Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Gatherings! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! (/showthread.php?tid=35674)

Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by XM4ST3RX on 12-15-2004 at 09:46 PM

Hey Patchou,

The meetin in Paris sounds very very cool, however its a little too short notice :(... i'd really like to be there however with alot of things planned myself i cant really get the money in such a short period with other plans.

This thread simply was to ask if you would consider doing the same next year? even make it a yearly thing... would be cool... even in 6 months and i'd be there :P.... but if you would consider doing it again could you please reply with more info.

Thanks,
XM4ST3RX

p.s. Have a great time in Paris this December, i can imagine it being really fun!

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Wabz on 12-15-2004 at 10:55 PM

Well I could imagine older members of the Messenger community would be capable of meeting up somewhere. 

Country wise a few of us would be able to do it although i wouldn't make it open minors due to implications of it

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by banky on 12-15-2004 at 10:58 PM

patchou should come to California(United States) *cough* Hanford *cough* :dodgy: chicken stuck in my throat :p

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by XM4ST3RX on 12-15-2004 at 11:17 PM

Hi Wabz,

yeah i agree mate, strictly 18's or over would be suitable.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Dempsey on 12-15-2004 at 11:19 PM

yea would be cool, although also kinda weird actaully seeing the ppl in real life and being able to put a face to the name

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-15-2004 at 11:45 PM

I don't agree that it should be over 18's only, because there are many members of the forum that are 15+ that should be allowed to be honest, and we would be allowed to go. Lots of people would want to meet patchou and people, but to be honest, if lots of people start signing up to purely meet Patchou, it could get quite annoying, I say that Patchou picks people if we did meet him, but IMO, I don' t think we should let him pay for the meals and drinks to be honest ;).

If anything, we should buy him stuff for him creating the add-on, the over 18 idea is completely ludacris... :dodgy:

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by marissa on 12-15-2004 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
Hi Wabz,

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX

i dont agree with that either, just simply because im younger than that. 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
yea would be cool, although also kinda weird actaully seeing the ppl in real life and being able to put a face to the name

Mippo made a site with all out pictures on it. Someone posted the link once and we all got the person to remove it (i think it was rebelsean that posted it :^))  But yeah, i know id be too shy to really talk :p
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Guido on 12-16-2004 at 12:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XM4ST3RX
That being why? :P

Anyway, it's probably easier and cheaper for Patchou to travel to 10 cities around the world and meet with groups by regions (and know new cities that way) (let's say, Buenos Aires for South America, London - UK, Paris - France, Tokio - Japan, Sidney -Australia, etc.) than 30 people traveling to a US or Canadian city and patchou paying meals for everyone. :P
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Patchou on 12-16-2004 at 03:55 AM

hum... I guess this means you do not pay plane tickets very often then.... ;).

I've always said I agree to meet people in the Montreal area whenever they want. As for somewhere else in the world, I'll have to think about that :).

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Guido on 12-16-2004 at 04:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
hum... I guess this means you do not pay plane tickets very often then....
Lol, I indeed don't...! :'(

But I didn't mean that literally :P I don't expect you to do a Msgplus World Tour :gfdrin:
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Underlord on 12-16-2004 at 06:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Anyway, it's probably easier and cheaper for Patchou to travel to 10 cities around the world and meet with groups by regions (and know new cities that way) (let's say, Buenos Aires for South America, London - UK, Paris - France, Tokio - Japan, Sidney -Australia, etc.) than 30 people traveling to a US or Canadian city and patchou paying meals for everyone. :P
Melbourne, Australia :chrongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
hum... I guess this means you do not pay plane tickets very often then.... ;).
I looked it up and it would cost over AU$3000 to fly return to Paris. :)
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by azn angel on 12-16-2004 at 06:24 AM

omg (I) why not come to Queensland Australia, go to the whitsundays! dude..Plus! convention with snokerling! :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Weyzza on 12-16-2004 at 06:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
patchou should come to California(United States) *cough* Hanford *cough* :dodgy: chicken stuck in my throat :p
Hanford???
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT...s&new=1&name=&qty=

It's in the middle of nowhere :chrongue:

LA is better.
Unfortunately, Americans use AIM for instant messaging.
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-16-2004 at 08:01 AM

To Be honest, I don't think it would ever happen.. If he did ever come to england and invite people, I'd be there like a shot with stigmata if Patchou allows us to go and meet him.... But the main thing I don't agree with in Paris is that he's buying food and drink, why is he paying for you when you didn't even pay for his software.. its insane.

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by kangie on 12-16-2004 at 09:48 AM

cos hes a nice person who likes doing stuff for the community whos supported him? 

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Underlord on 12-16-2004 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
To Be honest, I don't think it would ever happen.. If he did ever come to england and invite people, I'd be there like a shot with stigmata if Patchou allows us to go and meet him.... But the main thing I don't agree with in Paris is that he's buying food and drink, why is he paying for you when you didn't even pay for his software.. its insane.
Alot of them are making an effort to get there, so he is showing his appeciation of them by buying them a meal :).
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Wabz on 12-16-2004 at 10:20 AM

Well Patchou doesn't need to be there really, I'm sure people would like to meet the likes of me, wtbw , Time, Zero1, Zipp, and Sean in the UK.  I know there all not forum members here but there all involved in the messenger community

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by kangie on 12-16-2004 at 04:24 PM

isnt ZiPP dutch? :/ please dont tell me ive been thinking that for 2years, and its not true..... :lol: and aye to what you said wabz... i know ppl like you, alot better than i know patchou, i wouldnt have anything to say to him :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by GiantSpider on 12-16-2004 at 04:31 PM

Yeah I agree with Wabz. A little get together even without Patch would be good. I'd be up for that.

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-16-2004 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Yeah I agree with Wabz. A little get together even without Patch would be good. I'd be up for that.

Yeah, I'd be up for that too, but to be honest, it should be properly organised and stuff so that we don't get there and have no idea what we are going to do, we'd also need to organise a meeting place there are 3 places I'd be willing to go (the preferred ones are in bold):
  • Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire
  • Birmingham
  • London

If anyone would be willing to go to any of them please post, and I'd meet up with you probably anyway, as long as you are a regular forum member and I trust you :grin:
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by TheBlasphemer on 12-16-2004 at 04:39 PM

GUYS! We can't expect Patchou to travel all over the world just to have some meetings?
He's a human being too, you know?
Patchou already had to be in Paris for other stuff, and me and wtbw arranged to meet.
We later came with the idea that other people might want to meet too, so we invited everyone over.
Don't think Patchou is coming to Paris just to meet some persons of the community, wtbw and I don't live near paris either...
Just be happy if you're able to come to paris, and if you can't then that's just pity... YOU want to meet Patchou, so why should Patchou come to you? if you want to meet him, you do the travelling :P

That's just my two cents though...

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by GiantSpider on 12-16-2004 at 04:42 PM

quote:
  • Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire
  • Birmingham

Lazy Arse

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
GUYS! We can't expect Patchou to travel all over the world just to have some meetings?
Patchou already had to be in Paris for other stuff, and me and wtbw arranged to meet.
We later came with the idea that other people might want to meet too, so we invited everyone over.
Don't think Patchou is coming to Paris just to meet some persons of the community, wtbw and I don't live near paris either...
Just be happy if you're able to come to paris, and if you can't then that's just pity... YOU want to meet Patchou, so why should Patchou come to you? if you want to meet him, you do the travelling

Amen!
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-16-2004 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Just be happy if you're able to come to paris, and if you can't then that's just pity... YOU want to meet Patchou, so why should Patchou come to you? if you want to meet him, you do the travelling :P

That's just my two cents though...

^o)

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
Well Patchou doesn't need to be there really, I'm sure people would like to meet the likes of me, wtbw , Time, Zero1, Zipp, and Sean in the UK.  I know there all not forum members here but there all involved in the messenger community
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider

:p

Its already been said that we don't need to get patchou to be there at all, we could just do a plus! user meet up and it would suffice. I'm sure Patchou appreciates all of the fuss anyway ;).
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by GiantSpider on 12-16-2004 at 04:46 PM

We'll get on the phone to Morissey: see if he can't finance a world tour out of his own pocket.............

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by saralk on 12-16-2004 at 05:36 PM

why dont we start a fund to pay for plane tickets to fly patchou around the word?

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-16-2004 at 05:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
why dont we start a fund to pay for plane tickets to fly patchou around the word?

Yeah, that would be cool I suppose, good Idea, we could set up a paypal account or something, and get people to donate to the Messenger Plus! World Tour, that way, he wouldn't be out of pocket for the plane tickets at all.. nice idea saral.. I'm up for putting a link on my site, if someone is willing to create a small site for the 'messenger plus! world tour fund', and we could fly Patchou around the world, and if we make enough, which is a possibility, set up accomodation for Patchou.

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by MessEnGer on 12-16-2004 at 06:34 PM

Why don't we just install the sponsor program and ask our friends to do the same so that patchou gets more money and travels around more :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Millenium_edition on 12-16-2004 at 06:35 PM

quote:
I had the idea :refuck:
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by saralk on 12-16-2004 at 07:06 PM

quote:
quote:

Yeah, that would be cool I suppose, good Idea, we could set up a paypal account or something, and get people to donate to the Messenger Plus! World Tour, that way, he wouldn't be out of pocket for the plane tickets at all.. nice idea saral.. I'm up for putting a link on my site, if someone is willing to create a small site for the 'messenger plus! world tour fund', and we could fly Patchou around the world, and if we make enough, which is a possibility, set up accomodation for Patchou.

ill set the site up, in a day or two
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-16-2004 at 07:10 PM

quote:

Cool Saral, you need temporary hosting or not?
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Stigmata on 12-16-2004 at 07:14 PM

:o wtf wait a second mate.....

patchou has a life outside plus....

and to be perfectly honest....

what would the conversation be like......

