Shoutbox

Forum suggestion. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Forum suggestion. (/showthread.php?tid=35750)

Forum suggestion. by matty on 12-18-2004 at 12:08 AM

This is pretty interesting with my little idea here.

Dynamically you can change the CSS of a page in HTML so here is my suggestion. When seleting the layout for a forum like the different styles when a different one is selected how about changing the CSS of the page so the user can see what it looks like without having to update it and then go back into the preferences to change it.

RE: Forum suggestion. by WDZ on 12-18-2004 at 05:01 AM

That sounds like a suggestion for the MyBB developers. :-/

MyBB RC2 doesn't use pure CSS like RC4 (some things that vary based on theme are not controlled by CSS, but rather just HTML). Also, we don't have separate stylesheets for each theme. Those 2 facts would make this feature difficult to implement here.

RE: Forum suggestion. by Hank on 12-18-2004 at 05:12 AM

thats what i thought it'd be a suggestion for myBB as WDZS doesnt have any Control himself to do this,

RE: Forum suggestion. by matty on 12-18-2004 at 05:30 AM

I messaged fishy on msn but haven't got a reply, mind you i messaged him shortly after i posted this

RE: Forum suggestion. by Hank on 12-18-2004 at 05:51 AM

Great Suggestion though :)

RE: Forum suggestion. by Mike on 12-18-2004 at 07:22 AM

Yeah, I like this idea :)
IPB has it too.

RE: Forum suggestion. by Eljay on 12-18-2004 at 08:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
thats what i thought it'd be a suggestion for myBB as WDZS doesnt have any Control himself to do this,
he does have control to do this himself,  he could easily make a script to do it, but thats where the laziness comes in.........(A)
RE: Forum suggestion. by WDZ on 12-18-2004 at 08:07 AM

I edited my post above. Please re-read. :p

RE: Forum suggestion. by surfichris on 12-18-2004 at 08:43 PM

Part of the problem is that not everything is controlled by CSS. Even in RC4. You have the table borders/spacing as well as the images directory which make it pretty hard to do something like this -and is it really worth that amount of time?

RE: Forum suggestion. by user27089 on 12-18-2004 at 09:43 PM

Its a good idea, but I don't really think its worth it to be honest, just a waste of time in the end :-/.