Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! features not directly linked to Messenger. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! features not directly linked to Messenger. (/showthread.php?tid=35880)

Messenger Plus! features not directly linked to Messenger. by .blade// on 12-21-2004 at 06:11 PM

Ok, after seeing Patchou's post the other day that he was worried that Messenger Plus! would no longer be needed prety soon I got to thinking. Then it struck me - what if Plus! contained features  that didn't directly use MSN Messenger Protocal. For example, myself and several other ppl have suggested a streaming video feature, but we were told this can't be done through MSN protocal. What if this was done by a seperate pop-up form that contained this feature and directly linked the two PC's through IP (e.g., Tom's Messenger Plus! sends Bob's Messenger Plus! Tom's IP, so Bob's Plus! could then stream a video to Tom's Plus!).

This wouldn't be the only feature like this though, I remember other suggestions for features that couldn't be done directly through MSN Messenger Protocal.

Just a suggestion to keep Messenger Plus! alive in the coming years ;).

RE: Messenger Plus! features not directly linked to Messenger. by Millenium_edition on 12-21-2004 at 06:18 PM

>.< that is not "plus!", that is a whole new program. plus exists because it integrates into messenger, not because it shows a new popup.

*protocol

RE: Messenger Plus! features not directly linked to Messenger. by Patchou on 12-21-2004 at 07:08 PM

Well Blade, you're right, Plus! is limited because it doesn't send any information directly to other people. One reason is technical, the other is security.  Sending data between two people directly could fail for so many reasons that I don't want to try. However, you'll see something similar for one feature in Plus! 3.50 (no videostreaming though) :).

RE: Messenger Plus! features not directly linked to Messenger. by Pr0xY on 12-21-2004 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
However, you'll see something similar for one feature in Plus! 3.50 (no videostreaming though) :).
:O the mysterious "One Feature".... I cant wait to find out....

RE: Messenger Plus! features not directly linked to Messenger. by Patchou on 12-21-2004 at 09:26 PM

hehehe... let's close the topic for now ;).