Shoutbox

Share button? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Share button? (/showthread.php?tid=35857)

Share button? by Mike on 12-20-2004 at 06:54 PM

Hello.

Back in the good ol' days, when we were using windows messenger, Messenger Plus! could add a share button in the conversation window.
When msn6 was out, this feature was removed (however, it still exists in the menu).
Since Plus! can add a Plus! icon into a conversation window, why not add a share button too?
I think that people will use the share feature more often. (Patchou can know of the feature that sends what feature is used)

So what do you think? ;)

RE: Share button? by user27089 on 12-20-2004 at 06:55 PM

What exactly did the share button do? I can't recall ever using such a feature with plus!

RE: Share button? by andrey on 12-20-2004 at 07:03 PM

"share messenger plus!" maybe ?

RE: Share button? by Eljay on 12-20-2004 at 07:12 PM

its still there
click the plus icon on the formatting toolbar and then Share one of my files -> Messenger Plus!

RE: Share button? by matty on 12-20-2004 at 07:14 PM

The idea of adding an icon to the toolbar is not to crowd the toolbar. So adding a second but wont be done.

Plus! Icon > Share One Of My Files > Messenger Plus!

RE: Share button? by x2zen on 12-20-2004 at 07:16 PM

That button is still there with Plus! 3.25 on Messenger 5 (Download from: www.oldversion.com ;))

I remember Patchou saying why it was removed on MSN 6/7, but I cant remember what

RE: Share button? by andrey on 12-20-2004 at 07:23 PM

(i) just had an idea as alternative to this button: Why not add a feature to the /ping comand that if the pinged contact hasn't got Messenger Plus!, it automaticly asks you if you want to send it to your contact ? (of course it has to have an option to disable it)
What do you think ? :grin:

RE: Share button? by kangie on 12-20-2004 at 07:48 PM

i remember it, but id never use it... if i want to share, i go to "Send File", is exaclty the same tbh :) the share thing no-longer (if it ever did) has a use

RE: Share button? by matty on 12-21-2004 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
(i) just had an idea as alternative to this button: Why not add a feature to the /ping comand that if the pinged contact hasn't got Messenger Plus!, it automaticly asks you if you want to send it to your contact ? (of course it has to have an option to disable it)
What do you think ? :grin:
This has been disgussed multiple times and multiple different ways were brought about for checkng if the user has Plus! installed or not. Unfortunatly there isn;t anyway of knowing if Plus! is installed or not because the /ping command doesn't request information back. The remote computer does that itself if the shift or control keys are not held down or the option to reply to pings is checked.

Why not just say "Hey do you have the best MSN Messenger addon installed called Messenger Plus!?"
if they say no then just say one second and i will send it, and click the plus! icon and so on