Shoutbox

emotion missing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: emotion missing (/showthread.php?tid=36277)

emotion missing by j05h on 01-01-2005 at 07:28 PM

when ever i add an emotion,it saves the image in its little box thingy showing all the emotions (like in the atttached pic) but when i insert them into messages,they come up as the emotion i want when it previews it automatically in the text box,but the person on the other end of the convo just gets the txt that is the emotion shortcut name, iv found out why,and the reason is because messenger doesnt save the file location (as it shows in the pic) because there should be something in that empty box like c:/my documents/my custom emotions/star.gif shouldnt there.i have tried deleting the custom emotions folder from C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<email addy>\ and also from C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger (BETA)\<email addy>\

RE: emotion missing by Plik on 01-01-2005 at 07:48 PM

If the other contact doesnt have messenger 7 they will see animated emoticons as the text shortcut

RE: emotion missing by RaceProUK on 01-02-2005 at 10:32 PM

However, it should work with standard static emoticons.

RE: emotion missing by Sunshine on 01-03-2005 at 12:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by j05h
because there should be something in that empty box like c:/my documents/my custom emotions/star.gif shouldnt there
Nope, it's perfectly normal that there is nothing in that field. Once you added the emoticon it is stored (encrypted) where every CE is stored, see this post by CookieRevised

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
However, it should work with standard static emoticons.
True, but only if the other person has set MSN Messenger to show em (tools > options > messages..tick "show emoticons" and "show custom emoticons")