Shoutbox

Help with plugins. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help with plugins. (/showthread.php?tid=35524)

Help with plugins. by heat1emm on 12-12-2004 at 04:16 AM

Hi,

I just downloaded Messenger Plus! tonight, and am having problems getting started.

I would like to download some Plugins, but once I get to the site, I am lost.

Could anyone help me?

I would like many of the plugins on the list. If you need to know which ones I am trying to download, I will post them.

I was going to go under the chat, but for some reason, it would not work for me.

Anyway, help would be appreciated!

RE: Help with plugins. by gnownoskcid on 12-12-2004 at 04:28 AM

click on a plugin from the list, click the "download" button. Close your MSN/window messenger. Open the file you downloaded. Run messenger again.

RE: Help with plugins. by heat1emm on 12-12-2004 at 04:36 AM

Do you need to unzip then files with WinZip?

RE: Help with plugins. by marissa on 12-12-2004 at 04:38 AM

Yeah, you do. But if you have windows xp there is an "extract all files" button you can choose, if you're running xp its on the left panel.

edit: i dont know if its like that on other windows versions...could be *-)

RE: Help with plugins. by kangie on 12-12-2004 at 05:56 PM

dont forget to put them in the Plugins forder in your Messenger plus folder, usually found in C:\Program files :)

RE: Help with plugins. by Sunshine on 12-12-2004 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kangie
dont forget to put them in the Plugins forder in your Messenger plus folder, usually found in C:\Program files :)
That is only necessary if the plugin exists of only a .dll file (these plugins you install by putting the .dll file in plugins folder - C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins - and restart MSN messenger). If there's an installer you can save it into any folder you like, running the .exe (after extracting the compressed file, do not run the .exe from within the archive) will put all necessary files into the plugin folder (also important: exit MSN messenger before you install plugins). If there's a readme with the plugin read that first, it usually informs you about how to install/use that specific plugin ;)
RE: Help with plugins. by RaceProUK on 12-12-2004 at 06:14 PM

Only XP has built-in ZIP file support. Also, the panel on the left is only there if you haven't hidden it. If you have, just right-click the ZIP file, and select 'Extract files...' from there.