Shoutbox

What is this new Spaces service? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: What is this new Spaces service? (/showthread.php?tid=35332)

What is this new Spaces service? by zaidgs on 12-07-2004 at 12:41 AM

i heard that a new spaces service is provided through msn7, what exactly is it supposed to be for ??

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by leito on 12-07-2004 at 12:48 AM

It's not only provided by MSN 7. just go to http://spaces.msn.com,

Spaces is MSN's blogging service. (Web Log Service) just as others like Blogget, etc.

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by thc2010 on 12-07-2004 at 12:52 AM

Msn Spaces is used for Blogs (a notepad Journal thats public using the internetas I came to understand it).

Basicly you Put your thoughts and fealings or sume news you think is interesting. You can put photos and sh!t in it as well. Preaty awsome for a person who smokes too much weed and doesnt remeber what he did yesterday.

Heres my Spaces

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by CookieRevised on 12-07-2004 at 02:25 AM

You will get 10MB of space for pictures, etc...
The "spaces" are pretty limited (don't compare it to a real blog), but with some imagination you can still do a lot of stuff. See it as an extension to your MSN profile...

But take note of the EULA: Everything you post there will become the property of Microsoft and they will have the right to alter, use, delete everything they want.

More on this on mess.be in the newsmessage from December 3rd...

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by L. Coyote on 12-07-2004 at 03:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
But take note of the EULA: Everything you post there will become the property of Microsoft and they will have the right to alter, use, delete everything they want.

:| Somehow, it doesn't surprise me.

I'll stick to Blogger, then, at least I can host my blog elsewhere. Tho, the MSNM7 thing in the card sounds good.
RE: What is this new Spaces service? by Xero_Cool on 12-07-2004 at 03:34 AM

Small blogging service. Mostly for people that don't know HTML and such.

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by gnownoskcid on 12-07-2004 at 03:36 AM

the only reason i'm using MSN space is because of the contact card in messenger 7.0, which is totally awesome (Y)

RE: RE: What is this new Spaces service? by Derwan on 12-07-2004 at 05:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UglyBoy
at least I can host my blog elsewhere.

MSN spaces has an RSS feed so you can put it on your own website.  This is what I will be doing once I have a few more entries.
RE: What is this new Spaces service? by Stephan1234 on 12-07-2004 at 03:38 PM

its a good weblog,it was first only in japanese but it have now many languages.

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by zaidgs on 12-07-2004 at 10:13 PM

i now dig the concept, i didnt know what blog was, but now i get it :D

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by thc2010 on 12-07-2004 at 10:27 PM

Well MSNBlog was the one that got me into bloging shit, but let me get this tright... If i write a poem or a peace that is actualy ood in my blog... Microsoft can use that and sell it to halmark and get payed for it?!?!

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by gnownoskcid on 12-08-2004 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thc2010
Well MSNBlog was the one that got me into bloging shit, but let me get this tright... If i write a poem or a peace that is actualy ood in my blog... Microsoft can use that and sell it to halmark and get payed for it?!?!
i doubt ms would do that, the reason (i think) that they say anything becomes their properties when put up in MSN space is so that you can't sue them when they delete *your* stuffs (ie inappropriate things) from the space
RE: What is this new Spaces service? by zaidgs on 12-08-2004 at 01:10 PM

but still they can "lawfully" sell it....
should you have that much of faith in microsoft ?!?!

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by prabvoodoo3dfx on 12-10-2004 at 12:38 AM

i wouldn't put it as trust them... if i were to visit your blog i can just rip your poem off and sell it off to couldn't I... it's possible... but i think m$n has other problems to take care and other ways of making money off their services rather then lookin for poems in blogs to sell and make some quich cash of it... i mean hiering people just to read those thousands of blog to rip of poems...wouldn't be sensible rite... unless bill gates run outs of poem to send to someone and rips it off..

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by zaidgs on 12-10-2004 at 05:40 PM

blog doesnt have to be public, it can be private ?!
so in that case ?!
microsoft can if they want reserve the right not to publish something, and hence remove it from your blog.
but modifying it, and taking ownership .... thats doggy ....
isnt that right ?!?!

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by rav0 on 12-10-2004 at 10:33 PM

Extremely weird. Why would they even want to just reserve the right to remove things from your blog. We can all still use Blogger.

RE: What is this new Spaces service? by CookieRevised on 12-11-2004 at 04:48 AM

because sometimes people post illegal things in blogs. In that way MS has every right to remove it without warning....