Shoutbox

New adress locked at first use... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: New adress locked at first use... (/showthread.php?tid=35704)

New adress locked at first use... by Lililou on 12-16-2004 at 07:59 PM

Hello !
i have a problem by using MSN Messenger with a new adress that i just created. When i try to open Messenger, i have the following message :

You have made too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts with an incorrect password for: ...@hotmail.com

Microsoft .NET Passport has made your account temporarily unavailable to help prevent other users from guessing or obtaining your password.

You can:

Wait a few moments and then try to sign in again.
Reset your password if you can't remember it.

I can't reset my password because my adress has been locked. I don't understand : i never used this adress and i'm sure the password was the right one... I tryed to write to the Contact three times but i never had an answer... Does anybody here already had the same problem? What can i do?  Thank you for helping me !

RE: New adress locked at first use... by user27089 on 12-17-2004 at 06:45 PM

Maybe you should try and change your passport or something, so that you have a new one, therefore you don't have the problem anymore, I don't think that there are any laws against having multiple accounts for hotmail..

Or

You could send hotmail an email somehow and they should be able to sort something out for you.

RE: New adress locked at first use... by kangie on 12-17-2004 at 10:11 PM

you can have as many hotmail accounts  as  you want.... withing reason i guess :P  and lililou, try waiting 24hrs and then trying again :) if it still dosnt work, THEN contact microsoft

RE: New adress locked at first use... by goofy_guy on 12-27-2004 at 02:24 PM

oh no, some weird people do this to people, they have frozen your account and you wont be able to access it until they un-freeze it, it has happened to me, you just have to get a new account

RE: New adress locked at first use... by John Anderton on 12-27-2004 at 02:39 PM

No u don't just wait for 24 hours as kangie said then it'll probably work if not then contact msn. Still not working ?? then make a new account.
This happened to my bro at yahoo but got fixed after 24 hrs.

quote:
Originally posted by goofy_guy
oh no, some weird people do this to people, they have frozen your account and you wont be able to access it until they un-freeze it, it has happened to me, you just have to get a new account

RE: New adress locked at first use... by Replicarter on 12-27-2004 at 06:59 PM

Its not fixed to 24 hours, when people use program like IceCold to feeeze your account it gets frozen for 15 mins, but the program then does it again and it gets frozen for another 15 mins again and again, and you wont be able to access it again until they stop, there is no fixed 24 hour time untill it works, they could carry on doing it to your account for days on end if they wanted to waste that much time.