Shoutbox

About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" (/showthread.php?tid=36333)

About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by Choli on 01-02-2005 at 06:30 PM

1: What is maximun number of blank lines that a post can have?

2: If I try to post one post with lots of blank lines, I get the message. Then I go back, delete the lines and try to post again. Then the "You can not post in 30 seconds" message appears. WDZ: what about fixing it? :P

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by Titty on 01-02-2005 at 06:34 PM

I think that's a good message to keep from spamming, or the server load being so high if it were say, 10 seconds..

30 seconds isn't so bad !  Your poptarts for breakfast take longer than that ! :]

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by Choli on 01-02-2005 at 06:49 PM

nah! I agree with that message, the problem is that it still appears if first I try to post a post with blank lines * and then I remove some blank lines and post again

* -> but due to that there are too many, I can't post it

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by parkspaperclip on 01-02-2005 at 07:59 PM

quote:
"You can not post in 30 seconds"

It's set to prevent spamming and flooding of forums, and can be edited by the admins but most people don't even notice it...
RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by saralk on 01-02-2005 at 09:36 PM

i c what you mean, in the eyes of the anti-flooder the message is still counted as posted even if the message didnt get posted for whatever reason.

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by WDZ on 01-03-2005 at 04:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
You don't need to know that... if you really want to know, you have to experiment. :p The number is high enough that nobody has a non-spammy reason to use that many. :p

quote:
Then I go back, delete the lines and try to post again. Then the "You can not post in 30 seconds" message appears. WDZ: what about fixing it?
I'll do something about that. I probably forgot to check the order in which things are done in the scripts after adding that blank line check.
RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by musicalmidget on 01-03-2005 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
You don't need to know that... if you really want to know, you have to experiment. :p

15...I got bored. :p
RE: RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by Choli on 01-03-2005 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
You don't need to know that... if you really want to know, you have to experiment. :p The number is high enough that nobody has a non-spammy reason to use that many. :p
:blah!: you know i'll do it :P and yes, it's 15 as mm said. (however ther's a way to post more than 15 blank lines (i won't say, there are too many spammers arround here :refuck:))
quote:
quote:
Then I go back, delete the lines and try to post again. Then the "You can not post in 30 seconds" message appears. WDZ: what about fixing it?
I'll do something about that. I probably forgot to check the order in which things are done in the scripts after adding that blank line check.

thanks ;)
RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by WDZ on 01-04-2005 at 04:58 AM

quote:
however there's a way to post more than 15 blank lines
I don't doubt it... I'm way too lazy to prevent every possible way of posting lots of blank lines. :p

The current check should discourage the average spammer. :spam:
RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by saralk on 01-04-2005 at 10:42 AM

you can just post a . every 15 lines cant you?

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by Eljay on 01-04-2005 at 11:22 AM

yup it appears u can :P

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by musicalmidget on 01-04-2005 at 01:22 PM

You can do...but why would you want to? :p

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by Jhrono on 01-04-2005 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Titty
30 seconds isn't so bad !
Do as one...close your eyes slowly...then open slowly and count 5..4..3..2..1..0..-1..-2...-3...-4...-5..-6...-7...-8...-9...-10 and then u can post :P :lol:
RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by WDZ on 01-04-2005 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
you can just post a . every 15 lines cant you?
Yeah, but people will see the dot... oh noes :-/ :tongue:
RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by saralk on 01-04-2005 at 04:58 PM

fine, make the dot the same colour as the background colour, or post a transparent gif

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by parkspaperclip on 01-04-2005 at 08:10 PM

hmmm, that work?

Edit: Damn awkward blue background, next poster can make the do white and it will work :P

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by Titty on 01-04-2005 at 08:51 PM

[Image: dot_clear.gif]

Tried what saral brought up ;p

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by saralk on 01-04-2005 at 08:52 PM

with this method, you could have 150 blank lines (cos there is a 10 image per message limit IIRC) :banana:

RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by WDZ on 01-04-2005 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
with this method, you could have 150 blank lines (cos there is a 10 image per message limit IIRC) :banana:
And that's what the delete and ban features are for. :dodgy:
RE: About "your post has a large number of blank lines bla bla bla" by saralk on 01-04-2005 at 08:59 PM

:'( can i have forum rule bypasser as my title?