Shoutbox

Meeting in Paris - You're invited! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! (/showthread.php?tid=35589)

Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Patchou on 12-13-2004 at 10:45 PM

Hey everyone,

Christmas is coming and Patchou is coming to town. I'll be in Paris for the holidays and as I already got several emails from people asking if I would be able to meet them there, I'm making this official announcement.

If you have nothing to do on December 27th and want to spend some time with fellow Messenger Plus! users in Paris, you're invited to come meet with us. The date is fixed to the 27th and won't be changed. We'll meet sometime in the afternoon and go have a drink, get something to eat, whatever you want to do in fact, I'll plan something more carefully once I'll know how many people will be there. Even if I would like to invite everyone interested, the number of people could rapidely become way too high so unfortunately, I have to restrict the invitation to people who are active in the community, including msnfanatic's forum, mess.be's forum, this forum, and any other Messenger related forum.

I will offer to all the attendees a meal and a drink (give your thanks to the sponsor :)). I'm sure we'll have a good time, after all, this is not called a "community" for nothing! I'm counting on all of you who's been on this forum for so much time. I rarely go to France and I'd really like to meet my users&helpers to talk head to head for a change :).

If you're a qualified attendee, please send an email to **edited (invites full)** , I will get back to all of you next weekend with the precise time and location. The deadline is December 20th, not a day more (I won't be home any more after that date).

Note for those coming from other countries: if needed, I'll pick you up at the train station (or equivalent). I'm reserving the whole day to meet with all of you so, even if the "official" meeting will be in the afternoon at a fixed location, I see no problem in meeting with some of you earlier in the morning so that you don't get bored to death.

Thank you :gfdrin:
Patchou

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by user27089 on 12-13-2004 at 10:54 PM

I am so annoyed that I can't get to Paris, I mean, what 14 year old could! Maybe you should go to London sometime to meet up with some of the British users of the Messenger Plus! Forums :). Then I would happily come and see you, believe you me, if I had the money I would definitely come to Paris, but I can't afford it to be honest :cry:.

Have fun anyway :cry:..

London is really nice btw, maybe you should go there sometime for some sight seeing 8-)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Dempsey on 12-13-2004 at 10:57 PM

Hey Patchou, hope you have a great time in Paris!  It would be great to go along and meet others in the community, but I'm not allowed abroad for another 18 months :(

Never mind, maybe next time.  Have a great time meeting all your fans :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-13-2004 at 11:04 PM

It's great to know about this, but I have no family, friends in Paris in whose house to sleep (and I don't think I'll have enough money to spend in a hotel).

I'll think about it: 18h in train (there and back) may be worth the meeting! :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by juanfrank11 on 12-13-2004 at 11:11 PM

Good Luck to you there Patchou!! :D:D If you have any souvenirs of the sculptures pls share to us.:D:D

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-13-2004 at 11:16 PM

All booked, e-mail sent

Plus 'n Paris

* Sunshine will be there

:D

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by CookieRevised on 12-13-2004 at 11:36 PM

I've already send the mail. I'm comming. As for how I come, dunno, maybe by train (although very expensive), maybe by car (but I need a GPS then cause I'm hopeless :P)...

Staying overnight? dunno, it is possible to go back the same day by train (to Belgium/Netherlands) if the meeting isn't till the night though. For others, there are many cheap hotels in Paris also, (youthhostels), maybe I'll do that too, dunno yet.

But, when I can drive (I hope so, although the car wouldn't be mine, so let's hope) I can bring 4 other people from Belgium/Netherlands....

All depends when we have more info (like location/time).

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Chrono on 12-13-2004 at 11:37 PM

are you paying the plane ticket? :refuck:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Patchou on 12-13-2004 at 11:41 PM

err... no? :p

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Guido on 12-14-2004 at 12:07 AM

Well, I can't go to Paris either, but great idea and, for once, POST PICS!  :gfdrin:

(or send them to your web designer so that he makes a special section ;))

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Underlord on 12-14-2004 at 12:36 AM

Paris is only a 24 hour flight *-), so i can't make it :chrongue:
Have a great time everyone who is going :gfdrin:
Get a few group pics. :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by EvilSeph on 12-14-2004 at 03:03 AM

Why can't this be regional? :(, Pitcho! Host one in Canada for us Canadians that love MP! :)

Hopefully I can go if you do :x

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Fraisie on 12-14-2004 at 03:17 AM

Ok let's plan one in Canada, then one in the US, then on in the UK, then one in South America... then we'll see if we still have money :D

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Chestah on 12-14-2004 at 03:30 AM

oi Fraisie you forget australia ;) :banana:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by s7a5 on 12-14-2004 at 03:45 AM

Im with you on that

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by marissa on 12-14-2004 at 04:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Why can't this be regional? :(, Pitcho! Host one in Canada for us Canadians that love MP! :)

Hopefully I can go if you do :x

agreed! Im so disappointed that i cant come to this, aw it would be so fun. :'(  But maybe no one would coem to canada because of distance either. Plus my mom wouldnt let me go. I can just see that conversation now ;\

Anyways, all of you that are going i hope you all have fun! One day i think we should all meet...but i think that would be awkward (sp?)...very :dodgy:

edit: plus ill be in newbrunswick with family...but id rather be in paris :'(
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sk3tch on 12-14-2004 at 04:36 AM

Argh.. id really like to come and meet everyone.. that would be wicked. But i doubt id be able to come on the 27th. Im in Canada.. and i can get a plane ticket and hotel and stuff, but the date is too soon :(

Oh well, take lots of pictures :P  Have fun you guys :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Patchou on 12-14-2004 at 06:47 AM

Well, if some of you want to meet in Montréal, I'm always available :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by matty on 12-14-2004 at 07:23 AM

I would love to come but it wont happen :( I will be working

Hey Patch, who's idea was this really?

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-14-2004 at 07:23 AM

I'll be in Paris too :)
Hope to see lots of you there! :D
(I will most likely already be in Paris the 26th, so if anyone else will be in paris by then, just PM me for my mobile-phone nr)

EDIT:
People coming up till now seems to be Patchou, twwb, Fraisie, Cookie, and me...

EDIT2:
I'll be there that morning too, so I and Patchou will be able to meet with you at bus/trainstations if you want :P
Also, if you think you're not worthy of going, just send an email to patchou and let him decide wether you are or you are not ;) It's worth a chance! :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by MoRiA on 12-14-2004 at 07:59 AM

twwb? What the? :p

* MoRiA shrugs. Maybe. ¬¬

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by aNILEator on 12-14-2004 at 08:28 AM

Yeah need to come to London, England

Messenger Plus! World Tour! :P :plus2:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Chop on 12-14-2004 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I was in montreal two years ago, but i didnt know you lived there *and you didnt, did you?* :P

Oh yeah, i cant go :p, i'm only 16 and live in mexico with my family :refuck:
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Scito on 12-14-2004 at 11:16 AM

Cool idea, really like it :). If I can arrange transport (mostlikely the train) I'll be there too! Looking forward to it already :)!

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by MoRiA on 12-14-2004 at 12:11 PM

opti & I have the old cost-of-transport problem :(
Return train journey is looking like £140 for the two of us, excluding the hotel stay if TB prods us into coming down on the 26th..

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by x2zen on 12-14-2004 at 12:21 PM

I will be there, but I dont know where to sleep, and I dont have the money to sleep in a hotel.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-14-2004 at 12:23 PM

Little tip for people having trouble with transport, try www.eurolines.com, then go to "country sites" and go to your own country to book...
they go troughout all europe, and they are relatively cheap...

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
I will be there, but I dont know where to sleep, and I dont have the money to sleep in a hotel.

try a youth-hostel?
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by surfichris on 12-14-2004 at 01:06 PM

quote:

Total Price*

Price           Passengers           Total Price
      $3082.66     x     1 adult     =     $3082.66
                              $3082.66 (AUD)
That sounds feasible :shocked:

Anyway, despite that I would if I could - however I will be working (Sale day -_-).

Now, you know how you love Steve so much Patchou? And how much of a great place Australia is? Well you have to come over here some time!
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Mike on 12-14-2004 at 01:36 PM

I would really like to come, but I cant... :(
Im only 12 years old...
My parants and my brother coming to Paris?
Nah... :P
It would be too expensive...

Just be sure to come to Greece after comming back from Paris ;)
Not in Athens, but Thessaloniki :P

Nah j/k.
Have fun in Paris :)

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
they go troughout all europe, and they are relatively cheap...
I cant see Greece there... :dodgy:

[offtopic]By the way, Cookie, what is a GPS? Because I have also seen this in Need For Speed Underground 2 :P[/offtopic]
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Dempsey on 12-14-2004 at 01:41 PM

GPS = Global Position System, a satellite- based navigation system.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Millenium_edition on 12-14-2004 at 01:41 PM

I'll try to be there :D

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
[offtopic]By the way, Cookie, what is a GPS? Because I have also seen this in Need For Speed Underground 2 :P[/offtopic]
global positioning system :D
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-14-2004 at 02:48 PM

* TheBlasphemer bumps thread up, mods, sticky? stick it till 20th please?

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by GiantSpider on 12-14-2004 at 04:25 PM

Bastards.
The Plus! World tour is in high demand now! Can't see my parents letting me run loose in Paris tbh. London maybe but Paris? Well have fun everyone who go's.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by noemie on 12-14-2004 at 04:54 PM

Hello Patchou,

Comment vas-tu?
En fait Sophie, Arthur et moi-même serions très interéssés pour assister à ton meeting le 27.

Est-ce toujours possible?
Serait-il possible avoir le détail de comment s'articule la journée?

Merci de me tenir informer assez rapidement pour que l'on puisse s'organiser.

Je te remercie par avance.

A plus tard

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by user27089 on 12-14-2004 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by noemie
Hello Patchou,

Comment vas-tu?
En fait Sophie, Arthur et moi-même serions très interéssés pour assister à ton meeting le 27.

Est-ce toujours possible?
Serait-il possible avoir le détail de comment s'articule la journée?

Merci de me tenir informer assez rapidement pour que l'on puisse s'organiser.

Je te remercie par avance.

A plus tard

English Forum :-/.

Okay, Patchou, maybe you should only go to two other places other than where you live, and that would be London, UK (or birmingham) lol and Paris, France.

I would go, but I'm a 14 year old with no Job and I get £16 a week for pocket money, I have about 13 days to make however much it will cost for transport and accomodation...

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by -Art- on 12-14-2004 at 05:06 PM

If I can arange some money, I will certainly go. And if anyone is from Amsterdam (or somewhere near) I would be happy to meet you and you can join me. And if anyone around Amsterdam has a car and is going to take it, please contact me if I can join you.

Thanks,

Art.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by ayjay on 12-14-2004 at 06:00 PM

This is quite weird actually, I know it's sad but I had a dream a few days ago that everyone from the forums met up somewhere :P I would absolutley (hmm...) love to come but too expensive :(

Have fun everyone who's going!

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by |Rolando| on 12-14-2004 at 08:10 PM

If only this had been posted sooner :(

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Millenium_edition on 12-14-2004 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by |Rolando|
If only this had been posted sooner :(
sorry, it was me who gave the idea, i just knew about it yesterday :(
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by |Rolando| on 12-14-2004 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
sorry, it was me who gave the idea, i just knew about it yesterday
No worries. It's only the Visa problem to me :(
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by aNILEator on 12-14-2004 at 09:14 PM

i made a quick dodgy logo in good old PSP 8

[Image: attachment.php?pid=347260]

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Pr0xY on 12-14-2004 at 09:21 PM

Patchou, I actually do have free plain tickets I could use, but I do already have plans for the date you listed.  If you ever have one in canada, I'll drive up and meet with ya. :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by GiantSpider on 12-15-2004 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Okay, Patchou, maybe you should only go to two other places other than where you live, and that would be London, UK (or birmingham) lol and Paris, France.

lol Brummie land! Not if he likes his legs.
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by _Humphreys on 12-15-2004 at 08:01 PM

8o|

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by user27089 on 12-15-2004 at 08:06 PM

Same here, if anyone is willing to go to London or Birmingham, maybe even Stratford-Upon-Avon, then I assure you that me and Stigmata will meet you there definitely. Patchou, Stratford is quite good for site seeing and is the birthplace of one of the worlds most renowned playwrights ;)... William Shakespeare.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Millenium_edition on 12-15-2004 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Same here, if anyone is willing to go to London or Birmingham, maybe even Stratford-Upon-Avon, then I assure you that me and Stigmata will meet you there definitely. Patchou, Stratford is quite good for site seeing and is the birthplace of one of the worlds most renowned playwrights ;)... William Shakespeare.
i'm going on school holidays to london :D
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Stigmata on 12-15-2004 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Same here, if anyone is willing to go to London or Birmingham, maybe even Stratford-Upon-Avon, then I assure you that me and Stigmata will meet you there definitely. Patchou, Stratford is quite good for site seeing and is the birthplace of one of the worlds most renowned playwrights ... William Shakespeare.

true words spoken :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by _Humphreys on 12-15-2004 at 08:15 PM

lol....thats dodgy if only I could go to london...traxor and stigma you should meet up with me, anubis and cky in Midd'Boro and we could shoot some major skarz footage! ;) It would be crazy..! :D

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Choli on 12-15-2004 at 08:30 PM

:'( :'(
* Choli has a lot of work and can't go to Paris :cry:

I really would like to go, but can't lose any working day, sorry Patchou. Maybe next time :-/

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-15-2004 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
:'( :'(
* Choli has a lot of work and can't go to Paris :cry:

I really would like to go, but can't lose any working day, sorry Patchou. Maybe next time :-/
Damn, the only possibility to go there by car has disappeared... :rolleyes:

(no, Choli, you're not supposed to know about my thoughts :P)
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Choli on 12-15-2004 at 11:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Damn, the only possibility to go there by car has disappeared...
:lol: going by car is even less probable than going there :P I don't own a car, and my parents wouldn't lend me their car to go to paris :P
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by MoRiA on 12-15-2004 at 11:07 PM

Well... whether or not I would have been going before, I have just remembered that my passport expired in July or so.. >.<

sux2bme, eh?

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Dempsey on 12-15-2004 at 11:15 PM

you can borrow my passprt :p

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Omar on 12-16-2004 at 04:05 PM

Well...

spending 1500 dlls in roundtrip airfare is not a problem for me, but the timing is... :mipdodgy:

I just wish that the next meeting is announced with some time before the actua meeting date, so we people in other continents can make the necessary arrangements.... :P

As KS said in the spanish forums.... I wish that somebody will take pics (or video) of CookieRevised and The Blasphemer when they decide to settle their differences once and for all in a fist fight... :lol:

Cheers

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by GiantSpider on 12-16-2004 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Attitude Extreme
lol....thats dodgy if only I could go to london...traxor and stigma you should meet up with me, anubis and cky in Midd'Boro and we could shoot some major skarz footage! It would be crazy..!

I would probably get the train from sonny 'lil Sunderland & meet you all. Just remind me to bring ma gas mask.................
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by saralk on 12-16-2004 at 04:23 PM

i might be able to go, if i cud only get some cheap plane tickets

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-16-2004 at 09:27 PM

Be sure to send meeting_mplus@patchou.com an email and make sure it's settled :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-16-2004 at 10:15 PM

Well, I gotta say I'm finally going to the meeting thanks to the encouragement of some members ;)

I'll have to find out how to get from Orly to the center, but I don't think my 2-years-French has got that lost. :P

See you there! :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Apatik on 12-16-2004 at 11:23 PM

to get from orly to paris you can pay a taxi..or go by train :p

i'll be there too.

* Apatik 's gonna be intimidated among all those smart ppl :p

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Fraisie on 12-17-2004 at 05:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
to get from orly to paris you can pay a taxi..or go by train :p

i'll be there too.

* Apatik 's gonna be intimidated among all those smart ppl :p

Don't worry, I'll be there too to represent the not so smart people :P
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-17-2004 at 12:02 PM

And I'll be there to represent the crappy-French-speaking people :gfdrin:

"Ou a-t-il des taxis pour aller au centre?" - will be my phrase. :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Dempsey on 12-17-2004 at 12:15 PM

A useful phrase for people going:

Avez-vous quelquchose contre la douleur?

(i can't rememeber how to spell it)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-17-2004 at 12:21 PM

"parlez vous anglais?"
"non"
"Stupid frenchie!"

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-17-2004 at 12:32 PM

Heheeh, i even put in the booking as a note to hotelstaff "we don't speak french".
Well i do just a lil, but they don't need to know that :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-17-2004 at 12:35 PM

Yeah, well, my English isn't that good either. I'll prolly have to mix up French, English and some Interlingua or Esperanto. :P

Anyone speaking German out there? :rolleyes:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-17-2004 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Yeah, well, my English isn't that good either. I'll prolly have to mix up French, English and some Interlingua or Esperanto. :P

Anyone speaking German out there? :rolleyes:
Lol, you know i do. But i don't think the french do. Anyways your english is good enough ;)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-17-2004 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Anyways your english is good enough

You'll be thinking that until you _hear_ me speaking English. Do you recall my recorded voice/accent? :cry:
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Choli on 12-17-2004 at 01:04 PM

so, KeyStorm, finally you're going... good luck there. you'll represent all the spanish people because you're the only from spain tthat goes, aren't you?

[spanish joke]And remember: to speak in french you have to say "I don't buy bread" in catalan: (Jo (je) no compre pa)[/joke] :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Apatik on 12-17-2004 at 03:32 PM

quote:
[spanish joke]And remember: to speak in french you have to say "I don't buy bread" in catalan: (Jo (je) no compre pa)[/joke] :P
:lol:

keystorm : just follow the direction signs :p
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-17-2004 at 03:42 PM

quote:
quote:
Anyways your english is good enough

You'll be thinking that until you _hear_ me speaking English. Do you recall my recorded voice/accent? :cry:
No worries Keystorm, we'll understand eachother just fine :D

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Phrive on 12-17-2004 at 04:04 PM

I'd loved to be able to come and visit you all (Thats if i qualify :P)
But its a short time after christmas time and im quite frankly skint, maybe if it was in London :P

Good offer though, wish you all a good time who goes

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by jren207 on 12-17-2004 at 04:25 PM

There's no way i'll be able to go :(

Please visit the UK some time :P

ooo and takes pics!! 8-)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-17-2004 at 05:36 PM

quote:
(Jo (je) no compre pa)

[catalan-valencian]Yeah, that would be difficult to me, in Valencia you say "Jo compre", in Catalonia we say "Jo compro". :refuck: [/catalan-valencian]

The only thing I really know that's right in French is "voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?" :rolleyes:

j/k :P

quote:
you'll represent all the spanish people
Hm, right, I think I said that already in the Spanish Forums, and you know you can tell me whatever you want to ask Patchou and I'll prolly do. :chrongue:

I'll take loads of pics for you, guys. Well, that if they allow me to. ;)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-17-2004 at 05:42 PM

quote:
I'll take loads of pics for you, guys. Well, that if they allow me to.

Try me and you'll prolly end up with a very pissed off tb :P
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Choli on 12-17-2004 at 06:15 PM

quote:
and you know you can tell me whatever you want to ask Patchou and I'll prolly do.
i'll tell you this weekend on messenger ;)
quote:
Try me and you'll prolly end up with a very pissed off tb
KS: be sure you take photos of him :refuck:
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Fraisie on 12-17-2004 at 07:24 PM

So I guess I'll be able to practice some spanish Keystorm, some english with Sunshine and some french with Apatik ! This will be fun !

We should all wear nametags or stuff like that... we should have our avatars on us ! lol easier that way ! :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Jhrono on 12-17-2004 at 07:24 PM

hey ya patch u should come on holidays to portugal...the south zone is full of great beachs...temperature 40 ºC (top) on day 10 ºC at night(min)...this is a great country=)...bad for it's political situation[fuckin' socialists are goin' to power in next elections for sure] but we dont give politics that much atention=)...

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-17-2004 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
So I guess I'll be able to practice some spanish Keystorm, some english with Sunshine and some french with Apatik ! This will be fun !

We should all wear nametags or stuff like that... we should have our avatars on us ! lol easier that way ! :P
Heheh..you can speak dutch with me aswell, but i doubt you'll understand a word i'm saying.

Nametags: lol, good idea..only when i make one it'll be in black and white (no colour printer) :P
I was thinking about bringing along a piece of paper with the plus! logo already...for recognition :D

So who offers to make nametags (in colour)?

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Joe on 12-17-2004 at 07:39 PM

Cincinnati, Ohio sounds pretty good;)
never got to see Patch at E3...:(

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Millenium_edition on 12-17-2004 at 09:48 PM

well i speak english, dutch, french, i'll translate everything needed :refuck:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-18-2004 at 01:41 AM

quote:

Ok, I'll grab my Photoshop and ask my mother (:blah:) to print them with her color laser printer. The problem is that we don't have those tag holders with clips.

Everyone who's coming: What should I put on your tag?

Nickname (big font)
Real name (smaller font) (if available)

MP! logo to the left and a MP!3 styled blue background?

if I'm in mood I'll make a sample tomorrow (if no one else has done it by that time :P)
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Chrono on 12-18-2004 at 01:48 AM

quote:
(if available)
c'mon, i dont think you are going to call anyone by their nickname :P. So the real name shall be there :cheesy:

What would people say if you are saying "CookieRevised" all the time? Even worse if you call him cookie :gay:

:lol: j/k
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-18-2004 at 01:55 AM

I've been to a Helbreath meeting in Madrid and everyone called each other by the nickname or the shortened nickname. Why? Everyone's used to it.  :refuck:

I have got used so much of people calling me keystorm online and on messenger that I don't mind they do so in real life.

I wouldn't get used to call you André, for example :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Chrono on 12-18-2004 at 02:04 AM

well yeah you are right :P After all some friends call me Chrono :dodgy:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by MSG!FAN on 12-18-2004 at 04:20 AM

You Could try comin 2 Singapore if u like tho..im only 11..cant go there cos my sch hol's r comin 2 an end:( I would meet u in Singapore if u do com in June or December tho cos that is when the sch hols r:)and mayb u could go pay a visit 2 the magestic "durian":D:Dbtw it is not a duian..it is just a concert hall named "Esplanade" which looks like 2  semi durians haha...find out more bou't it at this website(H)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-18-2004 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Ok, I'll grab my Photoshop and ask my mother (:blah:) to print them with her color laser printer. The problem is that we don't have those tag holders with clips.

Nickname (big font)

Hehehe just use a perforator and clip a hole in left upper corner...we can tie it somewhere with either a ribbon or a safetypin ;)

You know both in my case already :D
Nickname: Sunshine
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Millenium_edition on 12-18-2004 at 01:30 PM

quote:
quote:

Nickname (big font)

MP! logo to the left and a MP!3 styled blue background?

if I'm in mood I'll make a sample tomorrow (if no one else has done it by that time :P)
make me one too :D

nick: millenium (please, don't add the _edition lol)
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-18-2004 at 02:05 PM

Hm... well... a crappy try, tbh :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=348832]

edit: It will be smaller once printed

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-18-2004 at 02:17 PM

quote:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=348832]

Looks good to me :D

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sebbywood.co.uk on 12-18-2004 at 02:28 PM

I think I will be in Paris for new years as i have an apartment over there... but if i am ther on the 27th or 28th hasnt been decided yet...

So if i am over ther for the 27th, I will allow people to stay (2 or 3)...

Also I am new to posting, not new to the forum.... for i am now a converted lurker. Hazzah for me....

My name is Seb.... and i will have a go at making so nametags for you all...

[Edit] Ok then.... Name Tag #1...

Feedback?

[Image: msgnametag8ub.png]

RE: RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by CookieRevised on 12-18-2004 at 03:16 PM

quote:

[img]http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=348832[/img]

looks good on its own (although I don't like the "MsgPlus!"). But it isn't the format of a name tag, the ratio should be something like that of a credit card (8.3x5.4 or something). ;)

then what you can do is coat it with a plastic layer (dunno the english term of it... "laminating"?), make a whole in top with a perforator and use a safety pin like SunShine suggested ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Sebbywood.co.uk
[Edit] Ok then.... Name Tag #1...
Feedback?
nice, but to be honest I like Keystorm's better, sorry :(

Don't forget, those who want to come should mail to meeting_mplus@patchou.com. The deadline is December 20th, not a day more.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-18-2004 at 04:51 PM

Hm... I didn't like the "MsgPlus" either, but Messenger Plus! is a long name :p

Anyway, I tried in a rathe credit card format, and I've discovered that I have much less space.

Here's an example:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=348937]

"Cookie" is short, but what about "TheBlasphemer" or "Millenium Edition"?
I also want to keep the avatar, but then "Messenger Plus! Paris '04 would have to lay over ther logo, wich makes it look ugly.

I need some sleep, maybe tomorrow I'll try better.

Tonight I gotta be showman at a Gym's xmas dinner... :dodgy:, really :dodgy:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-18-2004 at 05:24 PM

Well, as the logo already states Plus! why not put Paris '04 in the exclamationmark (black font)? And to make longer names fit aswell use a slightly smaller font for the name, it looks a bit outta proportion for the size of the card as it is now. Real name can be placed between the Plus! logo and avatar ;)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-18-2004 at 05:45 PM

Can I ask Rolando to make one for meh :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Millenium_edition on 12-18-2004 at 06:03 PM

quote:
"Cookie" is short, but what about "TheBlasphemer" or "Millenium Edition"?
I also want to keep the avatar, but then "Messenger Plus! Paris '04 would have to lay over ther logo, wich makes it look ugly.
I love this one! :D just put "mill" or "blasp" if it doesn't fit.
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-18-2004 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Can I ask Rolando to make one for meh :P
Is that a question? ^o)

Please, everyone who wants me to make a visitor card for them, let me know per PM. Please include the desired nickname and realname. Oh, and the avatar, please.
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by CookieRevised on 12-18-2004 at 06:20 PM

there should be 1 type of card for all, ... or none... :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Sunshine on 12-18-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
there should be 1 type of card for all, ... or none... :P
* Sunshine agrees.
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Choli on 12-18-2004 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
(if available)
c'mon, i dont think you are going to call anyone by their nickname :P. So the real name shall be there :cheesy:

What would people say if you are saying "CookieRevised" all the time? Even worse if you call him cookie :gay:

:lol: j/k
:blah!: I'm not going, but if I'd go, i wouldn't care if they call me Choli. Most of my friends call me Choli, not Carlos.

btw, nice cards, ks
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Chrono on 12-18-2004 at 08:44 PM

No need to add Messenger Plus! if the logo is there ;)

only Paris 04  (Y)

(:( i want one :( ks buy me a plane ticket :refuck:) :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by jren207 on 12-18-2004 at 09:43 PM

If i were going (which i wont be able to, well, not to paris anyway, :(  ), then this would be my card...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=349038]

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by hmaster on 12-18-2004 at 10:47 PM

very nice card ^ :D

i cant come..have fun :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Ezra on 12-18-2004 at 11:42 PM

I can't Come to Paris i'm afraid :S, train is full :(...

Come to Amsterdam some time :)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-19-2004 at 01:28 AM

nice jren! I'll steal you some of the parts to make the rest and have them printed. (Y)
My fonts were too big so there wasn't space for any logical layout.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Messenga on 12-19-2004 at 01:16 PM

Who would Like to pay a Ticket to Paris for me ? :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-19-2004 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenga
Who would Like to pay a Ticket to Paris for me ? :P

Even if you applied to "regular users of this or other related communities", we wouldn't be paying your tickets for the sake of it.
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by CookieRevised on 12-19-2004 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I can't Come to Paris i'm afraid , train is full ...

Come to Amsterdam some time
go by bus, it's much much cheaper (although takes longer of course)
http://webapp.eurolines.nl/
+-69 euro (retour ticket for a'dam-paris)

and to stay overnight it will be +-23 euro's here: http://www.3ducks.fr/

(many of use, from belgium/netherlands are using same bus-company and will stay in that hostel)

But decide quickly, aka "now", because everybody who wants to come must confirm this by mailing Patchou before the 20th (see first post)....
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-19-2004 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I can't Come to Paris i'm afraid , train is full ...

Come to Amsterdam some time
go by bus, it's much much cheaper (although takes longer of course)
http://webapp.eurolines.nl/
+-69 euro (retour ticket for a'dam-paris)

and to stay overnight it will be +-23 euro's here: http://www.3ducks.fr/

(many of use, from belgium/netherlands are using same bus-company and will stay in that hostel)

But decide quickly, aka "now", because everybody who wants to come must confirm this by mailing Patchou before the 20th (see first post)....

I'm afraid the 3ducks is already full for that night,
try www.hostelsclub.com :)
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by CookieRevised on 12-19-2004 at 09:26 PM

can that be viewed somewhere? as there is still the possebility to make a reservation for that night, and I can't find any link with the current availability....

never mind, found it http://www.hostelsclub.com/hostel-en-735.html

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Pipish on 12-20-2004 at 01:56 AM

* Pipish is so jealous

i would love to come really but it is impossible you should come to sydney sometime that would be great all the aussie msgplus users and others in the one room how cool

RE: RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Vantage on 12-20-2004 at 06:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Patchou are you going to the slipknot concert by any chance :P?, lol, anyways one in montreal that would be great!. Meet at the Pepsi forum near dawson and go check out a movie or something. Or La Ronde would be a great place for in the summer!!!!!. We should have whatpulse teams playing against each other in Metro tag!!!!., Anyways i hope to hear more about this meeting in montreal :), have fun in Paris.
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-20-2004 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 3ducksbooking for 27th dec

No rooms available in 3 Ducks Hostel
       from Dec 27, 04 to Dec 27, 04

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Patchou on 12-20-2004 at 07:58 AM

We'll organise something in Montreal in January if you want :).

As for Paris, I'll send an email to everyone's who's been invited in a day or two, with detailed information about how the meeting is going to be organised.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by siebe on 12-20-2004 at 08:27 AM

Bah, and I was hoping to stay another day or two. Now the hostal is full1? Anyone know any other? :(

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-20-2004 at 02:55 PM

Ok, I bought 20 card holders. I'm not sure if they're enough, but I can buy more if necessary. I repeat:

EVERYONE WHO'S GOING TO THE MEETING PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR DESIRED NICKNAME, REAL NAME AND AVATAR LINK.

PS: those who already did, don't need to :refuck:

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-20-2004 at 03:55 PM

quote:
EVERYONE WHO'S GOING TO THE MEETING PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR DESIRED NICKNAME, REAL NAME AND AVATAR LINK.

Keystorm, It'd help a lot to reply to people you've already received, so they're sure you got em :P
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-20-2004 at 03:56 PM

Oh btw, we need a big sign for Patchou to hold up :P
so we can find him ;)
We've met before, and I was looking for him like half an hour wondering "Hmmm, looks like him, but doesn't EXACTLY look like him... hmmmm.... shall i ask him if he's cyril or not?"

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Menthix on 12-20-2004 at 08:54 PM

I'm comming too! Booked at 3 Ducks Hostel and got a confirmation number. Also called them, they say that if you recieved a confirmation number you are sure of a room. However, they are almost full...

People who are comming and want to stay the night, go to www.3ducks.fr and try to book.

Looking forward to meet people :0.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Menthix on 12-20-2004 at 11:35 PM

I was wondering... i will sleep the night 27th to 28th in Paris, but are there people doing stuff on the 28th itself? I'm traveling alone, but i wonder when to leave at the 28th. Don't feel like checking out Paris by myself. Maybe some people/someone wants to do somthing on the 28th? I don't have anything in mind yet, anything cool. Else i will probally return back in the morning already. Lemme know.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Apatik on 12-21-2004 at 12:11 AM

quote:
We've met before, and I was looking for him like half an hour wondering "Hmmm, looks like him, but doesn't EXACTLY look like him... hmmmm.... shall i ask him if he's cyril or not?"

And Patch and I were wondering 'humm, look at him..looks lost, it maybe TB *-) you ask him?', 'eeer, you first :p'

I actually didn't have any problem to recognize patchou, just walked towards him asking 'cyril? :x'
:p
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-21-2004 at 12:13 AM

It would be way better to take a nightly tour, instead. But it will be the night from Monday to Tuesday, so nothing will be open.
I'll be leaving in the morning, dunno what others will do.

(Double poster :blah:)

Edit:

quote:
just walked towards him asking 'cyril? :x'

The problem's that not everyone has the right French accent to spell Cyril correctly :P
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Apatik on 12-21-2004 at 12:25 AM

lol, then just run and shout 'messenger plus rooooocks' until suffocation

:p

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Menthix on 12-21-2004 at 12:28 AM

How about Patchou wearing his "It's optional" t-shirt :p

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-21-2004 at 12:29 AM

Btw, I wish I had an MP! t-shirt to have it signed by Patchou :(

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Weyzza on 12-21-2004 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
How about Patchou wearing his "It's optional" t-shirt :p
I've never seen that t-shirt.
Does anyone care enough to give the pic of that shirt?
Or only Patchou who has it?
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Apatik on 12-21-2004 at 03:03 AM

it's a tshirt he made for the MSN Event in Paris on 5th november '04 ;)

I've never seen the pics btw *-)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by TheBlasphemer on 12-21-2004 at 06:21 AM

quote:
ooks lost, it maybe TB you ask him?', 'eeer, you first '

I actually didn't have any problem to recognize patchou, just walked towards him asking 'cyril? :x'

Yes, but you're french, if you fuck up, you can explain that person :P
I wouldn't be able to!
RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Birdo on 12-22-2004 at 08:08 AM

hey, this is to all you australians out there lol :) if any of yas are planning on coming to maryborough queensland anytime soon, im sure id be happy to meet up with ya. but other then that i cant leave this lil town, parents wont let me lol.. :P

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by wacky on 12-23-2004 at 10:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vantage
Patchou are you going to the slipknot concert by any chance :P?, lol, anyways one in montreal that would be great!. Meet at the Pepsi forum near dawson and go check out a movie or something. Or La Ronde would be a great place for in the summer!!!!!. We should have whatpulse teams playing against each other in Metro tag!!!!., Anyways i hope to hear more about this meeting in montreal :), have fun in Paris.
bababa omg.. if you get to meet him, so should I. Montreal plus meeting :chrongue: LaRonde's fun

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by KeyStorm on 12-26-2004 at 11:32 PM

In roughly 12 hours we'll be finally meeting in Paris.  Some of us are already in Paris, others are to arrive tomorrow morning.

I hope we have lots of fun and a great time.
We'll let you know about (almost) anything that happens.

* KeyStorm grabs batteries for the digicam

(I think this thread can be closed now... :-/)

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by CookieRevised on 12-27-2004 at 02:51 AM

* CookieRevised is almost ready to go.... just grabbing some money and of I go (in +-20mins).......

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by Menthix on 12-27-2004 at 04:05 AM

Batteries charged, money with me, tickets, almost awake... gonna find something to eat, freash up, jump in the train, sleep a bit more... hopefully end up in Paris :P. On my way.

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by segosa on 12-27-2004 at 07:21 AM

* segosa cries

RE: Meeting in Paris - You're invited! by WDZ on 12-27-2004 at 07:25 AM

quote:
(I think this thread can be closed now... :-/)
Yeah, it has lots of replies. I'll un-stick it too.

Please make a new thread when you get back, to let us know how it went and post some pictures. :banana: