Shoutbox

Suggestion: Show how long contacts have been online - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Show how long contacts have been online (/showthread.php?tid=35972)

Suggestion: Show how long contacts have been online by Nemesis on 12-23-2004 at 08:59 PM

I've searched but I couldn't see anything to do with this so here goes...

What about adding something where if you hover over the contact in the main window (only?) then you'll be able to see how long the contact has been online or idle.

This is also useful if you want to speak to someone that has set a status and you're not sure if they're online ... so if you hover over their name and they have no idle time, then you know they should be speaking to you.

This is the sort of thing you can see in AIM, but I for one would have found it useful in the past for messenger.

RE: Suggestion: Show how long contacts have been online by CookieRevised on 12-23-2004 at 09:14 PM

right click the contact and choose "Messenger Plus! Extra's > Contact Information", that's what its there for...

In some other threads, such suggestions came up also. The conclussion is that you need to draw a line somewhere in what to show in the tooltips, afterall you can add a whole page there with all kinds of info if you like, but that would only make it bloated and the purpose of the tooltips will be lost.

This suggestion may or may not be added in the futur though, but remember that there will come a point where the tooltips lost their "tooltip"-status and become a bloated popup page with too much info...

RE: Suggestion: Show how long contacts have been online by Nemesis on 12-23-2004 at 09:16 PM

Ah yeah I see what you mean. Thanks for showing me what I wanted though :)