Shoutbox

Help for newbie but I have sent this to a few people and we are donating - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Help for newbie but I have sent this to a few people and we are donating (/showthread.php?tid=35644)

Help for newbie but I have sent this to a few people and we are donating by comfortablynumb on 12-15-2004 at 04:07 AM

I am wondering?
WHen you rename the contacts where is that stored?  I deleted my profile so is that stored on msn plus servers? 

does anyone know why when I set a pic/icon that users see when we chat that it changes everytime I log off and back on?

I set it and then next time it is back to one of the defaults.
I have tried this with both the msn 6.2 and plus for that version, then msn 7 beta and the plus beta for that with the same issues.

RE: Help for newbie but I have sent this to a few people and we are donating by Underlord on 12-15-2004 at 06:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by comfortablynumb
I am wondering?
WHen you rename the contacts where is that stored?  I deleted my profile so is that stored on msn plus servers?
All Plus! settings are stored in the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\

quote:
Originally posted by comfortablynumb
does anyone know why when I set a pic/icon that users see when we chat that it changes everytime I log off and back on?

I set it and then next time it is back to one of the defaults.
I have tried this with both the msn 6.2 and plus for that version, then msn 7 beta and the plus beta for that with the same issues.

Go into the contact list and click on Tools --> Options --> Privacy and uncheck "This is a shared computer so don't store my address book, display picture or background on it"