Shoutbox

MSN Today Language - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Today Language (/showthread.php?tid=35566)

MSN Today Language by superesonator on 12-13-2004 at 05:53 AM

I would like to remove the MSN Today button from the MSN messenger 7 beta, or alternately correct the annoying fact that it redirects to the Japanese MSN site.

I am using the English version but some how it

1. knows that I am in Japan

and

2. Falsely assumes that I am interested in Japanese pop idols and other useless mind garbage.

I also get Japanese activities in my 'activities' tab.

Can someone help me get back to my native language, or just get rid of the MSN today advertisements and menus?

RE: MSN Today Language by MessEnGer on 12-13-2004 at 08:32 AM

Hello superesonator and welcome to the forums

as for your problem of msn messenger knowing that you are in japan comes from the process of registeration ..i.e. during registeration you must have saved your location as Japan , so msn messenger according your location displays your msn today adverts ....
Also maybe it checks your server you are connecting through and for that reason redirects msn today to the japanese site (if you have not entered your country as japan)
and to remove the today bar from showing everytime you log in it is a simple process got to options select general and untick the option to show MSN today everytime i login ... as shown in the picture below

[Image: attachment.php?pid=346589]

RE: MSN Today Language by CookieRevised on 12-13-2004 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MessEnGer
as for your problem of msn messenger knowing that you are in japan comes from the process of registeration ..i.e. during registeration you must have saved your location as Japan , so msn messenger according your location displays your msn today adverts ....
correct. To change your location, change your .NET Passport settings:
https://register.passport.net/
more specifically:
https://register.passport.net/editprof.srf

quote:
Originally posted by MessEnGer
Also maybe it checks your server you are connecting through and for that reason redirects msn today
nope, incorrect...
RE: MSN Today Language by superesonator on 12-13-2004 at 10:10 AM

Yep, changing the location as you suggested changes the content of the ads and menus after a Logoff + Logon.

As for the other question however, the MSN Today I was hoping to get rid of is not the pop-up window (I had already disabled that) , but the button to the right of the e-mail button , under the status pulldown menu.... :$

RE: MSN Today Language by Ezra on 12-13-2004 at 10:19 AM

U must use Reshack for that, or a patch that removes it.

U can download this at www.mess.be

Patching the .exe is illegal btw...

RE: MSN Today Language by superesonator on 12-13-2004 at 10:52 AM

Thanks much (Y)