Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags (/showthread.php?tid=35576)

[Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by webi on 12-13-2004 at 05:06 PM

hi all, i've an idea about the display picture and the messenger plus! special tags, why not creating a special function who change your display picture when you chose one of your own special tags ?
For exemple : when you go in your shower, you appear on messenger "under shower" and your display picture change for a "under shower" picture.

i've made a fake to show you my idea :

[Image: idea.jpg]

good bye ;)

PS:my fake is in french, sorry for that :(

RE: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by Plik on 12-13-2004 at 05:32 PM

There is an add-on called ADP (Advanced Display Picture) That can change your display picture when you change status.
Search around for it.

RE: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by webi on 12-13-2004 at 08:50 PM

ha okay, thanks for this news :P ;) but, is it not beter to integrate that in messenger plus! ? and not keep an (other) add-on ?

RE: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by Patchou on 12-13-2004 at 09:19 PM

in fact, you can already do that, with the rarely used but yet useful /pic command. Just create a quicktext with two commands (using the # character, check the tooltip of the quick text preferences for more info), the first one to change yoru status, the second one to change your pic :).

RE: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by webi on 12-13-2004 at 09:31 PM

wow, i never heard about that, and i understand for what, yeah it's useful command but very complicated for newbie ;) like u said, it's a rare command :P

RE: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by CookieRevised on 12-14-2004 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by webi
wow, i never heard about that, and i understand for what, yeah it's useful command but very complicated for newbie ;) like u said, it's a rare command :P
It's in fact much easier then using and configuring those plugins:

Quicktext alias:
     /UnderShower
Quicktext text:
     /away I'm in the shower...
     #/pic shower_DP

Now, when you type the command /undershower in a conversation, you change your status to away, set an auto-message "I'm in the shower", and change your display picture to the display picture named "shower_DP".

That's all you need to do...

For more commands: http://www.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php
RE: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by Underlord on 12-14-2004 at 12:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by webi
It's in fact much easier then using and configuring those plugins:

Quicktext alias:
     /UnderShower
Quicktext text:
     /away I'm in the shower...
     #/pic shower_DP

Now, when you type the command /undershower in a conversation, you change your status to away, set an auto-message "I'm in the shower", and change your display picture to the display picture named "shower_DP".

That's all you need to do...

For more commands: http://www.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php

This way you wouldn't be able to have a custom status eg "(Shower)", because /away and /naway cannot be used simultaniously :P.
Patchou's way works better. Just make a personalised status, eg "/Shower1" and make a quicktext "/Shower".
In the quicktext:
/Shower1
#/pic shower_DP

Simple :).
This way you get both away message and personalised status, but if you didn't want either one of these features your way would work, Cookie :chrongue:.
RE: [Suggestion] Display pictures and special tags by CookieRevised on 12-14-2004 at 09:23 AM

Mine was just an example and was exactly what Patchou meant; using the quicktexts (and he didn't said anything about a personalised status :XP:). I didn't put the link to the commandslist there for nothing :dodgy:

The important part is the /pic command, of course you can use other additional commands...

btw, personalised statusses aren't executed with their name as the command, use /persostat for that...

* CookieRevised slaps Underlord

:P

/all I'm going to the shower, don't bother me :P
#/persostat 1
#/pic shower_DP
#/clear
#/lock

there :XP:
:D