Shoutbox

Signing into msn - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Signing into msn (/showthread.php?tid=35495)

Signing into msn by xpirdwingz on 12-11-2004 at 02:53 PM

Hi there, could I have some help please? I must have accidentally hit the sign me in automatically checkbox. How do I undo that? I've went into options and unchecked the sign in automatically box but in the msn window, it still has my detail memorised.. Can anyone help me please? :)

RE: Signing into msn by Sunshine on 12-11-2004 at 03:06 PM

Go to start > run> type in: control userpasswords2 <enter> go to advanced tab..passwordmanagement and delete your passport there ;)

RE: Signing into msn by xpirdwingz on 12-11-2004 at 03:09 PM

:wave: Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure I want to delete my passport. I just don't want my details memorised, I'd rather type in the password myself.. Know what I mean?

RE: Signing into msn by Tochjo on 12-11-2004 at 03:10 PM

Sunshine's method will do exactly what you want. It won't delete anything but the details saved on your computer; the account itself will remain unchanged :)

RE: Signing into msn by xpirdwingz on 12-11-2004 at 03:15 PM

do i have to restart my comp for it to work? or.. i went to 'manage passwords' then deleted my part in the stored names and passwords..

RE: Signing into msn by John Anderton on 12-11-2004 at 03:15 PM

Ya Or You Could Just Open InterNet Explorer And Click Tools> InterNet Options > Security > AutoComplete >Clear Passwords
In That Case It Will Remove All Passwords Saved By You IN Your Login.
John Anderton™

RE: Signing into msn by Tochjo on 12-11-2004 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xpirdwingz
do i have to restart my comp for it to work?
I don't think so, but if it doesn't work directly, try that :)

John Anderton, you are talking about something different. Doing that won't help with this problem ;)
RE: Signing into msn by xpirdwingz on 12-11-2004 at 03:23 PM

do i delete just my part or the passport.net too? (silly q i know)

RE: Signing into msn by Sunshine on 12-11-2004 at 03:27 PM

Once you clicked on passwordmanagement you will see a list of passports stored on your computer..all you have to do is select and delete yours.

RE: Signing into msn by xpirdwingz on 12-11-2004 at 03:29 PM

Oh right..I've deleted mine, but not the passport.net part, and when i log in, it still does it without me having to type in my password.. :/

Btw Sunshine, I love that sunshine and snowman :D

RE: Signing into msn by Sunshine on 12-11-2004 at 03:37 PM

Rebooting your comp will do the trick ;) If not delete your passport again as i described before and reboot before you sign in to MSN (some registry keys may not have been deleted, a reboot solves that).

And thank you :D

RE: Signing into msn by xpirdwingz on 12-11-2004 at 03:42 PM

Okie, I'll give it a try. If I deleted the whole passport what would that do?
You're welcome :)

RE: Signing into msn by Sunshine on 12-11-2004 at 03:49 PM

If you completely delete the passport (wich can only be done online asfar as i know) you won't be able to sign in anymore.

If you mean delete all passports in passwordmanagement: all that will happen is everybody will have to type in their password on sign in again (if you are not sure: don't delete ;) ).

Edit: you're welcome :D

RE: Signing into msn by xpirdwingz on 12-11-2004 at 03:57 PM

Oh yeah!! I got it now. Yeah, I wanted to delete the whole passport, so that I'd have to type in the password manually. I got it now, thanks for your help :bow: