Shoutbox

Mac OSX users... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Mac OSX users... (/showthread.php?tid=36128)

Mac OSX users... by quadtikiastrojr on 12-29-2004 at 03:52 AM

quick question...when will they make a mac version??..im getting tired of being left out of the chain of updates. There are thousands of mac users like me..waiting for cool stuff to come but it doesnt...im already mad...as the msn mesenger for mac is a dirt old version so we have less capabilities...compared to windows users..

RE: Mac OSX users... by Tochjo on 12-29-2004 at 11:35 AM

A version for Macintosh has been requested before. Previous replies included

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Unfortunately it's not possible due to the lack of a proper API (the way Msgplus accesses Windows' MSN Messenger) in the Mac version of MSN Messenger, and more importantly due to the lack of a Macintosh in Patchou's house and the lack of knowledge he has regarding OSX, let alone programming for it.
Patchou himself replied as well to such threads:
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
last time I used a Mac, it took me 15 minutes to understand how to browse the web :p. I'm really a Windows guy :).
A forum search for '"mac " and "Patchou" shows that there's very little hope for you, sorry :)
RE: Mac OSX users... by MoRiA on 12-29-2004 at 01:35 PM

I don't know if you've noticed but the company that creates MSN Messenger and thus pays for the bandwidth used by said application is also the company that creates the Windows operating system, to which MacOS is a rival. It is not exactly in Microsoft's best interests to be creating amazing software for MacOS, so you should probably be thankful that you have an MSN Messenger client at all ;)