Shoutbox

[suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder (/showthread.php?tid=35454)

[suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder by cleverbronto on 12-10-2004 at 07:48 PM

Firstly...WELL DONE. (Y)Messplus is a great add-on. Now that I have found it, I dont know  what I'd do without it. If it werent for you I dont know if i'd be using msn messenger much at all...messplus makes messenger a program worth using.
I do have one idea for a Messenger plus improvement for your next update or whatever:
When in the Personalised Status - Auto-responder / Message Filter - Contacts Selection menu it wont allow you to hit OK without selecting any  contacts. Instead it gives the message: " You must accept at least one contact to whom your message will be sent.(if you don't, this option serves no purpose really :). "
I have a purpose for it and I'm sure it would be useful to anyone who uses messenger often enough to care.
I have an auto-responder for one of my statuses, and normally I want the message to be there. When I get alot of messages while in that status I get tired of reading it with every one I recieve. I dont really need to have my contacts reminded over and over of the specifcs details of my status, either. Now I dont want to remove the auto-respond message because I will want it there again later. But, unfortunately I cant be in that status and disable the message temporarily. So it would be handy if I could have the filter on but have no one selected to recieve the message.

RE: [suggestion] Filter out ALL the contacts from recieving auto-responder by John on 12-10-2004 at 08:13 PM

Just make the exact same Personalised Status twice, one with an auto-message and one without. :) So you can then choose if you want it to display the auto-message or not.