Shoutbox

Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) (/showthread.php?tid=36361)

Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by DeJa_Vu on 01-03-2005 at 06:21 AM

Good morning everyone in my case

I just read that Hotmail has recently allowed users to register new emails using dash (-) in the usernames .. for example: DeJa-Vu@hotmail.com

It's FYI and keep you updated !

Personally, I was so happy to register a new email using my favorite nick :D

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by MC.POP on 01-03-2005 at 06:28 AM

nice thnx for the update i will try it?!?!

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by BluexDreams on 01-03-2005 at 08:59 AM

Sounds nice! I've always wanted to use a dash ' - ' in my e-mial, but eh, that feature wasn't available..late upgrade.

Thanx for the info! Will help next time i create a new e-mial :D

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by Titty on 01-03-2005 at 09:30 AM

Maybe hotmail has ran out of possible usernames that fit how many ever characters they've allowed... and by adding the dash there will be more available nicknames.  I wonder why they didnt allow it in the first place.. It's a late upgrade !

Where did you hear this too ?

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by John Anderton on 01-03-2005 at 09:33 AM

Ya i had tried the dot (.) a few dayz ago but couldn't get it. Only rediff and gmail allow that as far as i know. Still thanks for the update:D.

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by user27089 on 01-03-2005 at 11:41 AM

Aw thats cool I suppose, I might get a hotmail now cause i hate the underscore, its just plain annoying, thanks for the info ;).

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by mad_onion on 01-03-2005 at 05:08 PM

wow thats exactly what i need now i can get the address i want and get spaces to work perfect! :)

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by Pipish on 01-04-2005 at 08:27 AM

somhow i dont think this will cath on with many user tho how annoying the _ is its basicly in every email it will be a new thing to do - i try to leave all of that out and just have text thats my opinion

RE: Forget the ( _ )! Register an email with ( - ) by Maniac on 01-06-2005 at 11:29 PM

I love the "." in gmail... looks somewhat professional (as long as its not the.hot.one@gmail.com or something like that :p)