomics, the aesthetics, they're just all great, but the games are a bit dodgy, still the reigning champions for handheld consoles though.... The nintendo gamecube and the other nintendo consoles are a little bit dodgy, but thats my opinion, no-one has to follow my opinion, if they want to, then please yourselves ;).

The specs on the psp are a little bit dodgy, but for a handheld, they're okay, I myself, will not be buying one ever, I might play one, but definitely not buy one, they are a waste of time and money if you have a ps2, why not just buy a ps2, its completely illogical.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 06:50 PM

quote:

Because they put third-rate, low performance parts in their machines.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
I love Nintendo for their console, and Xbox and PS2 for their games. I think that a PXCube would be the ultimate! It would rock my socks lol.

I will kill myself if that day comes *-)
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-09-2004 at 07:08 PM

>>>To be honest, microsoft did make a 'flop' at the beginning of the xbox's console life, but as the time has gone, microsoft have made billions producing the xbox and the games for the xbox.

Microsoft still haven't turned a profit from Xbox. The Entertainment division (that incorporates the Xbox) has reported a loss each quarter since it launched. The next report though they will most likely turn some sort of profit for the first time, due to Halo 2.

Oh and go easy on the use of the word 'dodgy' :p

>>>Because they put third-rate, low performance parts in their machines.

Oh yes, the IBM PowerPC chip is really third rate with low performance. So third-rate and low performing, that Sony is partnering with IBM for its Cell chip for the PS3 and Microsoft are using a straight PowerPC chip for its next console [face_rollseyes]

>>>I will kill myself if that day comes

Yeah no Nintendo means a hell of a lot less fun and progress in the games industry. It wouldn't be nice to see.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by giant_frying_pan

Oh yes, the IBM PowerPC chip is really third rate with low performance. So third-rate and low performing, that Sony is partnering with IBM for its Cell chip for the PS3 and Microsoft are using a straight PowerPC chip for its next console [face_rollseyes]
giant_frying_pan

Firstly, the SPECIFIC chip they used for the Gamecube sucks, IBM doesn't.
Seccondly, Microsoft is using 2 G5 processors for the Xenon.

quote:

Yeah no Nintendo means a hell of a lot less fun and progress in the games industry. It wouldn't be nice to see.

giant_frying_pan

I meant that the new company would SUCK! :banana: :refuck:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-09-2004 at 07:51 PM

Yes, I was twisting your words :p

It's better for the industry to have all three companies making hardware and performing well. PS2/3 for mass-market gaming. Xbox /Xbox 2 for online gfaming and GameCube/Revolution for raw innovation.

The PSP is fantastic if only because it meant Nintendo prices the DS aggressively. I really wish SCE would take a page out of London Studio's book though and devoted a bit more resource to innovation rather than pure marketing. GIVE US MORE STUFF LIKE EYETOY, SONY.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Yes, I was twisting your words :p

It's better for the industry to have all three companies making hardware and performing well. PS2/3 for mass-market gaming. Xbox /Xbox 2 for online gfaming and GameCube/Revolution for raw innovation.

The PSP is fantastic if only because it meant Nintendo prices the DS aggressively. I really wish SCE would take a page out of London Studio's book though and devoted a bit more resource to innovation rather than pure marketing. GIVE US MORE STUFF LIKE EYETOY, SONY.

giant_frying_pan

DS will flop, if either do.

And WTF are you talking about? Gamecube is inovative? They just took lower-performing parts so they could make the shitcube small and light.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-09-2004 at 08:02 PM

>>>DS will flop, if either do.

It won't flop. It's already SOLD a million and shipped many, many more.

>>>And WTF are you talking about? Gamecube is inovative?

Without Nintendo, Sony wouldn't have made the PS. Without Nintendo, Sega, Atari and others, there'd be no industry in the first place.

>>>They just took lower-performing parts so they could make the shitcube small and light.

You seriously think the PowerPC is low-performing? It's the same architecture of Power Mac G5s, albeit at lower clock and cache.

Barring ICO and EyeToy, any innovation you see on PlayStation is third party.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 08:11 PM

quote:
>>>DS will flop, if either do.

It won't flop. It's already SOLD a million and shipped many, many more.

>>>And WTF are you talking about? Gamecube is inovative?

Without Nintendo, Sony wouldn't have made the PS. Without Nintendo, Sega, Atari and others, there'd be no industry in the first place.

>>>They just took lower-performing parts so they could make the shitcube small and light.

You seriously think the PowerPC is low-performing? It's the same architecture of Power Mac G5s, albeit at lower clock and cache.

Barring ICO and EyeToy, any innovation you see on PlayStation is third party.

giant_frying_pan

Like I said, the powerpc processor itself isn't bad, but the one they used for the Gamecuve is.

BTW, I never said Nintendo wasn't inovative (I have an N64 and a GBC) but I said their Crapcube isn't, and that their latest paper-weight, the DS, is going to perform FAR BELOW the Psp.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-09-2004 at 09:14 PM

>>>but I said their Crapcube isn't

More innovative than your insults!

>>>the DS, is going to perform FAR BELOW the Psp.

Well, that remains to be seen. What also remains to be seen is if the PSP can host games other than rehashes of old PS1 & PS2 games.

Pokémon, as stale as it might be on GBA, will itself ensure DS suceeds. You can bet on that.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 09:31 PM

quote:
>>>but I said their Crapcube isn't

More innovative than your insults!

>>>the DS, is going to perform FAR BELOW the Psp.

Well, that remains to be seen. What also remains to be seen is if the PSP can host games other than rehashes of old PS1 & PS2 games.

Pokémon, as stale as it might be on GBA, will itself ensure DS suceeds. You can bet on that.

giant_frying_pan

It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2, the DS has the specs of an N64 (I meant hardware wise, not market wise. I think they'll perform relativly the same bcz ppl like u are ultra loyal to Nintendo.)
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by user27089 on 12-09-2004 at 09:38 PM

quote:
It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2, the DS has the specs of an N64 (I meant hardware wise, not market wise. I think they'll perform relativly the same bcz ppl like u are ultra loyal to Nintendo.)

Agreed, I've never really understood why people that have nintendo consoles or watever are always loyal to that console and hate all others, a ps2 to somebody with a nintendo gamecube is like what kryptonite is to superman. I just find it really annoying.

EIther way, psp will pwn the DS anyday :refuck:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Ezra on 12-09-2004 at 10:06 PM

quote:

The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2

The movie's i've seen from games sure don't show that :S

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
quote:

The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2

The movie's i've seen from games sure don't show that :S

They spec.s are just below, and to conserver battery life they made the game less intensive in some areas. Have you seen the videos for NFSU: Rivals, GT4: Mobile and Metal Gear:Acid? They look so...so....:drool:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-09-2004 at 10:22 PM

>>>It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2,

The PSX had the spec of a PS2 as well as a lot more bells and whistles and it absolutly bombed in Japan!

Also: the PS2 didn't have a 5 hour battery life, as latest Ridge Racer PSP tests have shown.

>>>the DS has the specs of an N64 (I meant hardware wise, not market wise.

The Lynx. More powerful than the GameBoy. Had an inferior battery life and game library. Failed.

Game Gear. More powerful than the GameBoy. Had an inferior battery life and game library. Failed.

The Wonderswan. More powerful than the GameBoy Advance. Had some decent games. Nattery life not quite as long. Failed.

The N-Gage. Just....wrong.

The PSP. Less than half the battery life for gaming than the GBA SP or NDS. Shockingly poor launch line-up. It will do better than all the above, it will come closest to surpassing Nintendo in handheld market share. Neither of us know yet if it will succeed, but history favours Nintendo and you cite historical trends (It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2,) when Sony has no track record in the market at all.

>>>I think they'll perform relativly the same bcz ppl like u are ultra loyal to Nintendo.)

They'll both perform well, I don't doubt that.

>>>a ps2 to somebody with a nintendo gamecube is like what kryptonite is to superman. I just find it really annoying.

Well I really have no time for people who own one console and completely shun the fact that the PS2 and Xbox both have great exclusives, just like GameCube and most other successful consoles in the past. Gaming isn't cheap and there's nothing wrong to only be able to afford one, but it sometimes adds an emotional attachment that blinds those people from the other consoles positives and their own console's negatives.

>>>EIther way, psp will pwn the DS anyday

What about today? DS has sold more than PSP. Sure the PSP's barely out, but you did say "anyday" :p

[EDIT - Have you seen the videos for NFSU: Rivals, GT4: Mobile and Metal Gear:Acid? They look so...so....

