Shoutbox

Custom Animated Emoticons Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Custom Animated Emoticons Help (/showthread.php?tid=35691)

Custom Animated Emoticons Help by J.J on 12-16-2004 at 01:44 PM

I can't seem to get 90% of the custom animated emoticons i want to animate in msn 7.0 to work

I have no idea why they wont work!!! :(

All i do is save the animation then add it to my msn emoticons like i would any other emoticon

What am i doing something wrong???

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by Sunshine on 12-16-2004 at 01:52 PM

I've noticed something buggy with it aswell. For me it only allows me to add one animated emoticon per sign in session. But i assume it's because MSN 7 is still in beta, so we gotta live with it.

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by J.J on 12-17-2004 at 11:49 AM

But the thing is, i can download animated emoticons and they will add just fine, but its when i save the animated emoticon and try to add it when it doesn't work...

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by Sunshine on 12-17-2004 at 12:35 PM

I suggest reporting it to MSN: Help > send feedback
I've done so myself too, they can't fix what they don't know right ;)

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by J.J on 12-18-2004 at 11:27 AM

Yeh true, ill send them an email now

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by JedeyeNite on 12-19-2004 at 08:47 PM

Its's all to do with the .gif your adding. Most animated gifs are set up to loop indefinatly, and msn doesn't like these (for whatever reason) and doesn't play the animation.
However if you modify the gif to loop, say, 30,000 times then the animation will play perfectly :)

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by J.J on 12-20-2004 at 09:54 AM

How do you do that?

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by Eljay on 12-20-2004 at 11:39 AM

custom animated emos work perfectly for me in msn 7 and i have never had one that doesnt animate so i dont see what the problem is. if the problem is with the looping tho, then its not a problem in msn, its a problem with the actual gif itself.

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by Anubis on 12-20-2004 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lappin
How do you do that?
You need software like Jasc Animation shop...if you don't have it installed, I'll change the image if you want...just attach it
RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by J.J on 12-20-2004 at 12:36 PM

I was trying to get some of these in my msn, but i found a pack of animated emoticons and they worked fine when i downloaded them, so i forgot about these...

http://users.telenet.be/Dr_Deadeye/ipb/

The above animations i was having problems with when putting them in my msn, can somebody see if they work on their msn and it isnt just me :P

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by x master r on 12-20-2004 at 02:37 PM

[color=red][size=4][font=Times New Roman]all the animated emoticons i youst workt just fine[Image: rocknana.gif]

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by J.J on 12-21-2004 at 01:57 AM

aww well, doesn't matter...ill just use the smiley central ones :P

Thanks for your help everybody

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by lizard.boy on 12-21-2004 at 02:11 AM

just so you know smily central is full of adware/spyware

RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by J.J on 12-21-2004 at 02:15 AM

yeh i know, which is why i dont download it, i just get the emoticons from other people who already have it :P

RE: RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by LIMEPOWDER on 12-21-2004 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
just so you know smily central is full of adware/spyware

I in stalled the smilely central and it's quite good, and i dont see any POP ups... i ran ad aware and Negative results.... it even comes with a POPUP blocker,
MAybe you think the  really EXTRA features are to much and you call it adware...spyware...^o)^o)^o)
RE: Custom Animated Emoticons Help by Sunshine on 12-21-2004 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LIMEPOWDER
I in stalled the smilely central and it's quite good, and i dont see any POP ups... i ran ad aware and Negative results.... it even comes with a POPUP blocker,
MAybe you think the  really EXTRA features are to much and you call it adware...spyware...^o)^o)^o)
Didn't you notice it installs a searchbar...and if you remove that you won't be able to use smileycentral emoticons anymore? Also the emoticons are stored on their server :mipdodgy: