Shoutbox

Encryption problem! Can't open my logs! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Encryption problem! Can't open my logs! (/showthread.php?tid=35818)

Encryption problem! Can't open my logs! by Lauri on 12-19-2004 at 05:01 PM

PLEASE HELP!! I WENT INTO MESSENGER PLUS' PREFERENCES AND I PUT A PASSWORD ON MY LOGS...when i go in my folder where all the logs are, i double-click on each log and i can't open them. Even my password is not asked..it just flashes and stays closed. :( i know i can open those logs if i remove the password, but i want my logs to be protected with a password coz we're 4 on the computer!! PLEASE help!

Lauri

RE: ENCRYPTION PROBLEM!CAN'T OPEN MY LOGSSS by kangie on 12-19-2004 at 05:27 PM

try removing the password, opening a log just to check they will open, and then re-adding a password...  then say if its still not working

RE: ENCRYPTION PROBLEM!CAN'T OPEN MY LOGSSS by Lauri on 12-19-2004 at 06:31 PM

yep i've already done that...but it still isn't working..i tried removing the password, the log opened, then i returned in the preferences, put back my password, and the log didn't open..it's odd coz they even don't ask for the password..it just doesn't do anything when i "double-click" on the log.. :S

do u know anything else i could do..?

RE: ENCRYPTION PROBLEM!CAN'T OPEN MY LOGSSS by Plik on 12-19-2004 at 06:39 PM

Try right clicking on the log and going to "Open with" and opening it with notepad.
If its is random junk then plus has encrypted your log, and the reason you can read them must be a bug in plus, in which case try re-installing plus.
If it is readable then your logs havnt been encypted when you set the password. This might be a bug or the normal behavior of plus.

RE: ENCRYPTION PROBLEM!CAN'T OPEN MY LOGSSS by kangie on 12-19-2004 at 06:40 PM

nope:/ well... i guess actually, that in a way, your logs are locked, youll just have to remove the pass in the preferences when you want to read them, and add it when you dont want them to be read... what happens if you have a convo window open, and go to the plus! menu there, and click Open chat log? do they open with the pass on? n do they ask for a pass?

RE: ENCRYPTION PROBLEM!CAN'T OPEN MY LOGSSS by Lauri on 12-19-2004 at 07:09 PM

Thanx to you 2 for your answers..and thanx again to u Kangie coz opening the chat log from the conversation window works !!
you're nice have a great day:P

thanx to u too madman..u deserve a great day too;)!

chow!

RE: ENCRYPTION PROBLEM!CAN'T OPEN MY LOGSSS by kangie on 12-19-2004 at 10:21 PM

Glad to have been able to help!