Shoutbox

POP3 e-mail on gmail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: POP3 e-mail on gmail (/showthread.php?tid=35574)

POP3 e-mail on gmail by Val on 12-13-2004 at 03:52 PM

can some one plez tell me how to set up a pop3 email with gmail on messanger plus and can you tell me if i do it right in this attachment

RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by Plik on 12-13-2004 at 03:54 PM

Gmail is currently not supported with the pop3 feature because it uses SSL which plus doesnt support.
Patchou has added support for this and it will be available with the next relese

RE: RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by Val on 12-13-2004 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
Gmail is currently not supported with the pop3 feature because it uses SSL which plus doesnt support.
Patchou has added support for this and it will be available with the next relese

Well thanks but can you tell me then how to do it with hotmail. cuze i use my gmail acount for msn but want msn to check my hotmail too
RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by Plik on 12-13-2004 at 04:10 PM

It cant be done with hotmail either because they stoped offering  pop3 acces bceause of spam.

RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by leito on 12-13-2004 at 05:06 PM

For gmail you could use Gmail Notifier, for Hotmail... yes just outlook.

RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by f1d0d1d08989 on 12-14-2004 at 02:41 AM

No you cant use outlook or outlook express to check Hotmail anymore unless you pay $$ for the preminum accounts...:(

RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by Purity on 12-14-2004 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by val3006
can some one plez tell me how to set up a pop3 email with gmail on messanger plus and can you tell me if i do it right in this attachment
Doesnt Gmail have a program that does this for you?? there was another program like Pop goes gmail or something and i unno.
RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by Underlord on 12-14-2004 at 02:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
quote:
Originally posted by val3006
Doesnt Gmail have a program that does this for you?? there was another program like Pop goes gmail or something and i unno.
Yes, you could do that but it would just be a clutter. Patchou is going to include pop3 support in the final release of the current Msgplus Beta.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=34...d=340668#pid340668
RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by Tochjo on 12-14-2004 at 02:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
Patchou is going to include pop3 support
Support for SSL with POP3 ;)
RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by Moo on 12-14-2004 at 03:14 PM

Also, if you would be able to use MsgPlus! to check your Gmail account,  Gmail would think that you have already downloaded the emails checked by MsgPlus! and you will not see them in your email client.

RE: POP3 e-mail on gmail by kangie on 12-15-2004 at 10:51 AM

someone should mention that  gmail isnt compatible wi pop3, as an official thread.... cos ive been yelled at by people for saying its not possible :P