Shoutbox

Msn Messenger 7 Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Msn Messenger 7 Beta (/showthread.php?tid=35490)

Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-11-2004 at 02:04 PM

What do you think about msn 7?

Now there's a public legal beta have it for those who don't know...go to Msn Messenger Site and there should be a litle banner on the left side saying...try the new messenger beta...

Imo, i was hoping for new design, like from msn 5 to 6...

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by John Anderton on 12-11-2004 at 04:00 PM

Itz Ok But Nothin Too Cool Except " The Wink ". I Haven't Tested It Fully But I Thin Its A 7.5/10 Atleast. Frankly Speaking I Expected More Than This. Plus What Version Of Msn Messenger Plus! Do You Need. Or Is A New Version Of Msn Messenger Plus! Being Developed For MSN Messenger 7 Beta ??? Or Is It That There Will Be A New Version Of Plus Only For The Full Version Which Will Come Out Later ??

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Tochjo on 12-11-2004 at 04:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
What Version Of Msn Messenger Plus! Do You Need.
Messenger Plus! 3.40 beta will work on MSN Messenger 7.0 beta, see MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.112 BETA :)
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by TylerG on 12-11-2004 at 05:13 PM

Well I love it because, 6.2 and 6.0 and stuff never worked on my computer and I always felt left out.  But now Messenger 7 Beta works and I love it :P

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Pr0xY on 12-11-2004 at 06:00 PM

I'd like it if it ever let me sign in and if it would stay signed in. 

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Wabz on 12-12-2004 at 04:04 PM

Its got some nice features, but Microsoft are trying to hard with this version.  The layout looks tacky and it uses a lot of resources and CPU time on my sloooow computer. I'd like to see them bring out a basic version of 7 with the new features but a basic layout like 6.0

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by MessEnGer on 12-12-2004 at 04:28 PM

I love it

i really think its the best version of msn messenger till now as far as the features go

and i think almost all of you will agree to that

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Stephen on 12-12-2004 at 06:28 PM

I love it, but im waiting till it comes out fully in 2005!! :D

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Hank on 12-13-2004 at 06:56 AM

its got some good points about it but is toally useless for Myself. im not a kiddie that likes to play with stupid dumb ass Winks . Microsoft need to as Wavz said need to make  a Basic Edition of MSN7 like 6. M$ really need to sit down an think what there putting in Msn Messenger or people will just go back to 6.X releases or even windows Messenger, less Bloat 

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-13-2004 at 01:51 PM

like i think...maybe another version of msn messenger...like msn messenger 7 A & 7 B...A = normal version eficience version....B= cool version fuctionality version...like.. the games...mst of ppl dont play games so for them its useless , or if the have a short resource computer ou internet connection(whatever) those guys would choose A...or a guy that likes to send winks 'cause i thinks it's fancy or he has a resourcefull computer he could have B version...

RE: RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by GiantSpider on 12-13-2004 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Its got some nice features, but Microsoft are trying to hard with this version.  The layout looks tacky and it uses a lot of resources and CPU time on my sloooow computer. I'd like to see them bring out a basic version of 7 with the new features but a basic layout like 6.0

Funny. That's what I said to them.
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Millenium_edition on 12-13-2004 at 03:28 PM

It's... bloated. The interface is more eye-candy than actually being useful. (Even if it is amed at the eye candy, i still hate it)
The features are exactly the same as MSN 6, if you don't count the useless features and the sign in on any status. The memory is even higher than in 6, which lags at some times on my pc :-/

From all the MSN versions to date, give me 4.7.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by GiantSpider on 12-14-2004 at 04:01 PM

Then use Windows Messenger.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Moo on 12-14-2004 at 04:06 PM

i absolutley love 7.0... but ill wait untill its not a beta before i install it

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-14-2004 at 04:20 PM

couldn't  they do something diferent??...:S...it's sick..allways the same design:S...btw...it's so dum..they where at 6.2 version..and then...all the way ti 7!7 looks like a mod for 6.2:S wht about calling 7 beta 6.3 beta?:P...DO ANYTHING NEW M$

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by GiantSpider on 12-14-2004 at 04:27 PM

Well 6.1 was how much different from 6.2 (or even 6)? 7 is different in it's design as it has lots of things that 'bloat' it.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-14-2004 at 04:33 PM

6.1 isnt THAT DIFFERENT from 6.2:S...(at least in design...:S)[i'm talikn' about design:S)...7 has some inovations but its all the same thing:S...couldn't they invent a whole new design?:S

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by GiantSpider on 12-14-2004 at 04:39 PM

Any particular reason or just because your bored?

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-14-2004 at 04:41 PM

? Lol...nope..but it gets monotone(is that the word?)..they should try light blue with orange..and stuff..new windows mode..gif display images...

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by kangie on 12-14-2004 at 05:16 PM

i wont be getting it again.... the whole point of a BETA is that official people test it, so it doesnt mess up for normal users... dont go moaning when you cant sign in, cos ITS A BETA

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by FrozernFire on 12-15-2004 at 04:54 AM

but the basic design is already in the beta, and i have to say :dodgy: nudge and winks :dodgy:. there's only one good thing that i can think of, signing in with any status.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by GiantSpider on 12-15-2004 at 07:54 PM

Don't like 'em? Disable & cease to use 'em.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jimcando on 12-16-2004 at 09:12 PM

I think MSN Messenger 7 is better looking and as soon as i get rid of all the tabs and the advertisments (none of the patches seem to work for meat the moment) it will look brilliant. The winks and nudges are a bit over the top, but at least you can disable them.

p.s. This is my 100th post (yey) [Image: mininana.gif]:banana:[Image: banana_flip.gif][Image: rebanana.gif]
I know it's not much, but its still a milestone :D

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by metal_messiah on 12-19-2004 at 02:18 AM

Ok I must say I am disgusted with MSN 7.0 I have tested on may machines and various setups.