What's the point in having dumbed-down versions of PS2 games? Wouldn't original games tailored to the handheld medium be better? Acid is an original direction for the series, but not really suited to the Metal Gear name. Konami would have been better off creating new IP for it or better yet, a proper MGS game exclusivly for PSP.

Or were they worried all that FMV would drop the battery down to sub three hour levels :p]

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Maniac on 12-09-2004 at 10:23 PM

woohoo i just found a best-forum-buddy lol! go giant_frying_pan

seriously blade, no offense but think about some stuffy your saying.... it is very unfounded and sometimes obviously wrong... you say the DS will flop will its selling like pancakes... comon...

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-09-2004 at 10:26 PM

quote:

>>>EIther way, psp will pwn the DS anyday

What about today? DS has sold more than PSP. Sure the PSP's barely out, but you did say "anyday" :p

giant_frying_pan

:lol:
It's not hard to out-sell something that doesn't come out until sunday (in only Japan) :lol:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-09-2004 at 10:32 PM

But traxor claims the PSP will own the DS any day. This is any day. Isn't it?

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Maniac on 12-09-2004 at 11:12 PM

Lol good point

No to be serious and unbiased, I think the PSP will start with a strong sales number, but quickly developers will start to become scarce and will simply not have as many good games as the DS.

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-09-2004 at 11:15 PM

Oh no, this thing will have strong support, it's the quality of games I'm concerned about. I don't have the same worries when it comes to DS, so much potential there.

But hey, if Namco release a Katamary Damacy game for PSP, I'm picking one up!!!

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by lizard.boy on 12-10-2004 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
a ps2 to somebody with a nintendo gamecube is like what kryptonite is to superman

heh i have a ps2 and a gamecube. i've played the gamecube like thrice and my sister seems to have deemed it hers :P
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Pr0xY on 12-10-2004 at 03:30 AM

I would do alot of things to get my hands on a PSP.  I wonder what games they will have for them, hopefully a GTA game... that would be sweet. 

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-10-2004 at 03:59 AM

http://psp.ign.com/ has a good list of games.

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-10-2004 at 06:05 AM

>>>hopefully a GTA game... that would be sweet.

It could happen, but don't get your hopes up. GTA uses a lot of disc streaming during play, something that would take the battery life down to 2-3 hours. It's not really feasible on the PSP.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by user27089 on 12-10-2004 at 08:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
a ps2 to somebody with a nintendo gamecube is like what kryptonite is to superman

heh i have a ps2 and a gamecube. i've played the gamecube like thrice and my sister seems to have deemed it hers :P

See, children like the gamecube, people who are generally older go for the ps2 or xbox.. Gamecube is too girly in my opinion, the purple colouring isn't really to my liking.

quote:
http://psp.ign.com/ has a good list of games.

I've just checked that out, there are hundreds of games coming out for it, its going to be awesome to be honest :p.

I can't see the point in buying a handheld n64 when you can buy a hand held ps2, its just logic that you buy the one thats more powerful and has better games, if you're going to buy a handheld n64, you may aswell just send yourself back in time 7 years and play on the n64 yourself..
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-10-2004 at 10:21 AM

>>>people who are generally older go for the ps2 or xbox..

That's just a misconception that Sony successfully created through marketing. PS2 and Xbox has just as much kiddie crap as GameCube. Crash Twinsanity? Yeah, whatever. There's a huge difference between 'kiddie' and appealing to all ages.

>>>Gamecube is too girly in my opinion, the purple colouring isn't really to my liking.

It does come in Black and Silver, in case you didn't notice.

>>>I've just checked that out, there are hundreds of games coming out for it, its going to be awesome to be honest .

Okay, here are the list of all the PSP games IGN have listed:

quote:
Gagharv Trilogy
Armored Core Formula Front
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Lumines
Ridge Racers
Hot Shots Golf
Doko Demo Issyo
Mahjong Fight Club
Dead Aggressor
Tenchi no Mon
YS VI - The Ark of Napishtim
Bleach
REN-GOKU: The Tower of Purgatory
Beatbox Studio
Need for Speed Underground: Rivals
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid
Dynasty Warriors
Mahjong Taikai
London Taxi
Advent Shadow
Battlefield PSP [working title]
Mojipittan
Ape Escape Academia
HILL Project
Vulcanus Online
Coded Arms
PuyoPop Fever
Gekido: The Dark Angel
Kollon
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Level-5: New RPG
Mobile Suit Gundam (UMD Video)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
MX Unleashed [untitled PSP edition]
Gran Turismo 4 Mobile
Batman Begins
Winning Eleven PSP
Tiger Woods PGA Tour
Na0mi
RNR: We Run Through The Beats
Higanjima
Intelligent License
Tokyo Xtreme Racing: Zone Of Control
Tales of Eternia
DoraSlots Super Hana Hana - 30
Yamasa Digi Portable
Mobile Train Simulation + Densha de Go! Tokyo Kyuukou Hen
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
PoPoLoCrois Monogatari: Pietro Ouji no Bouken
Derby Time
Generation of Chaos: Shin Tenmakai
Talkman
Ape Escape P
AI Series Mahjong
AI Series IGO
AI Series Shogi
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Tenchu
Sticky Balls
Viewtiful Joe Series
Crazy Racing Kart Rider
Free Running
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Formula One 04
Twisted Metal: World Tour
ATV Offroad Fury
NFL Street
NBA Street
Axel Impact International
Super Star Studio
Zero Hour
WRC
Metal Shell
BBG
NBA ShootOut 2005
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
This is Football 2005
WipEout Pure
MediEvil
Death Jr.
Spider-Man 2
Gretzky NHL 2005
Ready At Dawn game [untitled project]
Dino Dini's Soccer
Frogger
Team Ninja PSP project [working title]
Makkai Wars
Hard Corps
Fighting Spirits
Project PSP Racing

Either you can't count or you didn't bother counting, because I make it 91 titles and that's even including Mahjong games that will never be released in the US. I took the liberty of bolding the games I personally would be interested in - six games, three of which will be exclusive.

IGN's DS game list is sorely incomplete, so here is Gamespots:

quote:
Advance Wars DS
Animal Crossing DS

Another (working title)
Asphalt Urban GT
Atari Classics
Baten Kaitos DS (working title)
Boktai (working title)
Bomberman
Caduceus
Castlevania
Chokkan Hitofude
Choro Q DS
Cool 104 Joker & Setline
Dragon Booster
Dynasty Warriors (working title)
Egg Monster Heroes
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Frogger 2005
GoldenEye
Hokuto no Ken
Jam With The Band (working title)
Jinsei-Game DS
Kenshuui Tendo Dokuta
Madden NFL 2005
Mahjong Taikai
Mario Kart DS
Mega Man Battle Network
Meteos
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Monster Farm Jamboree
Moonlight Fables
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
Mystical Ninja
Nanostray
Naruto
Need for Speed Underground 2
One-Line Puzzle (working title)
Pac 'n Roll
Pac Pix
PictoChat
Ping Pals
Pokemon Dash
Puppy Times (working title)
Puyo Pop Fever
Rayman DS
Ridge Racer DS
Robots
Shin Megami Tensei DS
Snowboards Kids DS
Sonic DS (working title)
Spider-Man 2
Sprung
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario Bros. DS (working title)

Survival Kids
Tantei Kibukawa Ryosuke Jiken Dan: The Masquerade Lullaby
Tennis no Ouji-sama 2005: Crystal Drive
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Touch! Kirby: Mahou no Efude
Ultimate Brain Games
Ultimate Card Games
The Urbz: Sims in the City
Vandal Hearts (working title)
Viewtiful Joe
WarioWare Touched!

WINX (working title)
World Soccer Winning Eleven (working title)
Xenosaga DS (working title)
Yakuman DS
Yoshi's Touch & Go
Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour
Zoo Keeper

76 games, again, ones I want bolded. 19 I want, 15 of those exclusive.

When I compare those lists, I see mostly rehashed PS/PS2 games on the PSP and mostly new ideas on the DS. Yes you have a high-profile N64 update on the DS in the form of Super Mario 64 DS, but the vast majority of that DS line-up is original software. And anyway, Mario 64 is better than any PlayStation game, ever, so why wouldn't I want an update of it?

NDS actually has more developer support than the PSP currently, just fewer announced games. Read the Gamespot report of that here.

