Shoutbox

Msn Messenger had messsed up.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. (/showthread.php?tid=36086)

Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-27-2004 at 06:47 PM

Look at the screenshot. When I open a conversation window, it is now like that. I have repaired, msn messenger, uninstall msgplus, and uninstall msn messenger, and re-installed it. No luck. Anyone know a fix?

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by MC.POP on 12-27-2004 at 06:53 PM

ok i dont know if this works but i cant test it cz i cant put the window to the corner like that, but right click with the mouse on the window and an option apears with move ,then the mouse changes to a 4way arrow drag the window out.

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-27-2004 at 06:55 PM

Ya thats what I am having to do with EVERY conversation. It's getting realy realy annoying. It just goes back to the same thing...?

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Mike on 12-27-2004 at 06:55 PM

Try this:
Right click on the conversation window from the taskbar and then choose "Maximaze"
Does this fix the problem?
If not, try changing your resolution.

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-27-2004 at 06:57 PM

Ya I can do that. But that only does it on that one conversation, then if I open another one it does the same thing over and over and over again...:blah:

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Screeny on 12-28-2004 at 12:47 AM

Start ->Run->Type Regedit and press Enter.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER ->Software->Microsoft->MSNMessenger

Right-Click on It and Delete it (It will be be recreate after the next Sign in).

Maybe this fix your Problem.... But I dont know.

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-28-2004 at 04:23 AM

Well that would help a bit, but I went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER ->Software

But there was nothing in it lmao?

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by MC.POP on 12-28-2004 at 04:39 AM

look on the side there will be a plus button beside the HKEY_......... press on it and u would find all the files

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-28-2004 at 04:52 AM

Screenshot.  There is nothing on there...:S

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Dane on 12-28-2004 at 05:20 AM

Have you uninstalled it and made sure all files and registry keys are deleted?

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by matty on 12-28-2004 at 08:07 AM

To rectiy the problem right click on the item in the taskbar and select Move Once your cursor on your mouse turns to a four way arrow then use the ARROW keys on the keyboard to move the window. Once it is in the place you want it close the window and reopen it. If that doesn't work do what Screeny said but do it in hkEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead.

If all else fails reinstall MSN Messenger. But I would suggest trying to see if you have anything under Software for the HKCU in Safe Mode because it is surley not supposed to be empty.

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-28-2004 at 09:06 PM

There is nothing under software, if you look at the screenshot there is no way to expand it, and when I click on the folder, there is nothing there. And do I have to start in Safe Mode, to see if there is something there?

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by L. Coyote on 12-28-2004 at 09:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messer
There is nothing under software, if you look at the screenshot there is no way to expand it, and when I click on the folder, there is nothing there. And do I have to start in Safe Mode, to see if there is something there?
When you restart your computer, before Windows loads press F8, a screen should appear and you should be able to choose how to start Windows.
RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-28-2004 at 09:12 PM

Yes i know how to start in Safe Mode, but do I have to start in safe mode to see the things in the registry under software?

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by L. Coyote on 12-28-2004 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messer
Yes i know how to start in Safe Mode, but do I have to start in safe mode to see the things in the registry under software?
My bad, I dunno how I misunderstood your question :$

Usually, you don't have to do that. But seeing that you don't have anything under Software in Normal Mode, it could be wise to check out if something's going on in your PC.

There's not even Microsoft... It's so strange... :s
RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-28-2004 at 09:27 PM

I know, I don't know why there's nothing in it. It's always been there, up till now.

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by MC.POP on 12-28-2004 at 09:32 PM

strange*-)

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by f1d0d1d08989 on 12-29-2004 at 03:53 AM

LOL, with nothing there, would a PC function properly? Softwares without registry keys? :huh:

But, if you dont restart in safe mode to change it, you cant, unless it shows up there in Normal mode...

RE: Msn Messenger had messsed up.. by Messer on 12-29-2004 at 06:08 AM

I am going to format computer tomarrow. It will solve other problems with my computer too I assume :(.

* Messer goes on backing up shit