Shoutbox

Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize (/showthread.php?tid=35876)

Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize by Ash_ on 12-21-2004 at 04:11 PM

ok i need to set the object of a variable to the oMessenger object passed to Initialize

here is what im using

code:
in a module
Option Explicit
Global MSN As Object

in the class module
Public Function Initialize(ByVal nVersion As Long, ByVal sUserEmail As String, ByVal oMessenger As Object) As Boolean
Set MSN = Nothing
Set MSN = oMessenger
Initialize = True

End Function

its in vb :P
ive also tried
code:
Set MSN = New oMessenger

thanks for any help in advance

edit: Dempsey suggested i add the Windows Messenger API, but in the last version of my proggie i didnt need to.
RE: Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize by Mike on 12-21-2004 at 08:40 PM

Actually, the last time I used the messenger object that MsgPlus! gives me, I noticed that it passes thing like "hWnd", "Top", "Left" etc.
But I'm not sure... :S

RE: Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize by Millenium_edition on 12-21-2004 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Actually, the last time I used the messenger object that MsgPlus! gives me, I noticed that it passes thing like "hWnd", "Top", "Left" etc.
But I'm not sure... :S
you're right: you're not sure. because what you're talking about is the IMessengerWindow interface.
RE: Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize by RaceProUK on 12-21-2004 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
code:
Global MSN As Object

Don't you mean new MessenserAPI.IMessenger3?
RE: RE: Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize by Ash_ on 12-22-2004 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
code:
Global MSN As Object

Don't you mean new MessenserAPI.IMessenger3?

if i do it that way dont i have the have a reference to the messenger API. which means Windows Messenger needs to be upadated and not fscked up?
RE: Variablising the oMessenger Object passed to Initialize by RaceProUK on 12-22-2004 at 10:01 PM

Kinda, yeah.