I found that on Windows XP Machines that MSN 7 winks would cause the messenger window to freeze then log off the user. Even at times give program error and shut down. Then when a user would login again the same thing would happen when winks were sent

Windows 9.x ME an 2000 I found that the computers were glitchy when it came to running as well. The chat would lagg, when webcam support was on the MSN 7 would crash, when smilies were sent they would not show up, when winks were sent crashing is what would happen.

Another feature I think that is really dumb is the whole theme thing, Microsoft not only decided to include their tags on the left side to make money but now they are selling theme packages for a freakin chat consoule. If someone has the time to pay for this they should not be using a computer.

On the MSN 7 Release I would love to be able to see some new things which hasnt happened yet...
The option to be able to send and receive online/offline messages. Why is it that ICQ, Yahoo! and many other clients allow users to send offline messages and chat in invisible/offline mode but MSN never seems to grasp the concept that it would be a very handy feature, sure they may have to edit some settings of how messages are sent and received on the protocols, but it would make life easier. They should have plugins avaliable for people who enjoy sports, horroscopes, and stuff like that. For example I am a hockey fan and I cheer the Toronto Maple Leafs, a plugin displaying the game they are playing that night with a updates score would be interesting. Just an idea

Another feature I would like to see is a remake of the display photos. Every have a really nice photo you want to display but when you place it to be displayed its off centered and all, not displaying correctly? well I think when you select and browse a photo and when you see an example befor eyou apply settings you should be able to move the photo in its box with your mouse to line it up correctly for viewing of other users.

Well thats my 2 cents, what would you think of these comments?

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-19-2004 at 02:20 AM

u may have all the reason but kangie spoke :D :

quote:
Originally posted by kangie
i wont be getting it again.... the whole point of a BETA is that official people test it, so it doesnt mess up for normal users... dont go moaning hen you cant sign in, cos ITS A BETA

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by metal_messiah on 12-19-2004 at 02:24 AM

OK I agree, but what if the Beta wasnt avaliable to us, sure the pros have the way of testing and getting feedback, but there are so many computer setups and by them offering it to us we are able to test and make sure this is what we want, think about it. they dont offer it to us and they release it, we are stuck with a product thats final and thats it, at least having the beta and being able to have our say could make microsoft think about changing options before the official release is sent out ;)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-19-2004 at 02:27 AM

i think microsoft is being too much conservadorist(is this the word?) in several aspects (in evthng not only in msn msngr) like design habits :S

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by metal_messiah on 12-19-2004 at 02:33 AM

i would imagine the reason for the design is to keep it simple for new users. having a simple interface a little attractive makes new users comfortable with using it and makes it easy to navigate, having something to busy and complex looking will distract new users from using their product

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-19-2004 at 02:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by metal_messiah

i would imagine the reason for the design is to keep it simple for new users. having a simple interface a little attractive makes enw users comfortable with using it and makes it easy to navigate, havnig something to busy and complex looknig will distract new users from using their product

no:S..i would ike msn 7 beta better if it looked good!see my 2nd post in this thread...
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by metal_messiah on 12-19-2004 at 02:39 AM

i see where you are coming from but i would have do disagree with the idea solely because it would cause problems not only for users but for Microsoft, having different versions of one release would be hateful and a nightmare to microsoft developers. If anything they should have an option during setup so you can select one of 2 options like simple version or advanced, or fun version and simple version, something where the user can read which installation they will want and depending on what installation will depend what parts of the code are included during install. I guess making the installation customizable would be what I am getting at.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-19-2004 at 02:45 AM

hmm could be...but why all in one package?...like setuppackacgeA.exe setuppackageB.exe...:)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by FrozernFire on 12-19-2004 at 04:04 AM

problem is that everyone will be complaining that they can't fully understand what is in each version until they have tried all of them, wasting a lot of time. might be better if ms would give us more options in controlling how our msn looks and works, but it's not likely to happen

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by kangie on 12-19-2004 at 07:03 PM

thats a good idea frozenfire... im sticking with msn6.2, cos i like the look, but i wouldnt mind having the features that are in msn7

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-19-2004 at 07:07 PM

Ok if i knew anything about programming :lol:...i'd gather a bunch of programmers and do a new messenger..(not msn messenger...a messenger that would be .net passport  compatible[freeware]...)

RE: RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by metal_messiah on 12-20-2004 at 05:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
Ok if i knew anything about programming :lol:...i'd gather a bunch of programmers and do a new messenger..(not msn messenger...a messenger that would be .net passport  compatible[freeware]...)

Seems there is already a software out there which does this, its called Trillan i beleive, I was never a fan of it, but it allows a user to login through ICQ, MSN, Yahoo!, and mIRC i beleive all through one client. I see where you are coming from, maybe MsgPlus may have something in the future which would be a MsgPlus Messenger, designed the way we want it, similar to MSN and have Plus built in and downloadable upgrades through the client. Who know what the future holds!
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Jhrono on 12-20-2004 at 09:44 AM

/swoow :P
* Jhrono thinks it's a great idea but i think patch wouldn't get out of msn messenger so fast...

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by Mike on 12-20-2004 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
There is Gilly Messenger for this
RE: RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by x2zen on 12-20-2004 at 01:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
There is Gilly Messenger for this

And the open source (Delphi) Regnessem
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by EeEk! on 12-20-2004 at 06:22 PM

I like it :D:D:D:D Well.... Dunno why but i cant use the games and the activities. Also installing mess.be games :(. Well...It rocks anyway :P...Can't wait to the final release :D...

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Beta by icYchill on 12-26-2004 at 07:14 AM

haha my fren uses trillian too =)