Shoutbox

multiple audio chats - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: multiple audio chats (/showthread.php?tid=35783)

multiple audio chats by nuklep1 on 12-19-2004 at 12:13 AM

is it possible to do multiple audio chats by installing msg plus?

I was trying to find it in the options but did not find anything

If its not possible.  I think this feature will be really helpful, if it is possible to impliment.

RE: multiple audio chats by kangie on 12-19-2004 at 12:32 AM

umm... its not possible at the moment with plus... and i dont know if it will ever be in it :)

RE: multiple audio chats by Jhrono on 12-19-2004 at 04:14 PM

9i think plus has no power in that only messenger could change (i think)

RE: multiple audio chats by kangie on 12-19-2004 at 06:51 PM

yep  :)  it would have to be done by msn

RE: multiple audio chats by KAKAROT on 12-21-2004 at 11:05 AM

It would be good to have a chat with a few ppl. But anyone on 56k would get pwnt.

RE: multiple audio chats by Anubis on 12-21-2004 at 11:18 AM

Messenger, atm, only supports IP2IP audio chats; this means a direct link between computers via the internet. It's not likely you can hack the connection to work between a few computers. Maybe if they all connected to the sender of the chat and that computer acted like a server relaying audio between computers, that may stop any bad LAG on others...But it's not possible, atm...

RE: multiple audio chats by flukemanguy on 12-23-2004 at 10:48 AM

Im not to sure about this but you could try experimenting with a MultiMSN patch and sign in on different accounts??

RE: multiple audio chats by KAKAROT on 12-24-2004 at 05:49 AM

wait up... can't you do one of those MSN conference things?

My friend said she had an audio/video convo thing with a whole bunch of her friends about a uni project.

RE: multiple audio chats by matty on 12-24-2004 at 06:47 AM

MSN Messenger 7 allows you to have an audio conversation (or conferance as it is now known) with a group of people in ONE conversation. Microsoft has yet to incorporate the ability to have more then one audio conversation with more then one contact in seperate conversations because the device is in use already even though it is MSN Messenger that is using the device. What would end up happening is everyone you are having an audio conversation with would here you talking to the others and there is no way to mute a Microphone on Windows and still be able to use it. It just can't be done.