Shoutbox

Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D (/showthread.php?tid=36092)

Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by paperless on 12-27-2004 at 11:45 PM

Lol today i found this site on another forum: http://www.hellaciousriders.com/web_page.cfm?web_pageID=38

well there u can register for an email account with 1 terabytes storage but i didnt try to register..
eheh when are this "psycho-emailaccountswithahugeammountofstorageproviders" gonna stop?

:D

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Purity on 12-28-2004 at 05:10 AM

ROTFL, that was on Call For Help one night.:P

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by .blade// on 12-28-2004 at 07:05 AM

Wtf, how the hell would you fill a terabyte with emails :-/ Even if ppl were constantly sending you video files, pictures and even programs that would take forever to fill. This is getting very sad bcz ppl are now just trying to out-shine the other ESP's.

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Titty on 12-28-2004 at 08:06 AM

ROFL.

Holy shit.  Pathetic. 

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by John Anderton on 12-28-2004 at 10:49 AM

Hey guyz this is getting crazy !!! 1 gb was good enough !! Its hard to fill that.
Fitst gmail started it then rediff.
Then yahoo gave 250 Mb and now hotmails doing so (still in process; Go to hotmail.com and read it)

C'mon for god's sake !!!! This is getting CRAZY :@

WTF is anyone gonna do with all that space. I have a 2 gmail accounts One of which has about 50-60 mb (public) and the other with 5 Mb (personal).

Now tell me what in the world are u gonna go with all that space.

And the surprising thing about this is, I still haven't seen a 1 Tb hard disc ;) (I don't think there is one rite ???)

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by user27089 on 12-28-2004 at 11:03 AM

This is definitely getting  very over the top, its just getting pretty pointless and annoyign in my opinion, you don't need that much space, its just a waste, something good could be using that space, but no, they have to try and get customers for their emails, I hate stuff like this, gmail is a good esp... thats all someone will ever need for an email address, public or personal :-/ ...

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by saralk on 12-28-2004 at 11:05 AM

this wont last, people will just try and push them to the limit, and upload DivX movies, then no amount of advertising will keep them running.

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Plik on 12-28-2004 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
And the surprising thing about this is, I still haven't seen a 1 Tb hard disc ;) (I don't think there is one rite ???)
I dont think one exists but you can have a load of big hardrives attached together in a raid array and treated as one big hdd.

I think we should all sign up for an account and try and fill it, then see if the still want to offer 1 Tb :grin:

Also the way this works is that they rely on the fact that most people wont use there 1 Tb  of storage, and also email cant be compressed quite well.
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Kryptonate on 12-28-2004 at 11:23 AM

quote:
And the surprising thing about this is, I still haven't seen a 1 Tb hard disc  (I don't think there is one rite ???)
there is an extended hard disk from LaCie (http://www.lacie.com/products/family.htm?id=10007).
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by John Anderton on 12-28-2004 at 11:25 AM

It sholud come on top of google search's list. Then when it can't handle all the load due to shortage of bandwidth, then they'll understand.
I think that all such companies are playing games to attract ppl cause they know if u only use emails no big file uploadings then ur safe cause ppl will never reach i Gb cause in the 2 mail accounts i have only pure mails and just one 4Mb software which i needed to zip and split case gmail neither excepts an exe nor a 4 mb file.
So u see they know that no one can use the whole 1 Gb or Tb in this case.

quote:
Originally posted by madman66
I dont think one exists but you can have a load of big hardrives attached together in a raid array and treated as one big hdd.
And madman66, i think the biggest hd now publically available is about 200 Gb am i rite ?? (If not then its still ok :P) Cause see at that rate to make a i Tb hd you would need 5 hd's !!! C'mon u'll finish all your money for that !! I'd rather buy a new graphics card and increase my ram ;)!!
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Jhrono on 12-28-2004 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blade

Wtf, how the hell would you fill a terabyte with emails

i have got that tiny gmail(compared to that one) acount and i havent got 1% occupied:S
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by user27089 on 12-28-2004 at 11:40 AM

I have had it for almost 6 months and i've used 25mb which is 3%, the whole 1 Terabyte is ludacris... completely and utterly stupid.

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Kryptonate on 12-28-2004 at 11:40 AM

quote:
i think the biggest hd now publically available is about 200 Gb am i rite ?? (If not then its still ok )

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
there is an extended hard disk from LaCie from 1TB (http://www.lacie.com/products/family.htm?id=10007)

Most of the time, the biggest you will find are about 300GB.

