Shoutbox

Could anyone tell me how to add a menu item to MSN? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Could anyone tell me how to add a menu item to MSN? (/showthread.php?tid=35643)

Could anyone tell me how to add a menu item to MSN? by carlz on 12-15-2004 at 02:23 AM

Hi, Now I need add a menu item to MSN such as "plus!" in Messenger Plus!, could anyone tell me how to do it? thanks a lot!

RE: Could anyone tell me how to add a menu item to MSN? by Wabz on 12-15-2004 at 02:47 AM

It's a technique known as hooking, Its done in C and thats about all I know.  A google search will help :D

RE: Could anyone tell me how to add a menu item to MSN? by carlz on 12-15-2004 at 03:04 AM

Thanks very much! but we can add menu to office (word, outlook...) by interface such as _IDTExtensibility2, do you know whether MSN provide such interfaces?

RE: Could anyone tell me how to add a menu item to MSN? by Mike on 12-15-2004 at 05:57 AM

I have an example(found it on allapi.net which is down now:() on how to do it with Visual Basic.
The example is on another computer.
If you want, I can upload it here for you to see...

RE: Could anyone tell me how to add a menu item to MSN? by Ash_ on 12-15-2004 at 11:09 AM

Check out Stigmata's guide to hooking