Shoutbox

Custom emoticons in nickname - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Custom emoticons in nickname (/showthread.php?tid=35714)

Custom emoticons in nickname by EeEk! on 12-17-2004 at 01:53 AM

I wanna post an idea..... This is my first post btw :P. Well,  why don't patchou       try to put custom emoticons in the nickname on a future msg plus?  Maybe will be fun :)

RE: Custom emoticons in nickname by .blade// on 12-17-2004 at 01:59 AM

Firstly, this should be in MsgPlus! General Chat.
Secondly: This would be very hard to do, if not impossible because custom emote.s aren't transfered until the chat window and different ppl have different shortcuts (e.g. :happy: could be a cusom :D for one person and :| for another :P). Also, I don't think protocal allows for this kind of thing.

RE: Custom emoticons in nickname by kangie on 12-17-2004 at 06:08 AM

mmm.... would be such a good thng to have :P but i dont think it would be possible to do it any other way than to do it usingyour personal shortcuts, but then no-one would see them :P

RE: Custom emoticons in nickname by matty on 12-17-2004 at 06:39 AM

Due to limitations on the MSN Messenger Protocol this cannot and will not be implemented unless Microsoft implements them itself.

And they probably will not do this; but if they do, they will have a limitation on the amount you can use or else you could really lag someones PC.

RE: Custom emoticons in nickname by Jhrono on 12-18-2004 at 11:35 PM

yes there would be a lot of lag...like evbdy would have at least 1 of those in the nick...well i've got 88 contacts imagine 88 images downloading at the same time and downloading each time they change their nick..:S

RE: Custom emoticons in nickname by kangie on 12-19-2004 at 12:05 AM

its a shame tho :( i guess the like, idea of having them actual pics, and not a shortcut would be too hard to impliment, cos that way, youd just have to d/l the small pic, but i guess there would be just as much lag...

RE: Custom emoticons in nickname by Purity on 12-19-2004 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EeEk!
I wanna post an idea..... This is my first post btw :P. Well,  why don't patchou       try to put custom emoticons in the nickname on a future msg plus?  Maybe will be fun :)
This has been suggested many times and it is very unlikely that it would/can/will be implemented.