Shoutbox

Messenger Discovery problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Messenger Discovery problem (/showthread.php?tid=35740)

Messenger Discovery problem by ChrisS on 12-17-2004 at 07:09 PM

i insalled messenger discover but "options" is greyed out
iv resarted messenger, re-installed msgdiscov. but no joy

Could it have anything 2 do with:
i)i chose not 2 install the sponser prog.
ii) im using msn 7 beta

Thanks In Advance
Chris   

RE: Messenger Discovery problem by user27089 on 12-17-2004 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by www.messengerdiscovery.com
MessengerDiscovery is a popular MSN Messenger 6.2 add-on. It adds over 70 new features such as:

I'm afraid that it is compatible with 6.2 and nothing else afaik, and the optional sponsor won't affect the overall outcome of what the software runs like.
RE: Messenger Discovery problem by red3vil on 12-18-2004 at 08:46 AM

i had the same problem, it seemed when i removed my windows theme to work allright again...
i asked this btw in another section of this forum and if i'm right it allso added to the F.A.Q. of messenger discovery on their site.

RE: Messenger Discovery problem by christagar on 02-27-2005 at 04:19 AM

i can not run this program , because my firewall keeps saying there is a virus in there ,and deletes it. so what's up with that.

RE: Messenger Discovery problem by matty on 02-27-2005 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by christagar
i can not run this program , because my firewall keeps saying there is a virus in there ,and deletes it. so what's up with that.
It is probably because of the sponsor program in the installer as well. Disable your Anti Virus based part of the Firewall and reinstall it. Also please refrain from bring up old threads. (This could have been a new one).
RE: RE: Messenger Discovery problem by linx05 on 02-27-2005 at 05:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
It is probably because of the sponsor program in the installer as well. Disable your Anti Virus based part of the Firewall and reinstall it. Also please refrain from bring up old threads. (This could have been a new one).

Aren't we supposed to search for the old threads? Instead of creating a new one?
RE: Messenger Discovery problem by Purity on 02-27-2005 at 05:37 AM

Either goto Help & Support forums of Messenger Discovery
http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?s=966497...356eeb0&act=SF&f=3

Or goto this thread:
http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?act=ST&f...97b588705e7356eeb0
Thsi thread explains the most common problems with MD. :)

This is something I just found:

quote:
Guy with problem: I can't access the options window
FireBall: type !options into the conversation window
Guy with problem: THANK YOU!

Oh ya, and PS Messenger Discovery is not compatible with 7.0 yet, will be released in mid-March same time with the new MSN Messenger, people have already pointed this out I see....:P
RE: Messenger Discovery problem by aNILEator on 02-27-2005 at 09:46 PM

last time i heard/saw of MD it had 5 working features with MSN7 yet earlier it boasted to have over 70 new features. I doubt that this will be possible before April at least.

Earlier it boasted to have skins, webcam recording and more

I'm intrigued and hope that it can redeem itself from its previous not so good history

RE: Messenger Discovery problem by Purity on 02-28-2005 at 12:29 AM

Well, it's being recoded, and there are 70 features plus 32 new features, I am not aloud to say what kinds of features there is gonna be, but you should be very impressed, by the screenies i've seen I think this will be very awsome.  MD does have a very bad history most of it is because of how buggy it is, cause it is coded in VB :Dodgy:, but the new version is being completely recoded in C++. :)

RE: Messenger Discovery problem by matty on 02-28-2005 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Aren't we supposed to search for the old threads? Instead of creating a new one?
The reson I said it could have been a new thread is because it had nothing to do with the problem. It is a totally seperate issue. But whatever.