Shoutbox

Gearbox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gearbox (/showthread.php?tid=35553)

Gearbox by .blade// on 12-12-2004 at 08:36 PM

Well, myself and a friend are planning to open a small Computetr Building company next year and are now looking for a logo. My concept is below, please give me any suggestions you may have :)

(Yes, I know that I need a business license if you were wondering :P);

[Image: attachment.php?pid=346481]

Edit: Logo updated (F5 to refresh)

RE: Gearbox by Ash_ on 12-13-2004 at 01:27 AM

that looks pretty nice (im not a big fan of the white background tho :P) but you know it's defiantely called "gearbox computers" or something?

RE: Gearbox by .blade// on 12-13-2004 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
that looks pretty nice (im not a big fan of the white background tho :P) but you know it's defiantely called "gearbox computers" or something?

Ya, earlier I had a mock-up that said:
GEARBOX
COMPUTERS
(binary for computers here)

but it looked bad so I just put "GEARBOX" instead :P

I don't want to make it too complex.
RE: Gearbox by Ash_ on 12-13-2004 at 01:42 AM

o ok. well anyway the picture looks pretty ace.

your only 16 eh? and already your thinking of opeing a business. your really making something of yourself (Y) way to go :P

RE: Gearbox by .blade// on 12-13-2004 at 01:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
o ok. well anyway the picture looks pretty ace.

your only 16 eh? and already your thinking of opeing a business. your really making something of yourself (Y) way to go :P

:P Not a very big business (at least not now :P) I'm going to start by advertising and doing the constuction out of myself and my friend's house.
RE: Gearbox by Jhrono on 12-16-2004 at 11:27 PM

within 7 years...

Gearbox Processor 15 ghz 60 mb System bus

:p Lol good luck blade;)

RE: Gearbox by .blade// on 12-17-2004 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
within 7 years...

:P My first step was taken today - I ordered most of the parts for my Demo PC :banana:
RE: Gearbox by Pr0xY on 12-17-2004 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
within 7 years...

:P My first step was taken today - I ordered most of the parts for my Demo PC :banana:
And if it goes good then what happens?  Will you be putting together the computers?

RE: Gearbox by .blade// on 12-17-2004 at 07:30 PM

Yes, myself and a friend will build computers for people based around their needs.

RE: Gearbox by Jhrono on 12-17-2004 at 07:50 PM

then they'll discover a wierd stuff in a wierd chip:P and start a big company=)

RE: Gearbox by .blade// on 12-17-2004 at 08:02 PM

Yes, that'sEXACTLY how it always works - a company starts out small and put together pieces for _____, then later end up a huge, billion dollar company actually making _____...

The lilelyhood of Gearbox turning into anything but a small computer building business is unlikely.

RE: Gearbox by Jhrono on 12-17-2004 at 08:13 PM

LOL...u'll get there...you're only 16(im 13 :P)...i've faith in ya!:Dthen to my grandchildren i'll say :...know your processor trademark?Gearbox...oh in the good old times...msgplus.net...you know in that thing...what's the name?...INTERNET that's it...i knew the guy(blade was his name!;)) who started with the project for what's today gearbox computing industries...
LOL=)

RE: Gearbox by Ezra on 12-17-2004 at 09:16 PM

quote:
LOL...u'll get there...you're only 16(im 13 :P)...i've faith in ya!:Dthen to my grandchildren i'll say :...know your processor trademark?Gearbox...oh in the good old times...msgplus.net...you know in that thing...what's the name?...INTERNET that's it...i knew the guy(blade was his name!;)) who started with the project for what's today gearbox computing industries...
LOL=)

Your making fun of this :-P, but these things actually happen :D, What about Bill Gates his classmates?  Or Steven Spielberg his classmates?

I Guess they are :undecided: about teasing him :D
RE: Gearbox by .blade// on 12-17-2004 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
quote:
LOL=)

Your making fun of this :-P, but these things actually happen :D, What about Bill Gates his classmates?  Or Steven Spielberg his classmates?

I Guess they are :undecided: about teasing him :D

The dif. is that we're building computers, not making an OS or producing movies :P Ah well, what happens happens. Maybe we'll end up like Dell or Alienware :banana:
RE: Gearbox by TylerG on 12-19-2004 at 03:23 AM

Just saying.  I would buy from you.  :D  Good  luck

RE: Gearbox by Fergy on 12-20-2004 at 12:46 PM

That is exactly how bill gates became mega rich, building computers (Note in his time it was much harder, nowdays you can make computers out of lego)

Interesting fact: Gates dropped out of Harvard