Shoutbox

*useless* contact card - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: *useless* contact card (/showthread.php?tid=35863)

*useless* contact card by EeEk! on 12-20-2004 at 11:32 PM

:'(  My Messenger contact card doesn't show my blog background, the tiny star and all the blog info :'( It's blank :'( It shows my DP and my nickname :'( What can I do? :'(

RE: *useless* contact card by L. Coyote on 12-20-2004 at 11:37 PM

It can happen if you don't have a @hotmail.com account (from I've seen).

Do you use a @hotmail.com account?

RE: *useless* contact card by EeEk! on 12-20-2004 at 11:49 PM

Yup ugly, i'm using a gmail account.

RE: *useless* contact card by andrey on 12-20-2004 at 11:58 PM

Well as many others on here I use gmail aswell and have no probs with the blog nor the contact card..

RE: *useless* contact card by L. Coyote on 12-20-2004 at 11:59 PM

If I log in from a @hotmail.com account I can see my @yahoo.com.ar account's Contact Card.

But I see that the Contact Cards, in general seem to be bogus, as they don't seem to refresh the Space's layout. :s

quote:
Originally posted by AndreY
Well as many others on here I use gmail aswell and have no probs with the blog nor the contact card..

:( How about @yahoo.com?

Edit: I must pay attention when I post... :dodgy:
RE: *useless* contact card by EeEk! on 12-21-2004 at 12:02 AM

I see.... btw, i will try see it with my hotmail acc... Thanks for the help :D

RE: *useless* contact card by frankiedaman on 12-21-2004 at 12:08 AM

I find that when I log into MSN, if the tabs on the left don't appear, 99% more than likely, the contact card won't work.

If, when I log in, i see all the tabs on the left (shows that i've completely logged in with my net passport and such), then I can see my contact card and other people's contact cards, with blog background, and updated info.

When you log into MSN, do you see all the tabs on the left? Because if not, then there is your problem, something is blocking MSN from logging you in completely with your passport, and so this affects your, and other people's contact cards from showing completely.

I have this problem myself, but i normally find that if you try logging in again, it signs you in "completely".

Let me know if this advice is of any help =)

RE: *useless* contact card by L. Coyote on 12-21-2004 at 12:13 AM

Yeah, happens to me too. But I don't think that's the problem, since he can see his Contact Card. He means the MSN Space layout, he can't see it. He sees his Contact Card as any other contact's Contact Card (who don't have an MSN Space).

RE: *useless* contact card by EeEk! on 12-21-2004 at 12:22 AM

Ok ... I've logged with my hotmail acc and i can see the CC and the tiny star. :D

[Image: contactcard.JPG]

The problem is i can't see it from my own gmail acc.

Maybe the problem is my country? Because I'm from Venezuela

RE: *useless* contact card by L. Coyote on 12-21-2004 at 12:31 AM

I don't think it's because of the country. Since Gmail only has .com

And AndreY said it didn't happen to him and some others. :s

RE: *useless* contact card by .blade// on 12-21-2004 at 02:07 AM

Did you log out and log in after you applied the settings? Sometimes you can't see blog changes until after you restart MSN.

RE: *useless* contact card by FrozernFire on 12-21-2004 at 03:14 AM

uh, and you must wait for a well before it updates.

RE: *useless* contact card by L. Coyote on 12-21-2004 at 03:30 AM

In my case, it's been more than 2 weeks. I doubt it takes that long.

For the others: how much time passed?

RE: *useless* contact card by John Anderton on 12-21-2004 at 02:00 PM

I have a problem. I opened my contact card while i was chattin and could see only my hotmail id and none of the other addresses. Why is this happening ??

RE: *useless* contact card by Fergy on 12-21-2004 at 02:28 PM

Because a contact card only displays your username and your MSN Space information, do you mean your contact list John?

PS: it took 2 hours for my contact card to update with logoffs and logons etc.

RE: *useless* contact card by mad_onion on 12-21-2004 at 03:58 PM

i have a similar problem with the contact card and MSN Spaces. I have a hotmail.co.uk address and my contact card now wont update since i changed the address of my space. im trying to close my hotmail and passport but it doesnt let you do it straight away you have to wait for ages. :(

RE: *useless* contact card by FrozernFire on 12-21-2004 at 04:12 PM

hmm. i suppose the server is not reliable. :dodgy: now my msn 7 screwed up and won't let me sign in. and remember that msn 7 is still a beta, so don't expect it to be perfect

RE: *useless* contact card by EeEk! on 12-21-2004 at 08:25 PM

Mmm.... It's weird ... I have a month with my blog and i cant see my contact card with the info from my gmail acc.  But i can see it adding the gmail acc with my hotmail acc. Very weird.

RE: *useless* contact card by John Anderton on 12-22-2004 at 06:53 AM

Then whats the card that EeEk! showed ?? I dont have that.

RE: *useless* contact card by L. Coyote on 12-22-2004 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EeEk!
Mmm.... It's weird ... I have a month with my blog and i cant see my contact card with the info from my gmail acc.  But i can see it adding the gmail acc with my hotmail acc. Very weird.
Exactly what happens with my @yahoo.com.ar account.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Then whats the card that EeEk! showed ?? I dont have that.
If you don't use MSNM7 you can't see it. If you do have MSNM7, next to your DP is your nickname, if you click there you can choose your status and also to view your Contact Card.

However, there's a "bug" where you can't view your Contact Card or tabs when you sign in. The solution is to sign out and in until all your tabs are shown.
RE: *useless* contact card by Derwan on 12-23-2004 at 12:53 AM

Both MSN Spaces and MSN Messenger 7.0 are in BETA.  It is quite likely that things won't be fully functional at this stage.  They might have the update frequency set low during this testing period.

Hopefully things will be working properly by the time MSN Messenger 7.0 is officially released.