Shoutbox

Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? (/showthread.php?tid=36147)

Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jonne on 12-29-2004 at 03:53 PM

Can you?

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jhrono on 12-29-2004 at 05:36 PM

what do you mean with writing systems?like the arabic that you write from right to left?

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jonne on 12-29-2004 at 06:22 PM

Yes, like Arabic, Chinese, Korean etc.

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Anubis on 12-29-2004 at 06:41 PM

Can we, or can our forum handle it? Which are you asking?

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jhrono on 12-29-2004 at 06:43 PM

like...i can only write with international characters and ocidental text type...man ur from finland...i cant reach ur point...

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jonne on 12-29-2004 at 06:45 PM

Hmm can you write with different letters than 'English'?

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jhrono on 12-29-2004 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jonne

Hmm can you write with different letters than 'English'?

no..only the latins one...i know portuguese french and english...(my french sucks...

btw jonne ur new learn this[i made the same mistake today no stress] don't make multiple posts edit them...theres this button under your post :
[Image: edit.gif]..

anyway what was this whole thread for?
RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jonne on 12-29-2004 at 07:12 PM

Oops..The other forum im using doesn't have this feature, so I can't remember that it's available here *-)

anyway what was this whole thread for?
- I made it because I want to know if anybody else knows other alphabets.

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Tochjo on 12-29-2004 at 10:30 PM

I know Greek.

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Replicarter on 12-31-2004 at 12:17 AM

I know Asgaurd (greekish) and Ancient (latin) from Stargate SG-1, which sorta means i can...

RE: RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Titty on 12-31-2004 at 04:35 AM

quote:
Yes, like Arabic, Chinese, Korean etc.

I can speak, read, write Vietnamese.
But we don't read from right to left.
RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jonne on 12-31-2004 at 10:31 AM

and you write with latin letters in vietnamese, right?.. but add these strange signs above letters to mark tone etc.

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by saralk on 12-31-2004 at 10:41 AM

I can read and write a little bit of hindi (see sig)

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jonne on 12-31-2004 at 11:02 AM

I can read and write in arabic and korean pretty fine, not so fine in hindi, greek, russian and hebrew, and somewhat crappy in japanese (hiragana & katakana)

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Vilkku on 12-31-2004 at 11:35 AM

Well, I know English, Finnish and Swedish but they all use latin letters. The only language I know (wery little) that doesn't use latin letters is Russian.

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by sock on 12-31-2004 at 10:07 PM

I know Hebrew.

What's the point of this? :P

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Omar on 12-31-2004 at 10:29 PM

I can speak klingon.... and ive never ever watched star trek

RE: RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Titty on 01-02-2005 at 06:37 PM

quote:
and you write with latin letters in vietnamese, right?.. but add these strange signs above letters to mark tone etc.

Yeah, there are accent marks ontop of Latin letters. :]
They're not strange.  Reminds me of French, lol.
RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by leito on 01-02-2005 at 06:44 PM

I can't, don't think is that necesary.

what does سلام? means.

RE: Can you deal with other writing systems than Latin (=English) ? by Jonne on 01-04-2005 at 12:08 PM

"سلام? " is supposed to show as an arabic word.. but I guess that the forum doesn'y support arabic or something.