RE: RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Titty on 12-28-2004 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:

Wtf, how the hell would you fill a terabyte with emails

i have got that tiny gmail(compared to that one) acount and i havent got 1% occupied:S

My friend and I attatch a file [anything, the MSN setup.exe] to an email, and Foward it to ourselves about 100x.  Then we get an extra huge email.  Then if anyone spams us, we'll spam them back with that huge 100mb file.  Haha...  Yeah, but.. we would never be able to fill that terabyte with our puny 100mb email :\
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by L. Coyote on 12-28-2004 at 08:52 PM

The terabyte email seems like a big lie, probably to just get people's info and SPAM them.

While there ARE TeraByte based computers (mostly for animation companies and the like), I doubt they'd offer 1TB just because. 8-)

It has happened before, with another email service, which was fake. It offered 1GB, etc, etc but it actually sent SPAM all the time and it didn't have SMTP. :s

So, nah. Not for me. As long as the space is not below 20MB, I'm happy.

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by MoRiA on 12-28-2004 at 09:10 PM

The largest drive Ebuyer sells is 400GB: Click

It's actually the 400Gb model of the hard drive I just bought 4x 200GBs of.. So I now have just over 1TB of hard drive space in my desktop computer. I'm not planning to ever fill it - but I also won't have to ever buy extra drives, just replace dead ones ;)

Gmail's 1gb is fine for me.. I'm using 17mb of it, though, thanks to the SPNG2 testing... :p

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by .blade// on 12-28-2004 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MoRiA

It's actually the 400Gb model of the hard drive I just bought 4x 200GBs of.. So I now have just over 1TB of hard drive space in my desktop computer. I'm not planning to ever fill it - but I also won't have to ever buy extra drives, just replace dead ones ;)

Gmail's 1gb is fine for me.. I'm using 17mb of it, though, thanks to the SPNG2 testing... :p

IF you have 4x200GB you have 800GB, 200GB short of 1TB :-/
RE: RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Titty on 12-28-2004 at 11:24 PM

quote:
quote:

lol, I was thinking that too.. I thought I was doing my math
wrong or something !!

EDIT:  Oh yeah.  I wish I had a LaCie hdd. ;p  I'd be pimptress with the 500gb
hdd that they make.
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by MoRiA on 12-28-2004 at 11:26 PM

quote:
quote:

Only if you ignore the 120GB+80GB+60GB I already had in it ;)
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by .blade// on 12-29-2004 at 12:28 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

How the fuck do you fit 7 HDD in a computer? And while we're at it - what do you need 1TB of space for anyways? :-/
RE: RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by paperless on 12-29-2004 at 12:46 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How the fuck do you fit 7 HDD in a computer? And while we're at it - what do you need 1TB of space for anyways? :-/

For some people 1 TB would be useful for others would be a waste.. i think per example for people who work with a lot of video would love one..
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by .blade// on 12-29-2004 at 01:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
For some people 1 TB would be useful for others would be a waste.. i think per example for people who work with a lot of video would love one..

I meant HIM in perticular, I know profesional ppl (e.g. game/video developers) might need it, but why would the every day person, at this point in time, need 1 TB? :-/
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Jhrono on 12-29-2004 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
1 TB

think people...that stuff must be paid...imagine...here in this thread posted what?10 people?...10 TB!!well...let's imagine for that you'd need 50 200 gb HD...each 200 gb costs 139.90 €(random HD from http://www.chip7.pt/catalogo/detalhes_produto.php?id=53)
(139.9€x5 200MB HD)x10 1TB Accounts=6995€...:dodgy:...that thing is totally lie...imagine now for all our forum members...(139.9€x5 200MB HD)x42049 1TB Accounts=294132751,5€...:dodgy: site...what they may do it's to have less HD space in the server cause they know that nbdy will fill 1 TB...but what if people do fill it?LOL
Edit : calcs are correct..not confirmated:P

OMG it's TRUE i registed with fake data and look what i got.... :|

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by .blade// on 12-29-2004 at 05:03 PM

quote:
OMG it's TRUE i registed with fake data and look what i got....:|

Firstly, don't double post - edit the original post (someone with 243 posts should know this by now :-/)

Secondly, try filling this space. I'll be happy to help you by sending large files if you want :P
RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Jhrono on 12-29-2004 at 05:24 PM

do that blade :p...fill that damn thing LOL..sorry 4 the doubl post

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by CookieRevised on 12-29-2004 at 05:29 PM

Like explained before in another thread when google first offered 1GB: not everybody will fill up 1TB, so they do not actually have to got 1TB for each individual member. There is a difference between storage capacity and the amount that actually is taken by a particular user...

If 1000 people only use 20Mb, the do not need to have the physical storage capacity of 1000 TB....

RE: Are we gonna have 1 YB email accounts soon? [/sarcasm] :D by Jhrono on 12-29-2004 at 05:31 PM

cookie that's what i said :

quote:
what they may do it's to have less HD space in the server cause they know that nbdy will fill 1 TB...but what if people do fill it?LOL