Shoutbox

Why didi you choise your name? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Why didi you choise your name? (/showthread.php?tid=35851)

Why didi you choise your name? by Penderrin on 12-20-2004 at 04:12 PM

I chose Penderrin because he's the main character in some of Terry Brooks's books

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by user27089 on 12-20-2004 at 04:23 PM

I choose traxor because me and Stigmata were in lesson and I wanted an alias, so we were writing loads of names in the back of my french book and I chose trax, I had that for a while, then I used it and it got hacked, then I chose traxor.. and here I am.. i chose traxor cause my mate was hosted by someone who had 'trax' in their url :)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by GiantSpider on 12-20-2004 at 04:27 PM

I'm Spider cos i'm obsessed by them.

Not really it was a MSN auto generator.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by x2zen on 12-20-2004 at 04:28 PM

Mine is simple. A. stands for Anders, my real name is Anders Madsen :P I allso have a middle name, but who cares about that ;)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by ZrednaZ on 12-20-2004 at 04:34 PM

ZrednaZ is more or less my name (Anders) spelled backwards...

With a few added Z's ;)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by -dt- on 12-20-2004 at 05:11 PM

dt is something i used to be called in starcraft and i need the - otherwise i couldnt register so yea :P

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Anubis on 12-20-2004 at 05:33 PM

Anubis, a feared ancient Egyptian god who looks like a jackal, feared because they skulk around graveyards at night...just like me :p
Nah, it's just because it sounds cool as an alias and he was a feared ancient Egyptian god...

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by EeEk! on 12-20-2004 at 06:13 PM

Mmm...Nothing in my mind that second. Eeek!..... it  looks like the sound when someone step on a roach :P.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Eljay on 12-20-2004 at 06:17 PM

Lee Jeffery is my real name but im too lazy to type caps and a space in my name when i log in so it became.......DUN DUN DUN!!!!!! leejeffery :)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Jhrono on 12-20-2004 at 06:34 PM

Johny mostly 'cause my name is joćo and joćo in english is john...plus the y...the y must come when i saw johnny bravo :lol:

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by _Humphreys on 12-20-2004 at 07:07 PM

Well look a bit above to this thread and you will see this thread : http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=7260

A thread to introduce yourself and to say why you chose your forum name. :P

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Pr0xY on 12-20-2004 at 08:52 PM

Entered in my real name in a "Hacker Name Generator" on mess.be, and got "pr0xy_nuk3r"... then acouple months ago I just dropped the end cause I didn't like it. 

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Menthix on 12-20-2004 at 09:39 PM

I was bored at school and decided to make up a name that was unique (read: no known at google). Came up with MenthiX, your personal mounth freshness :P.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by gnownoskcid on 12-20-2004 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
ZrednaZ is more or less my name (Anders) spelled backwards...

With a few added Z's ;)
O.o cuz gnownoskcid is my name spelt backwards!
RE: Why didi you choise your name? by J.J on 12-21-2004 at 01:51 AM

Mines lappin because hes a great Australian league football player for the carlton football club :D

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by FrozernFire on 12-21-2004 at 03:32 AM

when gunbound came up with game ID that's different from login ID, i wanted something lame so there's my name. the extra R was by mistake but my name is unique

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by sock on 12-21-2004 at 04:08 AM

[boring-story]

One day I was feeling down so I temporarily changed my nickname on IRC to LifeSucks (I've had lots of strange nicknames changing every few weeks before that). After a day or so I decided to change it to Sucks for some reason. :| Then it soon became Socks.

I think I sticked with that for a few weeks, and tried Sox too, but I was annoyed by the fact "Socks's" and "Sox's" look so ugly, so I finally changed it to Sock. Some time later, I tried the lowercase sock and I liked it, and I just never changed it again. I've probably had it for over 5 years now.

A few months ago I decided to change it again, but nobody wanted me to because they've all become accustomed to it, so I finally just dropped the idea. Although, I started using my real name as my username in some places instead of "sock".

[/boring-story]

There is, however, some dark hidden psychological reason for me sticking to that nickname, I believe. But that is for me to know and for you to wonder.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by L. Coyote on 12-21-2004 at 05:02 AM

I decided to change this post, since I changed my nick.

Leo is my zodiac sign. There. :P

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by ~INVASION~ on 12-21-2004 at 05:24 AM

well I picked the INVASION part because of dj green lanterns mixes. he is eminems dj and my favourite beat of his is Invasion pt.2
and then the squigly lines came in just because i thought it needed a little something to center it out and make it look neater

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by kangie on 12-21-2004 at 05:39 AM

i didnt "choicse" my name, it was given to me by ppl on the old mess.be, because it sounded nicer than Kangaroo

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by TylerG on 12-21-2004 at 05:50 AM

My reason is pretty boring... My name is tyler and my last innitial is G.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by matty on 12-21-2004 at 07:37 AM

To all my friends I am Matty, not Matt or Matthew, but Matty and thats why cause its my nickname.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Twan on 12-21-2004 at 02:06 PM

my real name is Antwan but Twan is shorter to type  thats why :P

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by John Anderton on 12-21-2004 at 02:36 PM

My name is the name (more or less) of Tom Cruise in the futuristic "Sci-Fi" "Minority Report". So thats how i got my name. And proxy where did ya get that name generator. Is it a file or from the web. Do U have the url cause your name is really kool.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by _Humphreys on 12-21-2004 at 02:40 PM

The Hacker name generator in question is : http://www.mess.be/inickgenhacker.php

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Hussain36 on 12-22-2004 at 05:07 PM

why did I choose my name...???
*-)
Because it's my real name "Hussain AL-Dubaisi"... :P and I don't know why I choose this No.36 ...!!!

Hussain36**

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Fergy on 12-22-2004 at 06:19 PM

Fergy is a part of my last name

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Ginger on 12-23-2004 at 01:46 AM

Well my name used to be Classroom Devil which was just something really stupid me and my buds came up with

I switched to Ginger cus its what all my friends call me because i always have red hair, simple as that

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Stephen on 12-23-2004 at 08:56 PM

My name is Stephen so.. simple. :D

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Titty on 12-23-2004 at 10:57 PM

^^ Stephen !..

To a certain extent, my Vietnamese name sounds like Titty. Hah.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by goofy_guy on 12-26-2004 at 02:36 AM

i chose goofy_guy coz i am the weirdest person you will ever meet (if you ever met me in person)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Vantage on 12-26-2004 at 02:48 AM

I chose the name Vantage because i have a guitar called "Vantage Advenger" and i only liked the Vantage part..im now known as Kelso in IRC when i go because Vantage was too long to type.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by princess_Sexi on 12-27-2004 at 01:54 AM

I Choice princess_Sexi because I am irish_king's princess and I'm sexi

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by paperless on 12-27-2004 at 02:04 AM

My name is paperless because one day... i didnt know which nickname  would use coz i was tired of manfred(i had that nickname before paperless that was the mamoth on ice age.... :dodgy: ) i wanted a nickname so i looked at the desk and saw a paper and added the less coz i threw it away so..  ***_| PaperLesS |_***

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by irish_king on 12-27-2004 at 02:09 AM

i chose mine, because i am half irish

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Stephen on 12-27-2004 at 02:27 PM

...and your a king? :d

RE: RE: Why didi you choise your name? by irish_king on 12-27-2004 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stephen
...and your a king? :d

i added the king part, cuz it sounded cool
RE: Why didi you choise your name? by antof05 on 01-21-2005 at 12:47 PM

Well I guess this would be my first post.... Anyway I chose this name because I'm called Anthony and I joined in 2005....(As you can all see)

Anthony

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Lilo on 01-21-2005 at 12:59 PM

I chose Lilo because i really like the movie Lilo&Stitch :P (which you probably already guessed ;))

Edit: i really like this thread, nice to know how people come up with their names ;)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by tralala on 01-21-2005 at 01:02 PM

cause i needed to think of something rather fast, and i really couldn't think of anything

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Phrive on 01-21-2005 at 01:36 PM

This is how i choose my name

"How are things in your little world, I hope they're going well and you are too. Do you still see the same old crowd, the ones who used to meet every Friday. I'm really sorry that I can't be there, but work comes first, I'm sure you'll understand. Things are really taking off for me business is thriving, and I'm showing a profit and.
And in any case it wouldn't be the same, 'cause we've all grown up and we've got our lives, and the values that we had once upon a time, seem stupid now 'cause the rent must be paid and some bonds severed and others made"

These are the lyrics from a song called burning sky, by and old 80's band who i adore called The Jam

I has always liked the meaning, too grow and get better, so i decided that would be my alias, i just added PH instead of TH, to make it more original

Ar first it was _-PhRiVe-_, but i decided that was very clishae, so it then became Phrive

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Wabz on 01-21-2005 at 02:01 PM

Wabz

Its a long story.  When I was a weeeee nipper in junior school I stuck to Whelan which is my actual second name.  These got changed to Weebles (After some kids toy) then to weebs , then to Wee Wabs then just to Wabs and then I came here and started spelling it with a Z instead of an S

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Tasha on 01-21-2005 at 02:51 PM

Mines Tasha coz thats my first name, and J is the initial of my last name

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by CookieRevised on 01-21-2005 at 03:06 PM

see the sticky thread introduction (and some other same threads on these forums)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Dempsey on 01-22-2005 at 12:04 AM

I chose mine becuase it's my surname and its what my mates have called me for years.  It first started cos there were a few people with the same first name as me, so it was easier to use surnames, but it just stuck with me and hardly anyone uses my firstname now.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by rav0 on 01-22-2005 at 11:53 PM

well my name is Ravneel and a friend (Tiffani) started calling me "ravo" and i was going to use it when registering my dottk but i thought it looked boring so i made it rav0 with a zero and it became an alias

PS the first time it is in this post i meant to type it with letter o but my fingers did id with a zero and i had to change it . . . wow

PPS i later found out that i couldnt have registered "ravo.tk" any way

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by xpirdwingz on 01-22-2005 at 11:58 PM

Err, i dunno really..I use to be angel_sweet in a chat for a while, then i kept getting asked about being hurt from falling from heaven :P (which was alright the first coupla times, lol) and then i grew up a bit, so i guess having expired wings show a different side, maybe..

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Stigmata on 01-23-2005 at 12:01 AM

was jackass_wanabe..

now im a movie :D

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by leito on 01-23-2005 at 12:08 AM

My friends call me Leo, because of my name Leonel, and my friends (girls) call me leito, because they are so cute! hahaha

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by jren207 on 01-23-2005 at 01:36 AM

Because it's my first name and lastname put together plus a number. ;)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Hank on 01-23-2005 at 01:55 AM

i chose the Nick Demandred Coz he's Used in book by an Author , cant think of his surname but his 1st name is Robert an also has the character Foresaken to :)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Moo on 01-23-2005 at 09:25 PM

Guillaume is my first name (Its spelled Ge-yom)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Concord Dawn on 01-23-2005 at 09:58 PM

I just chose my name by sticking Chaos with the first word I could think of. Shield for some odd reason, but still.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Veggie on 01-23-2005 at 10:01 PM

I am a vegetarian.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by toddy on 01-23-2005 at 10:02 PM

its my last name, well todd is

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by .blade// on 01-23-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
its my last name, well todd is

So you're "Mr. Todd"? :P

Never heard Todd as a last name, that's kind of cool :p
RE: Why didi you choise your name? by toddy on 01-23-2005 at 10:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
So you're "Mr. Todd

its "Sir Mr Todd" to you !!!!!

to everone else its toddy :P
RE: Why didi you choise your name? by dotNorma on 01-23-2005 at 11:06 PM

We have got to have about 9 of these threads :dodgy:

Anyhow , My originall nickname was Messenger_Plus! (About a year ago) but some forum members found it abit deceiving. New Members thought I created Messenger Plus! and so I decided to change it. I'm not very creative so NoName dawned.

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Salma92 on 01-25-2005 at 09:25 AM

Well, mine is a little stupid (Salma92) But Salma is my name, it might be weird (but it is only because I'm from ANOTHER PLANET)
and I was bord 1992 so I took the second part and put it with my name so it made up "Salma92"

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by user27089 on 01-26-2005 at 10:41 AM

I chose my name because me and stiggy mate up trax, but that got messed up, so I had to remake it and made traxor... :p...

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Edna Mode on 01-26-2005 at 10:58 AM

i chose mine because i love the incredibles

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by Penderrin on 01-31-2005 at 06:36 PM

is there anyone else?

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by John on 02-01-2005 at 11:00 AM

Jaguar - a nickname given to me when I was 8 years old while playing a game of basketball with my neighbours, because my favourite animal is the Jaguar :) (and Jaguar cars are just awesome!)

RE: Why didi you choise your name? by user13774 on 02-01-2005 at 11:39 AM

Yeah, I like Jaguar cars too :happy:

My real name is Mark and when I started to play Starcraft I also needed a nickname. First I came with Mark Mastermind or something like that... but hey, Markus, a 'Roman' version of Mark, sounds much better :P
In Warcraft III Markus was already taken :dodgy:, so I took Markus.B.. with the first letter of my last name...