Shoutbox

Full System Restore - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Full System Restore (/showthread.php?tid=36370)

Full System Restore by user27089 on 01-03-2005 at 01:15 PM

Well lately, my PC has became completely messed up, and I want to do a full system restore, so it restores to the state when I first received the computer, for some reason when I press f10 at the startup, it goes to the whole system restore Compaq thing, and then restarts, I really don't get it, is there anyway for me to completely restore the system, the Windows Folder included ;). Any help would be appreciated seriously, I need this :). Easy or hard...

RE: Full System Restore by GiantSpider on 01-03-2005 at 01:21 PM

System Restore Disk that you might haven been given with your pc?

RE: Full System Restore by user27089 on 01-03-2005 at 01:27 PM

No, I was never given one... apparently I have to order it from the Compaq site, that sucks, now I have to pay money :dodgy:.

RE: Full System Restore by Ash_ on 01-03-2005 at 01:45 PM

if your using window XP you could do that system restore thing in the control panel?

goto Control Panel make sure its in Category View. click Performance and Mantinence. and the system restore button on the top left of the window. go back to the first restore point made.

RE: Full System Restore by GiantSpider on 01-03-2005 at 01:55 PM

How far do they go back. I thought they only went back 1 year?

RE: Full System Restore by Ash_ on 01-03-2005 at 01:58 PM

?? i dont know i havent had this comp for a year. so i dont know.

RE: Full System Restore by uberdosis on 01-03-2005 at 02:09 PM

Don't be lazy, just format it.

RE: Full System Restore by saralk on 01-03-2005 at 03:17 PM

he would need a windows cd if he wanted to reformat it, and we dont know if he has one.

RE: Full System Restore by user27089 on 01-03-2005 at 04:00 PM

I don't have a windows cd, therefore can't re-format, I have tried system restore, but that doesn't restore and files does it??

RE: Full System Restore by Menthix on 01-03-2005 at 07:23 PM

Where did you buy your PC and in what state? If you bought your Compaq in a regular store as new there should have been a restore CD in the box.

I work at a company that sells like 90% HP/Compaq, there must always be a restore CD an operating system CD in the box. If you bought it in a store you could try to contact them and say there wasn't  a restore and operating system CD in the box. Maybe they can send you a copy for free. I believe you need two seperate CD's, one says recovery CD the other one saying Operating Disk. If you bought it second hand or "as-is" then it could be right you didn't get a restore CD.

You either need these Compaq recovery CD's or a normal Windows CD when the Windows build in system restore doesn't help.

If you really can't find a solution, tell me the exact model you have and which OS (xp/2k/home/pro/uk?). We may have the preload CD for it at work, it restores everything to what it was like when you first bought the PC (all other data will be ereased so make backup). Could send it to you if we have it for your model.

RE: Full System Restore by user27089 on 01-03-2005 at 09:57 PM

I didn't have a restore cd with it whatsoever, the pc is almost 2 years old, I'm not sure about it now though, cause everything was automatic when I turned on the pc, I only had to fill in a few details.

I don't have either and I have to pay £30 to get the recovery disk set, surely, I'm entitled to get some recovery disks if I didn't get any :-/.

I have a Compaq Presario 6000 Windows XP. It would be greatly appreciated, PM me so we can talk about it more in depth :).