Shoutbox

Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your msn message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your msn message (/showthread.php?tid=35410)

Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your msn message by saintgtril on 12-09-2004 at 05:29 AM

Hi everyone
I have a question here. Is there any way of knowing whether a contact has read your message? Know that when it unread, the msn task will flash, when it read, it will not.
Any pointers will be appreciated  :D

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Underlord on 12-09-2004 at 06:24 AM

It is impossible to know if the message has been read, unless the person replies. :)

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by kangie on 12-09-2004 at 03:58 PM

because tbh, they could easily trick anything, by having a window in front of the msgwindow, but not in the way of it, therefore it would continue flashing, and they could read it :P
and anyways, you wouldnt know when theyd read it if they jut had it open, and it was the active window :P

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by saintgtril on 12-18-2004 at 04:39 AM

Okay :( kind of disappointed to know that. Thought someone can come up with that.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by saintgtril on 02-22-2005 at 02:41 PM

I was wondering can we work on a plug in to check if your chatting window is blinking? In a way, this can tell if your contact has read your reply :)

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Concord Dawn on 02-22-2005 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saintgtril
I was wondering can we work on a plug in to check if your chatting window is blinking? In a way, this can tell if your contact has read your reply :)

That wouldn't work because:

quote:
Originally posted by kangie
because tbh, they could easily trick anything, by having a window in front of the msgwindow, but not in the way of it, therefore it would continue flashing, and they could read it :P
and anyways, you wouldnt know when theyd read it if they jut had it open, and it was the active window :P

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by xb14 on 02-23-2005 at 02:22 AM

i know a way, but you have to set the window open notifier activated..

send a message to the victim and immediately close the conversation window.. if the victim open the window to read the msg, the window open notifier will tell you, than you could imagine that he/she read it..

but, i think this feature is no longer available on messenger 7.

RE: RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by SikStyles on 02-23-2005 at 02:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xb14

send a message to the victim and immediately close the conversation window.. if the victim open the window to read the msg, the window open notifier will tell you, than you could imagine that he/she read it..

that cud get very annoying and pointless tho ..
RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Plik on 02-23-2005 at 10:34 AM

quote:

Messenger will only open the session again when the contact starts typing the message, so you will only get the window opened notifyer if they type.
RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Pyroteq on 02-23-2005 at 11:11 AM

Put a hidden camera next to thier computer.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by haydos on 02-23-2005 at 11:15 AM

:lol:
* haydos runs off to buy cameras
[Image: bolt.gif]

RE: RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by xb14 on 02-24-2005 at 03:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
quote:

Messenger will only open the session again when the contact starts typing the message, so you will only get the window opened notifyer if they type.

i don't think so... try to do it with a friend.
RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Concord Dawn on 02-24-2005 at 03:53 AM

FYI, Stuffplug NG 2 has the window opened notifier.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Purity on 02-24-2005 at 06:22 AM

That would be pretty interesting to have, to detect if contact reads message.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Shezi on 02-24-2005 at 06:09 PM

make a phone call to ur contact..:P
well it will be the nice feature if included in msn or by any plugin..:)

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by saintgtril on 03-26-2005 at 03:15 AM

i know you can trick on this, but can anyone work on this? in another words, can i request for this as a plugin? :)

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Chestah on 03-26-2005 at 03:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield

No it doesn't, it only notifies you when your window is shut as in msn messenger 7 this feature isn't reliable anymore due to certain reasons :) --> read more at stuffplug.com
RE: RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by saintgtril on 03-26-2005 at 03:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield

No it doesn't, it only notifies you when your window is shut as in msn messenger 7 this feature isn't reliable anymore due to certain reasons :) --> read more at stuffplug.com

personally i dont think this has anything to do with the window opened notifier. Seems that we have strayed from the subject title :)
RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Chestah on 03-26-2005 at 03:57 AM

yeah its kinda offtopic, but it was a way mentioned to do this and i was stating that its not possible to do this using SPNG2 anyways :P

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by albert on 03-26-2005 at 04:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
that cud get very annoying and pointless tho ..