>>>its just logic that you buy the one thats more powerful and has better games

PS2 is certainly more powerful than the N64, but I dispute the 'better games' claim. I could run off a long list of what I think are AAA N64 titles, but what would be the point? This argument is over the PSP and whether it will sell more than the DS. I don't think it will. As a side-argument, I believe the DS will produce a lot more original concepts and entertaining software than the PSP which going by current information, is just another way to play old PlayStation games with every one having the additional time limit of a pathetic battery life (and it is pathetic).

giant_frying_pan
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Eljay on 12-10-2004 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Sticky Balls

:rofl:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-10-2004 at 11:24 AM

A really good PC game made by (now defunct) ZedTwo :)

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by TylerG on 12-12-2004 at 12:01 AM

giant_frying_pan you are my hero.  I must confess I am biased when it comes to game consoles.  I am very loyal to nintendo.  But that doesn't mean I don't love Halo and stuff.  But I think the DS is going to sell alot more because of all the features games can use now.  And PSP's battery is pathetic.  I think at first everyone will want a PSP just because of the PS2.  But in the end DS, I think, will win.  Oh yes, and the only reason gamecube was last in the Console wars was because of quantity not quality :P

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-12-2004 at 12:19 AM

The real winner is the humble consumer; us. We get BOTH the DS and the PSP at very reasonable prices, and DS software in particular is inexpensive too.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-12-2004 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TylerG
Oh yes, and the only reason gamecube was last in the Console wars was because of quantity not quality :P

^o) In what way? It had a shitty controller, the weakest CPU speed/ram size/video card size, poor games and more.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Eljay on 12-12-2004 at 08:04 AM

quote:
It had a shitty controller
the amount of times i was wondering "how do u do that?" on a game and forgot that the stupid Z button was there :dodgy:
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-12-2004 at 06:00 PM

>>>t had a shitty controller

Only the face buttons are better on a Dual Shock. The analogue sticks are shoddy, it has buttons instead of a d-pad, "ergonomics" is a dirty word to Sony R&D and Sony has no official wireless solution. The lack of triggers compounds the dual shock's antiquitated design.

>>>the weakest CPU speed

GameCube CPU clock: 485Mhz
PS2 CPU clock: 295~ Mhz

>>>ram size

GCN: 40Mb (24 main, 16 asyncronous {fast})
PS2:  32Mb (32 main, 0 asyncronous {fast})

>>>video card size

GCN: ATi Flipper chip @ 162Mhz, 3 Mb memory
PS2: 'Graphic synthesiser' @ 147Mhz, 4Mb memory

>>>poor games

Entirely subjective. PS2 has great games, but let's be honest, 95% of the stuff released on it is utter crap, a waste of time. GameCube might have a far smaller library, but a better ratio of quality. Both systems are worth owning.

You can disagree with my opinion, but I've presented a number of facts that contradict your statements.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-12-2004 at 06:29 PM

quote:
>>>t had a shitty controller

Only the face buttons are better on a Dual Shock. The analogue sticks are shoddy, it has buttons instead of a d-pad, "ergonomics" is a dirty word to Sony R&D and Sony has no official wireless solution. The lack of triggers compounds the dual shock's antiquitated design.

>>>the weakest CPU speed

GameCube CPU clock: 485Mhz
PS2 CPU clock: 295~ Mhz

>>>ram size

GCN: 40Mb (24 main, 16 asyncronous {fast})
PS2:  32Mb (32 main, 0 asyncronous {fast})

>>>video card size

GCN: ATi Flipper chip @ 162Mhz, 3 Mb memory
PS2: 'Graphic synthesiser' @ 147Mhz, 4Mb memory

>>>poor games

Entirely subjective. PS2 has great games, but let's be honest, 95% of the stuff released on it is utter crap, a waste of time. GameCube might have a far smaller library, but a better ratio of quality. Both systems are worth owning.

You can disagree with my opinion, but I've presented a number of facts that contradict your statements.

giant_frying_pan

I'm an Xbox man so go ahead and bash the PS2 :P I never said it was any better  ;) PS2 just has better games and a better controller than the GC.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-12-2004 at 08:21 PM

>>>I never said it was any better

Yes, you did. You said:

"the weakest CPU speed/ram size/video card size"

You didn't say "GameCube was more powerful than PS2, but less powerful than Xbox".

The dual shock is the worst pad of the three currently. It just happens to be the most widely used. The original PS pad was actually better than the dual shock. The sticks are so poor, they might not as well be there and the face buttons are now too soft due to the analogue function. There just isn'y the tactile respose that the first PlayStation pad had. The only reason it is superior to GCN's buttons is the arrangement and shape of them. The GCN buttons still feel better with greater response.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-12-2004 at 08:34 PM

quote:
>>>I never said it was any better

Yes, you did. You said:

"the weakest CPU speed/ram size/video card size"

You didn't say "GameCube was more powerful than PS2, but less powerful than Xbox".