'hey can i see some of you uber l33t source code'
'hey did you read that thread'

unless say, you speak to him regualy on messenger or something i dont realy see the point :S

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-16-2004 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

patchou has a life outside plus....

and to be perfectly honest....

what would the conversation be like......

unless say, you speak to him regualy on messenger or something i dont realy see the point :S

Chance to get to know the real patchou and meet an uber speshul guy lol.. :)..

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by saralk on 12-16-2004 at 07:20 PM

its like how there are fan clubs of popular music artists that meet up from time to time, and the artist that they like usually go anyway.

I'd like to meet a lot of the forum members, and if Patchou came, it'd be a bonus.

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by kangie on 12-16-2004 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
patchou has a life outside plus, and to be perfectly honest ,what would the conversation be like......

same, thats what i was trying to say earlier :P and tbh, i dont know that many ppl on the forums... so i wouldnt go to a big gathering...

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by user27089 on 12-16-2004 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kangie
i dont know that many ppl on the forums... so i wouldnt go to a big gathering...

Regardless if you don't know us very well, you're always welcome to come and meet up with us if you please.. have a mcdonalds.. you know!

Saral, if you get a domain, that would be great and stuff :).

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by kangie on 12-16-2004 at 09:11 PM

hehe! ty :P but it would have to be in scotland, or nearish... cos its pretty expensive to get to london :P and its a long way.... n takes like 4-5hrs

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by CookieRevised on 12-17-2004 at 07:41 AM

Erm... about that paypal account, with all respect, but I don't like a 14/15-year old in charge of something like that. Also it isn't "transparent": we don't know what will be done with the money. Not that I don't trust you personally, but this isn't something which can be taken lightly like "oh, let's make a paypal account, it is cool"...

If someone is going to do it, it should be someone well trusted and old enough and very close to Patchou (if not Patchou himself), like..... Fraisie...

The idea is nice though. But as Kangie and others also pointed out, Patchou isn't our property. We can't go demanding that he comes to there and there. He has a life too (going to Disneyland and watching anime and all :P) The reason why there is a meeting at the 27th is because he happens to be in Paris anyways. Also about the locations: If you want him to "travel the world" then pick places which are further appart. What I mean is London and Paris is as good as the same place (on a world scale). Why not each capital of every country in that case (actually.... lol... nah...)?

(it's not because I'm very lucky and being able to go to Paris that I say this though, it is just... being realistic)

But as said, the prinicpal idea is nice though and food for thought...

my 3 1/2 cents...
;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by XM4ST3RX on 12-17-2004 at 10:26 AM

Hi Guys,

quote:
Originally posted by Wabz

Yeah, good idea.... Patchou would be very more than welcome, but if he cant make it, it doesnt stop us from going still... we could still have a great time :).

Could Wabz and CookieRevised please PM me your contact details please and maybe we could arrange a gathering for sometime short next year... maybe March, April or May or something.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by Millenium_edition on 12-17-2004 at 09:51 PM

I think you all lost the meaning of these meetings, which is after all to see patchou in real, i mean, it's an experience... It's not a business meeting or something :-/

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by marissa on 12-17-2004 at 10:36 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

where'd patchou even say he'd be traveling the world? Dont go setting up something you're  not even sure will happen. :p
RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by MSG!FAN on 12-18-2004 at 05:12 AM

quote:
hehe! ty but it would have to be in scotland, or nearish... cos its pretty expensive to get to london and its a long way.... n takes like 4-5hrs

If u think that is long...MINE TAKES 24 HRS!!!!!AND IT COSTS ALOT 4 YUR INFO..MAYB ARD S$4K++ JUST 4 THE AIRFARE...AND THAT IS EXCLUDING TAXES AND ACCOMODATION!!!!btw im a child..and if a child's ticket costs that much..imagine an adult ticket!!!|-)|-)|-):^):^):^)*-)*-)*-)8-)8-)8-)(N)(N)(N)

RE: Messenger Plus! Gatherings! by kangie on 12-18-2004 at 10:58 AM

ummmm.... calm down msg!fan!!! i was only saying... god :/
dont go then.... why not see if patchou would be going nearer to you? would make a bit more sense tbh.... and im not sure if the invitation would be open for ppl who are too young.... cos someone would have to be appointed to be responsible, and i doubt parents would let it happen...