Shoutbox

For Mac? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: For Mac? (/showthread.php?tid=35683)

For Mac? by Nalliac on 12-16-2004 at 03:51 AM

Does anyone know weather there is a planned release for MSN Messenger Plus for Mac.

Thanks

RE: For Mac? by Guido on 12-16-2004 at 04:34 AM

No, there is not. Unfortunately it's not possible due to the lack of a proper API (the way Msgplus accesses Windows' MSN Messenger) in the Mac version of MSN Messenger, and more importantly due to the lack of a Macintosh in Patchou's house and the lack of knowledge he has regarding OSX, let alone programming for it. :P

RE: For Mac? by Patchou on 12-16-2004 at 07:17 AM

Yep, sorry... last time I used a Mac, it took me 15 minutes to understand how to browse the web :p. I'm really a Windows guy :).

RE: For Mac? by Sylvain on 01-05-2005 at 08:54 AM

MDR !!! all you have to do is to invert all buttons (close a window is on the left) and to make a right-click, press ctrl + click !
it's intuitive of course !

to browse the web, now macOSX come directly with IE, it's not PC but it's microsoft in fact ;-)

RE: For Mac? by matty on 01-05-2005 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvain
MDR !!! all you have to do is to invert all buttons (close a window is on the left) and to make a right-click, press ctrl + click !
it's intuitive of course !

to browse the web, now macOSX come directly with IE, it's not PC but it's microsoft in fact ;-)
Ok I will give you a break because you are new but please refrain from bringing up old threads. This was not a thread asking how to do things on a Mac it was a thread asking for Messenger Plus! to be coded on a Mac which is next to impossible because there is no API for Messenger. Patchou was stating a reason why he is a Windows user and sharing past experiences with a Mac. Please read over the entire thread before posting and check out the forum rules at http://shoutbox.menthix.net/rules.html
RE: For Mac? by Sylvain on 01-05-2005 at 09:34 AM

ok, scuse me, it was just a little anecdote i have discussed with patchou :-)