The dual shock is the worst pad of the three currently. It just happens to be the most widely used. The original PS pad was actually better than the dual shock. The sticks are so poor, they might not as well be there and the face buttons are now too soft due to the analogue function. There just isn'y the tactile respose that the first PlayStation pad had. The only reason it is superior to GCN's buttons is the arrangement and shape of them. The GCN buttons still feel better with greater response.

giant_frying_pan

OMG :P Twisting my works, I said it was the weakest CPU etc. because it was the worste they could succesfully use at the time, I never said the PS2 was better, I am an Xbox man, I'm just saying the PSP will be better than the DS. That's my oppinion, you have yours, let's end it at that because this thread is dragging out.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-12-2004 at 08:56 PM

>>>let's end it at that because this thread is dragging out.

Read: I've backed myself into a corner, I want to bolt now.

PSP doesn't do anything new. Xbox at least does. If you use Xbox Live you'll know that, and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

PSP's software at the moment isn't just more of the same, it's inferior versions of the same thing you get on PS2. The DS isn't just an outlet for N64 ports. It drives innovation, just as Xbox does with XBL and GCN tried to do with connectivity.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Ezra on 12-12-2004 at 09:09 PM

I really don't understand the fuss about what console wins the "Game Wars". Just buy whatever console u like better...
It's not really about how good the graphics are, it's how good the gameplay is..

Nintendo has some great games, Sony has great games too...

Just buy whatever amuses you and stop arguing what console is "better"...

You can't argue with taste...

P.S: Pardon My English :-P

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by Jimcando on 12-12-2004 at 09:22 PM

you're english is ok Ezra....i agree ive got a gamecube, it hasnt got good graphics but some great games. PSP looks brill though

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-12-2004 at 11:02 PM

>>>it's how good the gameplay is..

Precisely, and I don't think the PSP will encourage new, exciting gameplay. I've got no problem with the PS2; ICO, Katamari Damacy, Gradius V, R-Type Final, Rez are all excellent games, and reason to own the system. But the PSP is too much like a portable version of it.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-13-2004 at 01:22 AM

quote:
>>>let's end it at that because this thread is dragging out.

Read: I've backed myself into a corner, I want to bolt now.
giant_frying_pan

No :P Dude, there are 6 pages of back and forth argument about which one's better, you have your oppinion, I have mine - I'm being the bigger man :P

PS:
If you look through, nobody has agreed with you yet that teh GameCube is better than the Xbox, or even PS2.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-13-2004 at 02:25 AM

>>>I'm being the bigger man

Bigger men don't declare themselves the bigger man.

>>>If you look through, nobody has agreed with you yet that teh GameCube is better than the Xbox, or even PS2.

Well, apart from TylerG, yeah. Not exactly a bustling board though, is this?

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by .blade// on 12-13-2004 at 02:41 AM

quote:

>>>If you look through, nobody has agreed with you yet that teh GameCube is better than the Xbox, or even PS2.

giant_frying_pan

Whatever dude, I don't care anymore :P
(Btw, this is a very busy bored)

After this reply I will not reply anymore :P

END OF THREAD
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by dotNorma on 12-13-2004 at 04:02 AM

quote:

giant_frying_pan

I agree with you too :p

But actually this is a very busy board around the afternoon in Canada / USA but else it gets pretty slow around this time.
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by giant_frying_pan on 12-13-2004 at 04:34 AM

Well, I meant compared to behemoths like Gaming Age, Magic Box, IGN etc.

giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s! by paperless on 12-28-2004 at 12:14 AM

Blade the PSP is gonna beout in March 25th in Europe too not only US and Canada.

Well.. i think compraing PSP with Nintendo DS is just.. stupid cmon just look at one and to the aother!! they are uncomparable the psp blows away the nintendo for kms!

I have found a LOT of info about the psphere are the sites ive bookmarked

PSP DEFECTS:

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4010

PSP SUPER CRITIC:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000510024287/

PSP PRICES:

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/6451235256834335/

PSP LOTS OF IMAGES:

http://www.lik-sang.com/psp.html

PSP EUROPE RELEASE DATE:

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000547022221/

PSP IN ACTION: