Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Is it possible to show the contact's last DisplayName used? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Is it possible to show the contact's last DisplayName used? (/showthread.php?tid=35715)

[Suggestion] Is it possible to show the contact's last DisplayName used? by XICO2KX on 12-17-2004 at 02:53 AM

Hi! :)
I was just wondering... *-)

Is it possible to show the last Display Name used by a person? :P
I mean... The last name the person used before going offline... Is it possible to show that name even if the person is currently offline? 8-)
Can that information be retrieved from the MSN Servers? ^o)

I'm asking this because sometimes, when a person adds us to their contact list, we recieve the usual pop-up message asking us if we also want to add that person, and it also shows his/her last used Display Name, even if that person is currently offline... :^)

Example: "My Display Name (myname@hotmail.com) has added you to his/her contact list. Do you want to: (...)"

If this could be done, it would be a really nice new feature for Messenger Plus!!!! :D ;) (H) (Y)

See ya! :)

RE: [Suggestion] Is it possible to show the contact's last DisplayName used? by Underlord on 12-17-2004 at 03:12 AM

It isn't possible for Messenger Plus! to retreive the last used display name from a MSN server, sorry.