Shoutbox

Pc broken = 1 week - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Pc broken = 1 week (/showthread.php?tid=35482)

Pc broken = 1 week by Jhrono on 12-11-2004 at 11:04 AM

Like 1 week ago i installed NFSU2 and i had to install a newer version of direct x...after the instalation it asked me to reboot the pc..i did it..then i entered my Xp user...and so much for normality...explorer kept giving errors etc...it sometimes did happen but you'd reset the pc and it'd be fine..ok i pressed reset...and all of the sudden a black screen comes out sayin' [translation]:

[Windows directory]

You can try to recover the file with the original windows xp professional cd etc...

Ok i sent it to the shop...another creepy stuff...1 week..'cause they could install windows all over again...but so much for the drivers or other software..it'd crash over 'n over...he fixed it somehow...the guy said it was a nasty virus...and not to install the SP2...does the SP2 got anything to do with this?...has any of u guys got this?

RE: Pc broken = 1 week by azn angel on 12-11-2004 at 11:28 AM

this should be in tech talk but anyways. it should be sp2, microsoft would have checked sp2 for bugs. depends on where you got direct x from and whether your nfsu2 is a legal copy because i havent experienced any bugs with sp2

RE: Pc broken = 1 week by Jhrono on 12-11-2004 at 11:30 AM

hmm...nfsu2 is legal..it was a friends...oh 'n i forgot...my windows version was 2002..does that matter?

P.S. - Direct X came with nsfu2

RE: Pc broken = 1 week by user35870 on 12-11-2004 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
i havent experienced any bugs with sp2
I haven't it hasn't caused a problem for me xp home :)

RE: Pc broken = 1 week by Jhrono on 12-11-2004 at 11:34 AM

noooo....Windows Xp professional 2002 edition!

RE: Pc broken = 1 week by Underlord on 12-11-2004 at 11:34 AM

On my brothers computer windows restarted halfway through bootup after installing SP2. I believe this was because it was a dodgy copy.