Shoutbox

MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build [fake] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build [fake] (/showthread.php?tid=35356)

MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build [fake] by x25 on 12-07-2004 at 02:50 PM

I have inside access to the above.

It's in the pre-alpha stage and therefore it's pretty unstable.
Internal Build number 8.0.009

UPDATE: NEW SCREEN

Screenshot:

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Millenium_edition on 12-07-2004 at 02:54 PM

oh really? try to give us a bit more proof than a classic screenshot :) ?

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user13774 on 12-07-2004 at 03:07 PM

[Image: MISC20.jpg]

It looks real, but extremely ugly. :dodgy:

If I was in charge of the development of that ugly piece of software I would throw it away right now...

Edit:
Is microsoft on advertisment-spree or something. I see a video ad in the main window and, again, text ad under the convo window and AGAIN... butugly tabs :dodgy: (8o|)

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by x25 on 12-07-2004 at 03:13 PM

I assure you its genuine, although I have no way to prove it. I will not be leaking any code for obvious reasons.

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by leito on 12-07-2004 at 03:16 PM

just take a screenshot of different things, as the about dialog box

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user13774 on 12-07-2004 at 03:20 PM

Open Notepad and type something like "For all the dudes (and girls) @ the Msgplus forum" or something and put it open next to it ;)

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Millenium_edition on 12-07-2004 at 05:20 PM

ummm no try to change your nick to something else than "john" :D

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by andrey on 12-07-2004 at 06:12 PM

umm....
well i'm always very skeptic about such things.
I think it is fake.
First, would Microsoft really start releasing first internal builds for MSN Messenger 8, when 7 isn't even released yet ?

2nd Point: When you put one pic over the the other one, it seems like there are just some (fake?) windows added.
The other windows stay in exact the same place, even the blurred areas are the same, but when this should be two different screenshots taken at two different times, shouldn't the blur, the time, the ad on the messenger contactlist, the position of the windows, the blur on the contactlist and the conversation window, and the Idle time near this one online contact have changed ? See pic for proof or open Paint Shop/Photoshop yourself and compare.
Where is the menu bar in the contact list ? When it's hidden like in Messenger 7, where is the option to show it again? Where is the maximize and Minimize button ? They wouldn't change or hide them.
Why is the apparently "Online" contact "(Online)" and "(Away)" at the same time ?
Why can you maximize and minimize the about window ? Makes no sense, does it ? And why has the about window sharp edges and isn't smoothed like the others ?

What are the blurry spots between the x and the arrow at the top ? Why does the symbol bar under the display picture looks so similar to the prototype's on mess.be and why are there blurry spots where the "New:" and ">>" were ? Could be because of the compression.

These Pictures are actually very closely based on the "Prototype" of MSN Messenger 8, which was in mess.be's news lately.

And also if you compare the Display Picture of the prototype at mess.be and the blurred version here, they are the same.

Still need more proof that this is fake ?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=344717]
click here to enlarge

Let's not start rumors about MSN Messenger 8, wait for MSN Messenger 7 first and be happy with it.

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user27089 on 12-07-2004 at 06:18 PM

I swear that I've seen these pictures on Neowin, actually I'm Positive they've just been grafted on to your desktop, how else can you explain the smudges at the corner of each window?

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Pr0xY on 12-07-2004 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
I think it is fake.
No, it is real.
quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
First, would Microsoft really start releasing first internal builds for MSN Messenger 8, when 7 isn't even released yet ?
Read up on the latest news on mess.be.. you'll find that it proves he's right. 

quote:
[Image: 34343.jpg]
hmm... very convincing...

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
how else can you explain the smudges at the corner of each window?
What smudges? Where?

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by andrey on 12-07-2004 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
No, it is real.
well then explain the other points I made.
quote:
Read up on the latest news on mess.be.. you'll find that it proves he's right. 
Read. Doesn't proove anything. The screenshot on mess.be was "created by a Microsoft-employed interaction designer" which doesn't proove it's true.
quote:
What smudges? Where?
Look at the edges of the conversation window. They are blurred as the notepad windows edges can be seen clearly.
quote:
hmm... very convincing...
No. :-/

Edit: Also the display pictures in the two other windows on the left look very strange just as if they were inserted later. The edges are blurred and cut off. Also the left display picture is much bigger than the others.
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user27089 on 12-07-2004 at 09:01 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=344776]

qould you like me to pretend to have msn 8?? its easy.. its called

PHOTOSHOP

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by L. Coyote on 12-07-2004 at 09:06 PM

*SNOOOORE*

Next!

Like it would be so easy to get an ALPHA version of something like this. 8-) Get a life, man.

Very fake, and very taken from Mess.be (or any other place, but the point is that it's taken from someone else).

Edit: traxor, not those edges (from the NotePad), the "MSN Messenger 8" edges

This is only to start rumors. Let's just drop it.

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Plik on 12-07-2004 at 09:13 PM

Cant have been taken from mess.be that had a fat water mark across it :P
But it could be taken from the neowin one

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by WDZ on 12-07-2004 at 09:19 PM

quote:
bad grafting.jpg
Uhh... what are you circling there? The JPEG compression might be responsible for any minor problems.

I also think it's fake though. :p We had fake Messenger 6 and 7 screenshots posted before. |-)
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Dane on 12-07-2004 at 10:17 PM

And we're also aware Microsoft is still working entirely on MSN Messenger 7 Beta, why would they start on 8 before 7 was complete?

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by _Humphreys on 12-07-2004 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
And we're also aware Microsoft is still working entirely on MSN Messenger 7 Beta, why would they start on 8 before 7 was complete?

Exactly why would Microsoft start making MSN 8 before they had finished MSN 7...... they wouldn't.
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by .blade// on 12-07-2004 at 10:26 PM

Oh god, MSN Messenger 7.0 is still in BETA and we're already talking about MSN 8.0. I'm 100% sure there will be a 7.1 before an 8.0 ALPHA even :dodgy:

You know what, I think I have a pic. of MSN Messenger 11.0.001 somewhere on my HDD too yet 8-)

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Pr0xY on 12-08-2004 at 03:38 AM

First off, I'd just like to agree with everyone that Msn Messenger 8.0 is WAY off and that we should not be _that_ worried about it. 

Now I'm not saying its real, or fake at this point, BUT keep in mind that the rumar about the version 8 came along with their new wave 11 (I think thats it).  It would be something they would release the same time as the next generation of the MSN Experience, since it is supposivily part of it. 

quote:
Originally posted by dwergs on mess.be
based on a prototype exploring the next generation of the MSN experience, due in late 2005.
anyways...

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
quote:
Originally posted by x25
It's in the pre-alpha stage
Msn Messenger is almost in the final beta stage.  That means they prob started the pre-alpha stage of it back around when they released 6.0-6.2.  And the fact that msn messenger 8 would be released as part of the wave 11, I would see no reason why they would not start it now, Microsoft is a multibillion dollar corporation, I think they can afford to have two teams working on two different versions of the msn messenger client. 

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Chop on 12-08-2004 at 04:52 AM

messenger 7 is on its way and you think their using msn messenger 8 :dodgy:

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Patchou on 12-08-2004 at 05:29 AM

you guys just want to kill me..... :'(

Note: of course this is fake and here is the tehnical reason: this kind of concept is created in graphical form only, there is probably not a single piece of code behind what you'Ve seen on mess.be or Neowin and that's why they are called concepts. In the event where this would be a software at Microsoft, you can be sure that it's not a functionnal one and that most things are just painted on screen, to give an idea of what the final product would look like.

Programmign this kind of interface takes a lot of time, you can't justdo itfor fun :p

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by gnownoskcid on 12-08-2004 at 05:34 AM

maybe patchou should get an alpha of MSN8 and start preparing to make msgPlus 4.00 which will be compatible with MSN8 :p j/k

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Egomednog on 12-08-2004 at 06:35 AM

Lol, I see crappy photoshopping. Nice try, dude.

I'll make msn 9 when I'm bored :P

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user27089 on 12-08-2004 at 08:06 AM

Its quite funny actually, to the person that said about the corners, I'm talking about in general, also, if you zoom in to the notepad, you can see smudges all along the left hand side of the window, this is definitely a fake, as said before, why would they make msn 8 alpha before 7 is even out :-/. Its just pointless, running before you can walk if thats the right way to put it.

I'll make a thing tonight with msn 8 on my screen if you want, its simple enough, just take me 30 minutes thats all :).

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by gnownoskcid on 12-08-2004 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Its quite funny actually, to the person that said about the corners, I'm talking about in general, also, if you zoom in to the notepad, you can see smudges all along the left hand side of the window, this is definitely a fake, as said before, why would they make msn 8 alpha before 7 is even out :-/. Its just pointless, running before you can walk if thats the right way to put it.

I'll make a thing tonight with msn 8 on my screen if you want, its simple enough, just take me 30 minutes thats all :).

quote:
Msn Messenger is almost in the final beta stage.  That means they prob started the pre-alpha stage of it back around when they released 6.0-6.2.  And the fact that msn messenger 8 would be released as part of the wave 11, I would see no reason why they would not start it now, Microsoft is a multibillion dollar corporation, I think they can afford to have two teams working on two different versions of the msn messenger client.
and i absolutely agree with Pr0xY, if they don't start on 8 now, when 7 is done, there will be a period of time where they have nothing to do while planning 8, they might as well start planning now
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Millenium_edition on 12-08-2004 at 10:48 AM

you guys miss the point :dodgy:

it's probably fake because of the photoshop stuff. but not because msn 7 isn't out yet.

remember the mozilla suite? yes, they started working on version 1.8 (i think) when 1.7 was just beta.

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by kri on 12-08-2004 at 12:31 PM

Well, simply posting a screenshot as a .jpg-file is enough to lose all credibility in my book. Come on! Everybody knows to use .png for this.

This site explains this quite well: http://www.r1ch.net/img-formats/

quote:
I will not be leaking any code for obvious reasons.
Hahaha - yeah, you have no idea what it looks like :P
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Pr0xY on 12-08-2004 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gnownoskcid
and i absolutely agree with Pr0xY, if they don't start on 8 now, when 7 is done, there will be a period of time where they have nothing to do while planning 8, they might as well start planning now
Dont agree with me:P, I was wrong... what we saw was nothing more then a photoshop picture. 