Agree at a 100 %

--------------------------

What I thought when reading the thread's name is if there was a way of knowing when your contact has read your e-mail message.. any one knows if that is possible??
RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Jessica on 03-30-2005 at 08:11 PM

There's a program called SentThere. It tells you what date and time the person has read your email.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by CookieRevised on 03-30-2005 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jessica
There's a program called SentThere. It tells you what date and time the person has read your email.
This isn't about knowing when someone has read your email, but about knowing if a contact has read your text that you've typed in a conversation in MSN Messenger, which is impossible to know....

[OFF TOPIC]and about the email reading: That can _not_ be done with a program either. Unless that program includes a picture from the net or something so when reciever opens the mail the picture gets loaded and the site is informed about it and send something back to you... But this method is extremely unreliable. And besides, if you have a decent email client you already can send a mail with a acknowledge request included, it is part of the mail protocol, you don't need a external program for that.[/OFF TOPIC]
RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Jessica on 04-03-2005 at 07:58 AM

Well someone asked in the forum about if you can see if someone read their email. I have been using SentThere for years. I use it only for my hotmail email and it tells me the date and time they read it.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by King For A Day on 04-03-2005 at 09:54 AM

you could tap intoo their brain so that it linked with msn and told you if they had read it..... couldnt you?

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by saintgtril on 12-11-2005 at 05:23 AM

Wonder can anyone sheds some lights, pertaining to the mentioned? Or any plug in in the works on this?

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by lordy on 12-11-2005 at 05:29 AM

i think its been said a NUMBER of times that it CANNOT be done

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by ShawnZ on 12-11-2005 at 05:47 AM

I'm working on a plugin that hacks into your contacts computer monitor to find the exact position of the contact's eyes so it can determine if they have read the entire content of your message.

It should be out in a couple days.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by lordy on 12-11-2005 at 06:03 AM

... thats just the help file on the PM system on those forums, we have the same thing here :P

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by matty on 12-11-2005 at 07:27 AM

As CookieRevised has stated, this is impossible to accomplish by standalone software and would be very unreliable as a plugin and both computers would need to have it installed.

Now on to the suggestion of using the open window notifier. If you close your window right after sending a message then it terminates the connection. Once the recipient receives the message another connection is created thus the window being opened. Now the contact can close the window right away without reading it. Thus defeating the purpose.

I vote we just stop talking about this because its useless and will be very unreliable at best.

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your message by Sunshine on 12-11-2005 at 12:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

What I thought when reading the thread's name is if there was a way of knowing when your contact has read your e-mail message.. any one knows if that is possible??
Is there any tool to check if your e-mail message was read?

That is ofcourse if your e-mail client does not have the "request read confirmation" or if you do not wish to use this. But ofcourse all things like this are unreliable, even the feature built into e-mailclients...if you think about it "what do you get notified of?" nothing more than that the receiving party opened the mail, he/she could close/delete it right after opening without reading.
RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your msn message by Millenium_edition on 12-11-2005 at 01:38 PM

in short, and to avoid other lame jokes in a (yes, indeed) help thread:
There is no way to know for sure whether a contact has read your e-mail(offtopic btw)/message over an MSN conversation. NO. NIHIL. NON

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your msn message by qgroessl on 12-11-2005 at 04:47 PM

Wouldn't it be an invasion of privacy anyways?.... If a contact reads your message but doesn't want to reply they might not want you to know... or if they're on away and they don't feel like talking to you or something...

RE: Is there any way of knowing whether your contact has read your msn message by user27089 on 12-11-2005 at 04:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Wouldn't it be an invasion of privacy anyways?.... If a contact reads your message but doesn't want to reply they might not want you to know... or if they're on away and they don't feel like talking to you or something...

Well, it wouldn't exactly be invasion of privacy at all, you can get a receipt when people have read your emails etc. it's the same thing, apart from the fact that knowing whether they have read the message is basically impossible, just like M_E already said.