Shoutbox

How To Change Received Text - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: How To Change Received Text (/showthread.php?tid=36318)

How To Change Received Text by Foden on 01-02-2005 at 01:03 PM

Hello.

I am trying to make a plugin using Visual Basic 6.

I would like to change incoming text if it has the right notify code. How would I do this?

At current I have it using a Message Box to display what I want, but i want it to display instead of the text received in the message.

RE: How To Change Received Text by Sunshine on 01-02-2005 at 01:06 PM

Can't you use wordfilter in Plus! for that?

RE: How To Change Received Text by Choli on 01-02-2005 at 01:16 PM

you can't change the received text (weel, at least, using the api that plus provides)

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Can't you use wordfilter in Plus! for that?
maybe he wants to display something that has nothing to do with the received messeage and also only when the message comes with the flag that indicates that the text is to be parsed with a plugin.
RE: How To Change Received Text by Foden on 01-02-2005 at 01:42 PM

Well I am sending some text that my plugin encrypts.

I want to be able to decrypt it in the conversation window, instead of using a seperate notification.

This plugin's purpose is so 2 people can send messages in group conversations without having someone else understand it.

RE: How To Change Received Text by Choli on 01-02-2005 at 06:13 PM

I had the same problem as you when I made my (now outdated) encryption plugin. I don't think there's an easy work arround (and even less in VB)

quote:
Originally posted by Foden
This plugin's purpose is so 2 people can send messages in group conversations without having someone else understand it.
Isn't it easier that those 2 people open a separate convo?
RE: How To Change Received Text by Plik on 01-02-2005 at 06:22 PM

If it automatically de-crypted it then wouldnt anyone else in that convosation who had the plugin be able to read it.
Wouldnt it be better to encypt with a password then with recive notify open a prompt for the password and show the decrypted text in anouther window
Hope that makes sense

RE: How To Change Received Text by Choli on 01-02-2005 at 06:26 PM

The idea is that one person sends a text and the plugin encripts it, then everyone else sees the encripted text but the person who knows the pasword, who see the decripted text instead.

Well, that's what I understood :P

RE: How To Change Received Text by Sunshine on 01-02-2005 at 06:57 PM

Something like Simp Lite?
I used that for a while, but in massconvo...other ppl will get sent the key aswell =/

RE: How To Change Received Text by Foden on 01-03-2005 at 02:05 AM

Well basically I just want to be able to convert the received text.

If that isn't possible using Visual Basic then I guess I will have to try and find another way.

RE: How To Change Received Text by StUpIdO on 01-04-2005 at 11:05 AM

well, it isn't possible with the MSgPlus.net API :)

i tried it before too: crYpt

i'm now jsut waiting for the new msgplus & msgplus Plugin pack to come out, and see how to be able to do it.

bu i don't believe Patchou is going to allow us (plug=in writers) to change text send by some1 else :)

./..........................and yes, i would like to be able to do that :P

RE: How To Change Received Text by Ash_ on 01-04-2005 at 11:29 AM

bah implement it youself.

subclass messengers wndproc and search for the value recived when text is recieved (somehow :P)
then edit it and go bakc to the normal wndproc.

this will probly cause some errors with plus though.

and you would have to forget everything you know about vb and start again. because i dont belive cross process subclassing or dll injection is possible in Visual Basic.

RE: How To Change Received Text by Choli on 01-04-2005 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
nd you would have to forget everything you know about vb and start again. because i dont belive cross process subclassing or dll injection is possible in Visual Basic.
you can subclass in vb, but if you're really wanting to do that, it's much better doing it in c++ :))
RE: How To Change Received Text by Ash_ on 01-04-2005 at 01:04 PM

yeh but can you cross process subclass in vb. if you can i got jewed.
everyone was all like no, vb n00bie crap. learn C++.

so i started to look into C++ more.

RE: How To Change Received Text by mrhuge on 01-04-2005 at 07:02 PM

Already quite some time ago I wrote MSNProxy, a SOCKS4 proxy for MSN Messenger. This program has a plugin interface which allows you to change any incoming and outgoing message without any restrictions. Maybe this is what you're looking for? In my signature you will find a download link.

Only drawback for you could be that the plugin interface currently doesn't support Visual Basic plugins.

I'm thinking about porting this application to a MSGPlus! plugin, but I'm still not sure wether or not I will do it...

RE: How To Change Received Text by -dt- on 01-05-2005 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mrhuge
Already quite some time ago I wrote MSNProxy, a SOCKS4 proxy for MSN Messenger. This program has a plugin interface which allows you to change any incoming and outgoing message without any restrictions. Maybe this is what you're looking for? In my signature you will find a download link.

Only drawback for you could be that the plugin interface currently doesn't support Visual Basic plugins.

I'm thinking about porting this application to a MSGPlus! plugin, but I'm still not sure wether or not I will do it...

but that wont work msn 7 will it?  because wouldnt it have the same problem Messengerdiscovery did

RE: RE: How To Change Received Text by mrhuge on 01-05-2005 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
but that wont work msn 7 will it?  because wouldnt it have the same problem Messengerdiscovery did

I haven't tested it with MSN Messenger 7 yet to be honest...

Where can I download the beta?
RE: How To Change Received Text by Tochjo on 01-05-2005 at 03:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mrhuge
Where can I download the beta?
http://messenger.msn.com/beta/