Shoutbox

MSN 7 Beta Winks - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN 7 Beta Winks (/showthread.php?tid=35455)

MSN 7 Beta Winks by D_Bow on 12-10-2004 at 08:19 PM

How do you add winks already on your computer to msn 7 beta?

i already got them on threedegrees but i duno how to get them on msn. can any1 help?
:^)

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Abz2k4 on 12-11-2004 at 12:41 AM

i don't think it's possible, i also wanted to use my winks from threedegrees in MSN. But if you have Macromedia Flash you can make your own winks by downloading the wink creator.

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by leito on 12-11-2004 at 02:03 AM

Abz2k4, what wink creator?

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by J.J on 12-11-2004 at 02:07 AM

where do you download the wink creator???

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by gnownoskcid on 12-11-2004 at 02:42 AM

at this point, it is impossible to send custom winks. Even if you add new winks to your msn messenger 7, your contacts would not be able to view them, so there's no point in making new winks right now. Just wait for the messenger team to add back the custom winks feature back into upcomming versions of msn7. Patience is the key.

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Abz2k4 on 12-11-2004 at 10:38 AM

well as gnownoskcid just said, it would be impossible to send custom winks to your contacts, but if you all still want to try it out you can get it from here

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by muneez04 on 01-05-2005 at 04:24 AM

How can I get MSN Messenger 7 BETA Winks? *-)

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by punisher on 04-19-2005 at 06:31 AM

Hi guys, I have used Wink creator and you are correct you cant send them to friends....BUT
I clicked onto an Adidas banner for a wink and it works perfectly!
any explanations would be appetiated:D

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by ~INVASION~ on 04-19-2005 at 06:48 AM

ya it didnt work, hadnt changed anything after i patched it :undecided:

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by .Roy on 04-19-2005 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by muneez04
How can I get MSN Messenger 7 BETA Winks? *-)

First of all you should upgrade to the Final version.
http://messenger.msn.com/download/downloadx.aspx

But if not you can download them from Blue Mountain. But most of those Winks cost money. But they have some free ones.
RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by punisher on 04-19-2005 at 07:17 AM

I am using the final build of MSN but it still doesnt let me send the winks...I can see them and they work fine on my machine.

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by .Roy on 04-19-2005 at 07:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by punisher
I am using the final build of MSN but it still doesnt let me send the winks...I can see them and they work fine on my machine.

You CANT send custom winks. Read the previous posts.
But you can send default winks if the other person has Messenger 7.xxx
RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by punisher on 04-19-2005 at 07:39 AM

Great Scott Captn...there has to be a way!!

How the hell did adidas do it then?

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Art Crazy on 04-19-2005 at 01:25 PM

Well, M$ added a digital signature protection so only winks with that digital sig. could be installed onto messenger as if not, it would be dangerous.
It seems that addidas got a digital signature allowed by M$

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by x2zen on 04-19-2005 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Art Crazy
Well, M$ added a digital signature protection so only winks with that digital sig. could be installed onto messenger as if not, it would be dangerous.
It seems that addidas got a digital signature allowed by M$
Almost true....

Winks (and DDP's) are validated by a stamp, which is a Digital Signature. A few attributes are being checked in the stamp, and it also checks an important other thing: the hash of the public key from the Root Authority. MSN Messenger has a few of these hashes coded in the client. Therefore its impossible to create custom content.
RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Savior on 04-19-2005 at 08:24 PM

I sent you a link to where you can find free 200+ winks and moods good luck

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by M73A on 04-19-2005 at 08:31 PM

are the winks from threedegrees .mco files?

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by rix on 04-19-2005 at 08:33 PM

Which adidas Wink are you talking of? :P

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Savior on 04-19-2005 at 08:34 PM

No the winks I have are from blue mountain I think

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by TheEgyption on 04-21-2005 at 04:55 AM

Sorrg Guys But i am Kind Of Lost here can any one help me and tell me how to get more winks

any way a friend of mine just send me winks that i don't have and she tells me that she adds them but u here saying that you can't send a wink that your pal don't have ^o) ????

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Grue on 04-21-2005 at 05:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheEgyption
Sorrg Guys But i am Kind Of Lost here can any one help me and tell me how to get more winks

any way a friend of mine just send me winks that i don't have and she tells me that she adds them but u here saying that you can't send a wink that your pal don't have ^o) ????

You can send winks that your contact doesn't have. You just can't create your own winks and send them because you need a digital signature. You can buy more winks from ( in msn messenger 7) Actions-->Get more from messenger-->winks.  There are a few winks for free from blue mountain such as these:
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3068337
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...69&prodnum=3065241
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3065258

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Becksboy on 04-22-2005 at 02:26 PM

Hey everyone! Don't you know that different language of MSN 7.0.0777 full version will have serveral different Winks?

When you just installed MSN, before you logged on to the Internet, your MSN doesn't have any "files" of winks in your computer! But when you log on and connect to the Internet, the Winks will will downloaded! The path is similar to this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Laurent\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\XXXXXXXXXX\Winks3

The tfrXXX.dat represents each default Wink of that language's version. If you delete all file in Winks3, when you log on to MSN next time, it will redownload all same things again but in different file name.

I tried to used all file that I saved when I installed English version, to replace the files after I have install German version. It doesn't work, in instant windows, it will have no winks to use.

BUT if you have install German version before, saved all files in Winks3, after you deleted all files, and relogged in MSN, generally, it will redownload all files in different names, but when you delete all these files, and replace by the files you have saved before(from german version), the Winks in MSN will work again!

So the conclusion is, no matter, if it's the same language version of MSN 7.0.0777, you can replace the files in Winks3, and all default Winks will work well!

And I found that, if we can "hack" the map.dat in Winks3, we can rearrange the Winks then! Since it will check the file size in Winks3 by the data from map.dat!

So anyone knows how to open the map.dat?

Laurent=o)

RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by Moi on 04-22-2005 at 09:39 PM

http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3068337
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...69&prodnum=3065241
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3065258

Those 3 links are free but only in english..... I looked for it in french and I have to pay 1$ each ..... :|

anyway, I just wanted to say that those .dat can be open with winrar, however it is impossible to modify them since winrar doesn't recognize those files as real .zip or .rar

RE: RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by StoleN.GuitaR on 04-23-2005 at 07:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Becksboy
Hey everyone! Don't you know that different language of MSN 7.0.0777 full version will have serveral different Winks?

When you just installed MSN, before you logged on to the Internet, your MSN doesn't have any "files" of winks in your computer! But when you log on and connect to the Internet, the Winks will will downloaded! The path is similar to this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Laurent\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\XXXXXXXXXX\Winks3

The tfrXXX.dat represents each default Wink of that language's version. If you delete all file in Winks3, when you log on to MSN next time, it will redownload all same things again but in different file name.

I tried to used all file that I saved when I installed English version, to replace the files after I have install German version. It doesn't work, in instant windows, it will have no winks to use.

BUT if you have install German version before, saved all files in Winks3, after you deleted all files, and relogged in MSN, generally, it will redownload all files in different names, but when you delete all these files, and replace by the files you have saved before(from german version), the Winks in MSN will work again!

So the conclusion is, no matter, if it's the same language version of MSN 7.0.0777, you can replace the files in Winks3, and all default Winks will work well!

And I found that, if we can "hack" the map.dat in Winks3, we can rearrange the Winks then! Since it will check the file size in Winks3 by the data from map.dat!

So anyone knows how to open the map.dat?

Laurent=o)

use ResHack... u can use that to create your own MSN backgrounds.. like behind the contact list.

you might be able to use it to ad your own winks..
RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks by RonHart on 10-07-2005 at 04:05 AM

Wow thisis an old post.  Cnet has a Winks creator installer listed and also one to transfer winks and Smilies.  The Creator installer would not work at 1st.  After I clost Messenger Plus and the IM Commander I was able to install.  Not sure which created the problem.  After installing the winks I reactavated the the other programs and the winks still work fine.