My bad guys:D...
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user27089 on 12-08-2004 at 06:24 PM

I rule :) (btw, its supposed to be a crappy fake [my name is luke] fyi!)

click for real size :)
[Image: i%20r%20l33t.jpg]

Well, that was easy to be honest lol.

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Pr0xY on 12-08-2004 at 07:18 PM

quote:
I rule :) (btw, its supposed to be a crappy fake [my name is luke] fyi!)

click for real size :)
[Image: i%20r%20l33t.jpg]

Well, that was easy to be honest lol.
Nice...very nice... I wish I had photoshop and could do that.  ohwell.... I didn't think it would be that easy. 
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user27089 on 12-08-2004 at 07:24 PM

quote:
Nice...very nice... I wish I had photoshop and could do that.  ohwell.... I didn't think it would be that easy.

Mate, stuff is always easier than you think when its got to do with graphics some of the time... I contradicted myself.

Either way, thanks :)
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 08:29 PM

My friend (who's dad works for a promotional company tied to Microsoft, Nintendo, and more) sent me this earlier today, which is supposed to be an early concept images, not a built program) of MSN Messenger 7.0: Media Center Edition which will be include with later MC release, aswell as from Windows Update for MCE owners (sorry to say it prob. won't work with Windows XP :( ):

[Image: attachment.php?pid=345153]

According to him they want to include hiding tabs, customizeable media player (switch it on and off) song/movie to nickname capabilities,  customizeable colours (hence the gray I guess), and several other things I can't remember right now, and EST is April 2005 (it's just going to be a modified MSN Messenger 7.0 build IF the make it).

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by The One on 12-08-2004 at 09:00 PM

Very interesting stuff there blade :D

Now, who wants to port the MSN 7 MCE to Win XP? :P

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Stigmata on 12-08-2004 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
My friend (who's dad works for a promotional company tied to Microsoft, Nintendo, and more) sent me this earlier today, which is supposed to be an early concept images, not a built program) of MSN Messenger 7.0: Media Center Edition which will be include with later MC release, aswell as from Windows Update for MCE owners (sorry to say it prob. won't work with Windows XP :( ):

[Image: attachment.php?pid=345153]

According to him they want to include hiding tabs, customizeable media player (switch it on and off) song/movie to nickname capabilities,  customizeable colours (hence the gray I guess), and several other things I can't remember right now, and EST is April 2005 (it's just going to be a modified MSN Messenger 7.0 build IF the make it).

your very correct. this media center edition was hopefully planed for windows media center 2005 :( but as you know, thats already been released :(
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
your very correct. this media center edition was hopefully planed for windows media center 2005 :( but as you know, thats already been released :(

Either way, I'll try to milk him for more images. He's supposed to be getting some actual build screenshots (basically the images will be changed and the buttons for features that don't exist yet will be added). He has more images than this one but would only give me this one :(
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Stigmata on 12-08-2004 at 09:33 PM

blade. please do not release 'too' reveiling images just yet......

otherwise, you mates dad could get fined (geh contract) or worse, loose his job :(

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by .blade// on 12-08-2004 at 09:51 PM

quote:

otherwise, you mates dad could get fined (geh contract) or worse, loose his job :(

I know :P
Why do you think I edited the image? Right smack dab where the contact list was there was a huge "COPYRIGHT MICROSOFT, DISTRBUTED TO __________________ FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES..." and things like that :P
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by user27089 on 12-08-2004 at 11:28 PM

That looks really good,

quote:

Well, yes, most people know this on the forum to be honest dude ;).

The whole Concept thing is quite cool, but its annoying because a lot of the time they won't come out this way, to any n00bs out there, don't get your hopes up for msn 8 as it may be mid-2006 before that comes out, possibly even later.. Don't worry, messenger plus! and msn 7 will have lots of fun features for your messenger experience ;).
RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by DJDK on 12-09-2004 at 12:03 AM

i know it will be late 2006 at least, i think they will hold out for longhorn now

lol, its just what i think. im not excactally going to research it.

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by 4ke. on 12-09-2004 at 11:02 PM

the msn 8 ss are fake coz the shark tale ads never change :S and some other stuff too

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by DJDK on 12-09-2004 at 11:40 PM

im not saying those screen shots are true. all im saying that i dont expect to see msn 8 until longhorn is released.

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by andrey on 12-11-2004 at 05:56 PM

To end this, the screenshots definitely are fake.

I got an email from x25 (the person who posted the screenshots) and i'm quoting:

"Hey,
So you caught me. I guess If I had more time I would have got away with it, but i was tight for time so it was a quick photoshop job. Anyways, nice analysing."

Well, thanks. Nice try ;)

And, 4ke, I already said this in my first post in this thread ;)

RE: MSN Messenger 8 Pre-Aplha Build by Anubis on 12-11-2004 at 06:00 PM

I hate people who do this, although I can see the enjoyment, who just signs up to play pranks like this...