Shoutbox

Song To Avatar (Source Release) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Song To Avatar (Source Release) (/showthread.php?tid=35568)

Song To Avatar (Source Release) by Ash_ on 12-13-2004 at 12:35 PM

Source Released.
see this post

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by TheBlasphemer on 12-13-2004 at 12:42 PM

Looks nice, spend a bit more time on GUI design though :P
this looks pretty difficult to a complete newbie...

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by _Humphreys on 12-13-2004 at 12:57 PM

You could put it in A X-19 if you want. It would be a very good feature :D.

RE: RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Ash_ on 12-13-2004 at 01:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Looks nice, spend a bit more time on GUI design though :P
this looks pretty difficult to a complete newbie...

(i think you were being nice in there :P) anyway yeh ill work on the GUI and Attitude ill think about puttin this in AX19.
RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by TheBlasphemer on 12-13-2004 at 01:12 PM

AX, what the hell is it with you?
You have NO knowledge of programming AT ALL,
all you do is tricking other devs into putting their stuff in AX19, so you can take credit....
please, get a life, or buy a book "Programming for complete n00bs"

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by LuL_TeX on 12-13-2004 at 01:20 PM

finish workin on it.. ill use..

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by -dt- on 12-13-2004 at 01:23 PM

:) finish it ash_ ill help you make a better gui or something

RE: RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Ash_ on 12-13-2004 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
:) finish it ash_ ill help you make a better gui or something

lol. now i've quoted you on it you better. lol. but thanks dt.
RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by The_MoD on 12-13-2004 at 04:49 PM

Looks nice..plz continue it ^^

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Ezra on 12-13-2004 at 06:06 PM

I would use it if it was compatibe with iTunes.

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by dotNorma on 12-13-2004 at 06:57 PM

Great , I would love to see this completed. (y)

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by user27089 on 12-13-2004 at 07:02 PM

I really think that you should carry on with the plugin, it was the best winamp display name one around, definitely carry on with it, I used it and liked it :).

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by kangie on 12-14-2004 at 03:45 AM

and put something other than "DP" cos when i see DP i assume its something to do with dispaly pics.... just an idea! apart from that, looks really good!!!

and dont shove attitude_extremes plugin in.... it would be worthless :) its TOTALLY unrelated to what youre doing, and i agree wi TB,  attuitude_extreme just wants to take the credit for something YOUVE put all the hard work into... keep it your own

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by lizard.boy on 12-14-2004 at 03:55 AM

kangie as far as i know it is supposed to put your playing track as your display pic :)

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by -dt- on 12-14-2004 at 08:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
kangie as far as i know it is supposed to put your playing track as your display pic :)
yup and it also has an option to use the nickname setting thing in the plugin api to set your nickname to the current song too
RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Ash_ on 12-14-2004 at 10:16 AM

wow!, people want me to continue.
ok well i'll continue it then.

right now im on school holidays so it should be done in no time.

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by user13774 on 12-14-2004 at 01:53 PM

Looks pretty nice. PsychoMark was working on something like this for Windows Media Player (10), Winamp and Sonique. You might wanna contact him, so you can also make it work with WMP(10).

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Ash_ on 12-14-2004 at 02:06 PM

thanks Markus, but somehow i dont think he'll want to share source if he's coding the same kind of plugin as me.

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by BrOkEn on 12-16-2004 at 09:03 PM

cool it looks good , continue man  i'll use it 2 :D

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by kangie on 12-16-2004 at 09:07 PM

ohhhh..... ok then :P you should make that clearer :P unless you have, and im just being dumb :P

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Ash_ on 12-17-2004 at 02:45 AM

lol ok kangie...

anyway it's almost done. i fixed a heap o' bugs (2 of 3 :P) now the image is getting set as the dp properly. the forms load and unload properly.
just saving is wrong., it saves like a black box with white rectangle in bottom right. ill work on it tonight. ill be at my dads so i might not be able to get it on the net until monday. (it's 1:13 pm friday now :P)

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Sk3tch on 12-17-2004 at 03:30 AM

Looks good and im sure it would be well used, but i agree with TB, work on the GUI if you haven't already, make it more user-friendly and this plugin will be good, id use it (Y)

Nice work

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by red3vil on 12-17-2004 at 09:34 AM

best song advertiser untill now if it's finished, it was allways kind of bothering me that my nick was changing all the time.

keep up the good work!!!!

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Weyzza on 12-17-2004 at 09:48 AM

Nice (Y)
And, as suggested by TB, let this plugin as an "independent" plugin ;)

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by rompom7 on 12-18-2004 at 04:32 AM

I would use it (Y)

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by red3vil on 12-22-2004 at 08:49 AM

it's wednesday and still no release :(
come on m8, what's the status?

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by Ash_ on 12-22-2004 at 11:13 AM

the status is that everything about the image works great (Y). saving and drawing onto it. but. setting it as the dp on msn is my problem.

i've posted a thread for some help.

RE: Vote: Do you want me to continue plugin by red3vil on 12-28-2004 at 08:30 PM

keep us posted

Source Code Release by Ash_ on 12-29-2004 at 01:58 PM

ok ok ok.
to tell the truth i really cant be stuffed coding this noobie program anymore.

so ive decided to release to source so people can learn and blah blah blah.

one main reason is that im trying to forget Visual Basic and get into a different language and learn bigger and better things. with some people wanting this plugin if i release the standlone exe sourcecode maybe some leet (or noobish) vb coder can fix it up.

as you can tell its coded in vb.

Have Fun.