Shoutbox

Why cant I.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Why cant I.. (/showthread.php?tid=36378)

Why cant I.. by bamb on 01-03-2005 at 06:05 PM

When I log into MSN messenger 6.2, or windows messenger, whenever I try to speak to someone or they try and speak to me, it keeps signing me out:S..What can I do to prevent this from happening?:(

RE: Why cant I.. by Anubis on 01-03-2005 at 06:33 PM

Try and uninstall both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger, then reinstall it...Do you mean when you try to speak to them (like opening an audio chat) or when you try and send a text message to them?

RE: Why cant I.. by bamb on 01-03-2005 at 06:38 PM

I mean a text message, Ive already uninstalled MSN 6.2 and tried MSN messenger 7.0 but I still had problems, I dont think its the anti virus problems because my friend has the same antivirus programme and it doesnt happen to him..have you got any more ideas?

RE: Why cant I.. by MC.POP on 01-03-2005 at 06:43 PM

sometimes its the load on your internet, if u have any downloads pause or sth cz this used to happen to me.

RE: Why cant I.. by bamb on 01-03-2005 at 06:45 PM

Nah i dont have any downloads paused etc :S Im really confused.

RE: Why cant I.. by Anubis on 01-03-2005 at 06:49 PM

What is the speed of your internet connection? Upload and Download if you are unsure check out http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

quote:
Originally posted by bamb

Nah i dont have any downloads paused etc
I think what he meant was to pause the downloads, if you are doing anything. In fact try exiting everything that uses the internet and see if it happens.
RE: Why cant I.. by bamb on 01-03-2005 at 06:56 PM

654.8 kilobits per second...Okay Ill see if it works when i stop everything. Thanks guys!!(K)

RE: Why cant I.. by Anubis on 01-03-2005 at 07:00 PM

That speed shouldn't cause problems like this...but if it doesn't go away after this try out this little application...http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=273157
You need something capable of extracting the contents (like WinZip) to a a temporary directory and then opening the .exe file included and changing servers...if you need help with that just ask, we would be glad to help you.

RE: Why cant I.. by bamb on 01-03-2005 at 07:07 PM

I closed all my internet pages, and opened MSN, someone said one thing to me, i replied, opened a internet page and msn signed me out, I can unzip files because i use XP, what do i do when ive extracted the file?

RE: Why cant I.. by Anubis on 01-03-2005 at 07:34 PM

Create a folder on your desktop, select all the files in their and drag them into the folder...open the file called msnservers with the icon of the butterfly. Your Anti Virus software may say a warning of it being a dodgy script; just allow the script to continue. Then select a server from that list (one that you're not currently using), and click Test Server, your firewall may ask if you want to let it accsess the internet allow it. If the test comes back succsessful click Ok and then click on use this server, then sign back into MSN. And see if it still happens...

RE: Why cant I.. by bamb on 01-05-2005 at 05:43 PM

:( Nah, it's still logging me out..Anymore ideas?